Heaps Should Consider a Mission

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heaps Should Consider a Mission

I think two years of aging and maturity would do him a world of good.
    "I'm going to go back to CUF now, where the censorship is less, the average IQ is higher, and we don't have to deal with so much of this nonsense. Goodbye." - SoonerCoug

Missions have generally not been kind to QB prospects, but I think I might agree. Jake looks like a scared little boy out there.

Comment

I don't think a mission has ever done a skill position player any good. No thanks.
      So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

Comment

He looks like a scared little boy because he is a true freshman trying to run football team with little help from those around him. This BYU team is the product of a perfect storm, not just an inexperienced quarterback. If he feels like he should go on a mission, then he should go. But if he goes just because he is struggling in his first year, then he doesn't he doesn't have what he needs to be a quarterback.

Comment

I don't think he looks particularly scared, I think he looks like a freshman. And, really, since he is, that was kind of my expectation.
          So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

Comment

What's crazy is that I read CB and everybody there is pimping him, saying what a great game he had. He's a true freshman with a lot of upside, but he's not close to being a good QB right now. Good QB's are good because they make big plays. Has he ever even converted a third and long?
            "The mind is not a boomerang. If you throw it too far it will not come back." ~ Tom McGuane

Comment

Heaps looks tiny and weak, makes some bad reads and inaccurate throws, etc., but he looks the opposite of scared. Not sure what you guys are seeing but he seems remarkably poised in the pocket for a freshman.

Comment

Originally posted by woot View Post
                Heaps looks tiny and weak, makes some bad reads and inaccurate throws, etc., but he looks the opposite of scared. Not sure what you guys are seeing but he seems remarkably poised in the pocket for a freshman.
                I have agree with woot on this one. Personally I think Heaps is showing some great potential. He has throw some bad passes. I am still scratching my head on that 2nd interception. He has throw some great passes that were right on the money but the receivers are dropping a *lot* of passes in my opinion.
                "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

I agree with you. I think he's somewhat fearless back there which is good and bad.

Comment

Not sure what you guys are seeing but he seems remarkably poised in the pocket for a freshman.
                    Agree. Beck as a freshman/soph used to look scared. Heaps has never looked scared to me yet.

Comment

I think of John Beck when I think of a scared freshman. Still, Heaps and Beck probably aren't that dissimilar; Beck didn't have an OL, and Heaps does. As bad as things are right now, the OL really has done a great job of giving Heaps time.

Comment

Does Pres. Momson's talk today create any awkwardness for Heaps or BYU athletics?
                        “There is a great deal of difference in believing something still, and believing it again.”
                        ― W.H. Auden

"God made the angels to show His splendour - as He made animals for innocence and plants for their simplicity. But men and women He made to serve Him wittily, in the tangle of their minds."
                        -- Robert Bolt, A Man for All Seasons

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
                        --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Comment

Originally posted by The Fourth Nephite View Post
                          I think two years of aging and maturity would do him a world of good.
                          NO!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by LA Ute View Post
                          Does Pres. Momson's talk today create any awkwardness for Heaps or BYU athletics?
                          Hopefully not, since he didn't say anything new. He wasn't talking to heaps or the football program, he's addressing the fact that the missionary force has been down for years

Comment

Given the huge correlation between missions and QB success, he'd be a fool not to consider it precisely for this reason.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacob View Post
                              Hopefully not, since he didn't say anything new. He wasn't talking to heaps or the football program, he's addressing the fact that the missionary force has been down for years
                              I am not trolling, I'm just big on missions. Pres. M. said:

"I repeat what prophets have long taught — that every worthy, able young man should prepare to serve a mission," he said. "Missionary service is a priesthood duty — an obligation the Lord expects of us who have been given so very much."
                              I think Ute players should go too. Didn't hurt Paul Kruger. I know the subject has been beaten to death here, it's just been a while since a president of the church has been this emphatic over the GC pulpit about the subject. (At least I think so.)
                              “There is a great deal of difference in believing something still, and believing it again.”
                              ― W.H. Auden

"God made the angels to show His splendour - as He made animals for innocence and plants for their simplicity. But men and women He made to serve Him wittily, in the tangle of their minds."
                              -- Robert Bolt, A Man for All Seasons

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
                              --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Comment

Working...
                              X