Saturday Night Special: Kansas State vs. Brigham Young

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Donuthole
    Official Outgayer
    • Nov 2008
    • 25268

    #106
    We are a very generous people after a win. Dr. Botts is a lucky man. If BYU had lost, he'd be staring at about $10k max. lol
    Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

    There's three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who's got the same first name as a city; and never go near a lady's got a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

    Comment

    • Jeff Lebowski
      Corporate lackey for Jesus
      • Nov 2008
      • 69703

      #107
      Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
      We are a very generous people after a win. Dr. Botts is a lucky man. If BYU had lost, he'd be staring at about $10k max. lol
      Lol. Probably true.
      "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
      "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
      "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

      Comment

      • beefytee
        Board eye candy
        • Mar 2009
        • 7542

        #108
        Some great analysis and commentary on the Kingston punt return.

        Comment

        • falafel
          loves to talk on things
          • Mar 2009
          • 37986

          #109
          Originally posted by beefytee View Post
          Some great analysis and commentary on the Kingston punt return.

          that was so good. Love when he does the reactions of fans. "oooohhh my gosh.. what???"
          Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

          Dig your own grave, and save!

          "The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

          "I know that you are one of the cool and 'edgy' BYU fans" -- Wally

          GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

          Comment

          • PaloAltoCougar
            Semper infra dignitatem
            • Nov 2008
            • 16936

            #110
            Sorry if this was already linked, but the program's video about the game is a lot of fun to watch from start-to-finish. Truly a game for the ages. Wish I'd been there.

            Comment

            • YOhio
              Hipster Mode
              • Nov 2008
              • 26165

              #111
              Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
              Sorry if this was already linked, but the program's video about the game is a lot of fun to watch from start-to-finish. Truly a game for the ages. Wish I'd been there.
              I love those videos. They remind me of the old days on Cougarboard when we didn't have on demand access to highlights. Furious Monkey or someone with access to MTN would make a highlight video with some crappy early-oughts emo-punk band. The inevitable complaining about the music was almost as fun as the highlights themselves. The Cut videos by BYU football are a good expansion of that tradition. They're usually a bit hyper dramatic, but that's part of what makes them fun. The vid you linked to was pretty special. For whatever reason this game feels a bit different. Like it *could* be a program defining win. It wasn't a dominating win in the traditional sense. A *lot* of breaks went our way. K-State was probably a bit overranked and controlled most of the first half. But our boys took advantage of the opponents mistakes. We scored touchdowns off of turnovers. Once we got the lead we kept it and grew it. We kept our foot on their throat. We didn't make stupid mistakes or commit dumb penalties. That kind of discipline is so difficult in such a charged environment. It was a statement game to the Big12 and the college football world. The video did a great job capturing that sense.

              Of course every BYU fan has that awful feeling in our stomach. Huge win. Media attention. Everybody throwing compliments our way and we're nationally ranked. After an emotional win under the lights we're faced with an even bigger test. We've shown we can match up with better ranked teams when circumstances are in our favor. Now we hit the road for an early daytime game against a struggling opponent in a relatively dull atmosphere. We've seen it before and it makes me nervous. Kind of a perfect recipe for a BYU letdown. This team feels a bit different, though. I hope they are.

              Comment

              • Bo Diddley
                Senior
                • Jul 2012
                • 18790

                #112
                Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
                Sorry if this was already linked, but the program's video about the game is a lot of fun to watch from start-to-finish. Truly a game for the ages. Wish I'd been there.
                Thanks. That was fun. Instant classic.

                Comment

                • LVAllen
                  Senior Member
                  • Oct 2013
                  • 3272

                  #113
                  Originally posted by beefytee View Post
                  Some great analysis and commentary on the Kingston punt return.

                  Love Jomboy.

                  Comment

                  • PaloAltoCougar
                    Semper infra dignitatem
                    • Nov 2008
                    • 16936

                    #114
                    Originally posted by YOhio View Post

                    I love those videos. They remind me of the old days on Cougarboard when we didn't have on demand access to highlights. Furious Monkey or someone with access to MTN would make a highlight video with some crappy early-oughts emo-punk band. The inevitable complaining about the music was almost as fun as the highlights themselves. The Cut videos by BYU football are a good expansion of that tradition. They're usually a bit hyper dramatic, but that's part of what makes them fun. The vid you linked to was pretty special. For whatever reason this game feels a bit different. Like it *could* be a program defining win. It wasn't a dominating win in the traditional sense. A *lot* of breaks went our way. K-State was probably a bit overranked and controlled most of the first half. But our boys took advantage of the opponents mistakes. We scored touchdowns off of turnovers. Once we got the lead we kept it and grew it. We kept our foot on their throat. We didn't make stupid mistakes or commit dumb penalties. That kind of discipline is so difficult in such a charged environment. It was a statement game to the Big12 and the college football world. The video did a great job capturing that sense.

                    Of course every BYU fan has that awful feeling in our stomach. Huge win. Media attention. Everybody throwing compliments our way and we're nationally ranked. After an emotional win under the lights we're faced with an even bigger test. We've shown we can match up with better ranked teams when circumstances are in our favor. Now we hit the road for an early daytime game against a struggling opponent in a relatively dull atmosphere. We've seen it before and it makes me nervous. Kind of a perfect recipe for a BYU letdown. This team feels a bit different, though. I hope they are.
                    I've thought about that the past few days and, perhaps because of the places I've been recently, am taking more of a zen, live-in-the-moment, attitude. This is a wonderful high we're enjoying. Of course it won't last (quoth Patton, "All Glory is Fleeting"), but whether it ends quickly or later, so what? Don't let the inevitable ebb diminish the current flow. How great it is to have that feeling, however fleeting. And even though this high will end, there will be still more to come, both on the field and on the court.

                    Comment

                    • YOhio
                      Hipster Mode
                      • Nov 2008
                      • 26165

                      #115
                      Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post

                      I've thought about that the past few days and, perhaps because of the places I've been recently, am taking more of a zen, live-in-the-moment, attitude. This is a wonderful high we're enjoying. Of course it won't last (quoth Patton, "All Glory is Fleeting"), but whether it ends quickly or later, so what? Don't let the inevitable ebb diminish the current flow. How great it is to have that feeling, however fleeting. And even though this high will end, there will be still more to come, both on the field and on the court.
                      Love it.

                      Comment

                      • Jeff Lebowski
                        Corporate lackey for Jesus
                        • Nov 2008
                        • 69703

                        #116
                        Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post

                        I've thought about that the past few days and, perhaps because of the places I've been recently, am taking more of a zen, live-in-the-moment, attitude. This is a wonderful high we're enjoying. Of course it won't last (quoth Patton, "All Glory is Fleeting"), but whether it ends quickly or later, so what? Don't let the inevitable ebb diminish the current flow. How great it is to have that feeling, however fleeting. And even though this high will end, there will be still more to come, both on the field and on the court.


                        This is how I try to live. Enjoy the moment.
                        "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                        "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                        "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

                        Comment

                        • Pelado
                          Bald not naked
                          • Sep 2010
                          • 21141

                          #117
                          Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
                          Sorry if this was already linked, but the program's video about the game is a lot of fun to watch from start-to-finish. Truly a game for the ages. Wish I'd been there.
                          Awesome.

                          Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post

                          I've thought about that the past few days and, perhaps because of the places I've been recently, am taking more of a zen, live-in-the-moment, attitude. This is a wonderful high we're enjoying. Of course it won't last (quoth Patton, "All Glory is Fleeting"), but whether it ends quickly or later, so what? Don't let the inevitable ebb diminish the current flow. How great it is to have that feeling, however fleeting. And even though this high will end, there will be still more to come, both on the field and on the court.
                          Beautiful.
                          "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                          - Goatnapper'96

                          Comment

                          • Jeff Lebowski
                            Corporate lackey for Jesus
                            • Nov 2008
                            • 69703

                            #118
                            Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post

                            $32,000 now and climbing.
                            $43,000.

                            They should feature this at every game they play. Challenge the other fanbases to step up.
                            "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                            "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                            "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

                            Comment

                            • SteelBlue
                              Senior Member
                              • Nov 2008
                              • 8189

                              #119


                              Jomboy with an entertaining breakdown of the punt return. Didn’t realize how many KSU guys tackled themselves.

                              Comment

                              • UVACoug
                                Senior Member
                                • Mar 2013
                                • 2685

                                #120
                                Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
                                Sorry if this was already linked, but the program's video about the game is a lot of fun to watch from start-to-finish. Truly a game for the ages. Wish I'd been there.
                                Love that they put the Taco Bell promo in there.

                                Comment

                                Working...