Holy War 2025: let's go jihad-y on their bodies; on Yormark's, get set, and let's go!

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Goatnapper'96
    Senior Member
    • Nov 2008
    • 10924

    #301
    I am convinced that if Kyle had to choose between BYU and Utah today vs 2004- he would pick BYU. It is all cyclical but for the first time in a real long time I think the landscape of college football bends towards BYU over U of U. The destruction of west coast football programs is a huge boon to BYU vis-a-vis Utah. As the culture at public universities gets crazier and crazier and more and more removed from US cultural normies-the LDS Church leadership is salivating at the opportunity to present the Mormon owned University as a bastion of sanity and normality. Ergo, they have unleashed the financial resources of crazy billionaires willing to spend unseemly amounts of money to buy players or celebrations (how much do you think BYU overearned on donations paying for the fan celebration Saturday evening? You had to know the folks who get donation commitments from the beautiful people were watching the phones buzz with texts once the PA announcer asked the fans to stay off the field.) because they are loving the opportunity for BYU to get that positive exposure they love so much.
    Do Your Damnedest In An Ostentatious Manner All The Time!
    -General George S. Patton

    I'm choosing to mostly ignore your fatuity here and instead overwhelm you with so much data that you'll maybe, just maybe, realize that you have reams to read on this subject before you can contribute meaningfully to any conversation on this topic.
    -DOCTOR Wuap

    Comment

    • falafel
      loves to talk on things
      • Mar 2009
      • 37996

      #302
      Originally posted by wally View Post

      Ouch. Kicking us while we're down? I will turn the other cheek. Clearly Mrs. falafel isn't putting out.
      Ha! You don't know how right you are!!
      Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

      Dig your own grave, and save!

      "The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

      "I know that you are one of the cool and 'edgy' BYU fans" -- Wally

      GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

      Comment

      • falafel
        loves to talk on things
        • Mar 2009
        • 37996

        #303
        Originally posted by Shaka View Post
        I'd settle for Il Pad.
        what we can do is ipad.
        Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

        Dig your own grave, and save!

        "The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

        "I know that you are one of the cool and 'edgy' BYU fans" -- Wally

        GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

        Comment

        • The_Tick
          Made something of myself
          • Nov 2008
          • 7297

          #304
          The Cut is just pure cinema man. I love that thing.

          Comment

          • Omaha 680
            Senior Member
            • Jul 2011
            • 11183

            #305
            Originally posted by The_Tick View Post
            The Cut is just pure cinema man. I love that thing.
            It's great. I saw Utah is toying with a pretty crappy imitation now. Kind of like their football program. Zing!

            Comment

            • Jeff Lebowski
              Corporate lackey for Jesus
              • Nov 2008
              • 69742

              #306
              Originally posted by The_Tick View Post
              The Cut is just pure cinema man. I love that thing.
              This one was so good.
              "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
              "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
              "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

              Comment

              • Donuthole
                Official Outgayer
                • Nov 2008
                • 25273

                #307
                Maybe the best one yet. That cover of Bad Moon Rising was :chef'sKiss:
                Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

                There's three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who's got the same first name as a city; and never go near a lady's got a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

                Comment

                • Green Monstah
                  Royal Rooter
                  • Aug 2010
                  • 13973

                  #308
                  Originally posted by Omaha 680 View Post

                  It's great. I saw Utah is toying with a pretty crappy imitation now. Kind of like their football program. Zing!
                  Do they call it the stab?
                  Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

                  "Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

                  Comment

                  • Donuthole
                    Official Outgayer
                    • Nov 2008
                    • 25273

                    #309
                    Originally posted by Green Monstah View Post

                    Do they call it the stab?
                    It should be called The Slice, because it is basically the golf-shot equivalent of that. Compared to the cut--arguably the preferred shot-shape in all of golf. #nerdalert
                    Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

                    There's three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who's got the same first name as a city; and never go near a lady's got a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

                    Comment

                    • myboynoah
                      Senior Member
                      • Nov 2008
                      • 21719

                      #310
                      Originally posted by Omaha 680 View Post

                      It's great. I saw Utah is toying with a pretty crappy imitation now. Kind of like their football program. Zing!
                      Well, they lost the game, so prime uofutah promotional material.
                      Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

                      For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

                      Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

                      Comment

                      • Pelado
                        Bald not naked
                        • Sep 2010
                        • 21149

                        #311
                        Originally posted by myboynoah View Post

                        Well, they lost the game, so prime uofutah promotional material.
                        "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                        - Goatnapper'96

                        Comment

                        • Green Monstah
                          Royal Rooter
                          • Aug 2010
                          • 13973

                          #312
                          I rewatched highlights. LJ between the tackles. Dang. Between that and his pass protection, he has been reliable this season.
                          Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

                          "Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

                          Comment

                          • Joe Public
                            8.1 YPC
                            • Apr 2011
                            • 8533

                            #313
                            Originally posted by Green Monstah View Post
                            I rewatched highlights. LJ between the tackles. Dang. Between that and his pass protection, he has been reliable this season.
                            He’s been great, and the 1-2 punch with Bear, especially between the tackles, has been huge for the offense.

                            Also, a hat tip to Coach Woods. The OL lost 3 of 5 starters, and he has this year’s line playing really well, playing to the whistle, etc.
                            "What are you prepared to do?" - Jimmy Malone

                            "What choice?" - Abe Petrovsky

                            Comment

                            • Green Monstah
                              Royal Rooter
                              • Aug 2010
                              • 13973

                              #314
                              Originally posted by Joe Public View Post

                              He’s been great, and the 1-2 punch with Bear, especially between the tackles, has been huge for the offense.

                              Also, a hat tip to Coach Woods. The OL lost 3 of 5 starters, and he has this year’s line playing really well, playing to the whistle, etc.
                              Interior line playing better than last year, IMO.
                              Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

                              "Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

                              Comment

                              • Jeff Lebowski
                                Corporate lackey for Jesus
                                • Nov 2008
                                • 69742

                                #315
                                I am going to have reconsider my opinion of Crumbl executives. Clearly, they aren't all bad.

                                "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                                "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                                "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

                                Comment

                                Working...