Who does BYU have behind Steven Thomas?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • jay santos
    Senior Member
    • Nov 2008
    • 13652

    #31
    Originally posted by Hot Lunch View Post
    I don't remember seeing Leung- Wai on Saturday. Did he play?

    He didn't play much if any. Bronco mentioned with AFA assignments were more important than talent (not the word he used) and so ALW wouldn't play Saturday but would be back in the rotation against FSU.

    Comment

    • mtnbiker
      it's all a blur
      • Mar 2009
      • 2573

      #32
      Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
      Frazier was awful but the more I think about it and watch certain plays the more I think it was scheme and BYU was not prepared. Our D-ends are crashing inside on every play it is clear that they are taught to this against Air Force. Which leaves the OLB and Safety on an island. The OLBs did not make any plays and we saw what Thomas did.
      The two end-arounds that went for big yardage went right by the DEs (So'oto both times, I think). The DE sucked inside too much, following the apparent run to the other side, and the runner blew right by him. That's the kind of thing that Janimal was so good at: keeping a little depth and not getting suckered too far inside.

      As far as the DesNews pic of the AF tightend going for the ball over Thomas, well, Thomas was just barely turning to look for the ball. He was constantly out of position and 3 steps slow.

      Comment

      • jay santos
        Senior Member
        • Nov 2008
        • 13652

        #33
        Originally posted by mtnbiker View Post
        The two end-arounds that went for big yardage went right by the DEs (So'oto both times, I think). The DE sucked inside too much, following the apparent run to the other side, and the runner blew right by him. That's the kind of thing that Janimal was so good at: keeping a little depth and not getting suckered too far inside.

        As far as the DesNews pic of the AF tightend going for the ball over Thomas, well, Thomas was just barely turning to look for the ball. He was constantly out of position and 3 steps slow.
        I don't know if Bronco's method to defend AFA is different than Schmidt's but our DE's of the past always made big plays against AFA. I definitely didn't notice that Saturday and don't seem to recall it for quite some time.

        Comment

        • jay santos
          Senior Member
          • Nov 2008
          • 13652

          #34
          A thought I had reading this thread and thinking about our options at Safety now and into the future...thank God we're not still putting three safeties on the field.

          Comment

          • SoCalCoug
            Ragnar Lodbrok Descendant
            • Nov 2008
            • 5214

            #35
            From what I can gather over on TBS chat, there's more going on with Van Noy than people realize - I'm convinced that his playing time is entirely within his control (i.e., attitude).

            Immediately after the game, I was firmly on the "Van Noy must play" bandwagon. Right now, however, I have no criticisms of how the coaches are handling Van Noy.
            If we disagree on something, it's because you're wrong.

            "Somebody needs to kill my trial attorney." — Last words of George Harris, executed in Missouri on Sept. 13, 2000.

            "Nothing is too good to be true, nothing is too good to last, nothing is too wonderful to happen." - Florence Scoville Shinn

            Comment

            • Uncle Ted
              The Big 12 money shot.
              • Apr 2010
              • 28853

              #36
              Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
              Linebackers should be:

              OLB- Pendelton
              OLB- Van Noy
              MLB- Ogletree
              MLB- Leung- Wai

              With the first backups being Jorgensen and Stout. Stout has struggled a bit early on but has the skills to be good, same with Jorgensen. Hunter licks.

              OLB first back up I am fine with Frazier he played decent against Washington.
              Ogletree is most likely out with knee injury.
              "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
              "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
              "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
              GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

              Comment

              Working...