No announcement yet.

Non-Conference Scheduling rumors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've been trying to find a smiley we can name after scratch. This captures the concept perfectly but needs some work:

Welcome to the neighborhood, buddy.
    “There is a great deal of difference in believing something still, and believing it again.”
    ― W.H. Auden

"God made the angels to show His splendour - as He made animals for innocence and plants for their simplicity. But men and women He made to serve Him wittily, in the tangle of their minds."
    -- Robert Bolt, A Man for All Seasons

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Comment

• Originally posted by LA Ute View Post
      I've been trying to find a smiley we can name after scratch. This captures the concept perfectly but needs some work:

Welcome to the neighborhood, buddy.
      An invisible smiley. lol.

Scratch LA Ute
      "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
      "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
      "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by Portland Ute View Post
        Do you spend a lot of time driving from Wal-Mart to Wal-Mart to take these notes?
        I get a 10% discount at Walmart. I know my Walmarts well. And I live in Lehi (mostly sorta, kinda) and I used to work in Taylorsville.

Damn I need to go to sleep. I have a freaking 6:30 am meeting tomorrow. I hate my boss...

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
          An invisible smiley. lol.

Scratch LA Ute
          I can see it. What's wrong with you?

I wanted a smiley rolling a hand grenade into a room, but couldn't find one.

Maybe something like this:

Last edited by LA Ute; 01-15-2013, 10:29 PM.
          “There is a great deal of difference in believing something still, and believing it again.”
          ― W.H. Auden

"God made the angels to show His splendour - as He made animals for innocence and plants for their simplicity. But men and women He made to serve Him wittily, in the tangle of their minds."

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."

Comment

• Originally posted by Jarid in Cedar View Post
            Your facts are half correct. There is pressure on Utah's athletic department to put the Holy War on hold, but it is not from the PAC-12. It is from higher up in the administration at the University. And I can assure you that my two sources on the topic absolutely trump anything you think you have.
            Fair enough. I respect your input. I'll just add that I'm not the only one that has heard this, and I've talked to other people with very good Utah connections who confirm it.

But, I also understand situations are complex and there are usually more than two sides to every story.

Comment

Your facts are half correct. There is pressure on Utah's athletic department to put the Holy War on hold, but it is not from the PAC-12. It is from higher up in the administration at the University. And I can assure you that my two sources on the topic absolutely trump anything you think you have.
              The Brethren need to butt out!
              "Nobody listens to Turtle."
              -Turtle
              sigpic

Comment

I should also add that the motivation has very little to do with marginalizing BYU. Much of you(or your sources) interpretation of the facts are spun to help BYU play the victim card.
                JIC speaks the truth.
                ― W.H. Auden

Comment

JIC speaks the truth.
                  Why wouldn't Utah want to marginalize BYU?

If the word is they don't want to do that why do they not want to play BYU? I am interested in the real reasons if you are privy to them.
                  Do Your Damnedest In An Ostentatious Manner All The Time!
                  -General George S. Patton

I'm choosing to mostly ignore your fatuity here and instead overwhelm you with so much data that you'll maybe, just maybe, realize that you have reams to read on this subject before you can contribute meaningfully to any conversation on this topic.
                  -DOCTOR Wuap

Comment

• Originally posted by Goatnapper'96 View Post

Duh, because the folks on the hill with any intelligence at all realize if they marginalize BYU they will lose the spiritual and financial support of good mormons everywhere.

Comment

• Originally posted by byu71 View Post
                      Duh, because the folks on the hill with any intelligence at all realize if they marginalize BYU they will lose the spiritual and financial support of good mormons everywhere.
                      That's why they have to spin it and get guys like JIC to unwittingly do their PR for them.

Comment

• The Ute fans need to butt the hell out. They're killing this thread.
                        Everything in life is an approximation.

http://twitter.com/CougarStats

Comment

• Originally posted by Indy Coug View Post
                          The Ute fans need to butt the hell out. They're killing this thread.
                          It's an odd obsession to be sure.
                          "Either evolution or intelligent design can account for the athlete, but neither can account for the sports fan." - Robert Brault

"Once I seen the trades go down and the other guys signed elsewhere," he said, "I knew it was my time now." - Derrick Favors

Comment

• Originally posted by Goatnapper'96 View Post

If the word is they don't want to do that why do they not want to play BYU? I am interested in the real reasons if you are privy to them.
                            I'd tell you but Indy just banished me from this thread.
                            ― W.H. Auden

Comment

Damn straight.
                              Everything in life is an approximation.

http://twitter.com/CougarStats

Comment

Like he speaks for all of us BYU fans.

Comment

Working...
                                X