"Climbing is easier than hanging on" - Duck football

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • HuskyFreeNorthwest
    Time to camp
    • Nov 2008
    • 26082

    #256
    The Duck is on Jimmy Fallon tonight. Enjoy!

    Visit the official website for The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon, broadcast live from Rockefeller Center in New York. Weeknights 11:35/10:35c on NBC .
    Last edited by HuskyFreeNorthwest; 01-05-2011, 11:17 PM.
    Get confident, stupid
    -landpoke

    Comment

    • HuskyFreeNorthwest
      Time to camp
      • Nov 2008
      • 26082

      #257


      Rivals is the best resource for recruiting and high school sports. Find all of your favorite team's information or browse our advanced player database.


      Ticket prices for this game are perhaps the most expensive of any game in the history of college football. The stories circulating on local sports radio and message boards are that brokers and services such as StubHub have sold tickets to prime clients that they don't yet have.

      Based on one ad in I saw I am starting to find it hard to justify not leaving the kids at home and using the ticket money to pay for a year of community college. I have had to keep ldc away from the info as 2 weeks ago when prices were half what they are now she thought we should sell and just stay home.
      Get confident, stupid
      -landpoke

      Comment

      • Art Vandelay
        Striving for mediocrity
        • Jul 2009
        • 10516

        #258
        Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
        http://www.businessinsider.com/stubh...-demand-2011-1

        Rivals is the best resource for recruiting and high school sports. Find all of your favorite team's information or browse our advanced player database.


        Ticket prices for this game are perhaps the most expensive of any game in the history of college football. The stories circulating on local sports radio and message boards are that brokers and services such as StubHub have sold tickets to prime clients that they don't yet have.

        Based on one ad in I saw I am starting to find it hard to justify not leaving the kids at home and using the ticket money to pay for a year of community college. I have had to keep ldc away from the info as 2 weeks ago when prices were half what they are now she thought we should sell and just stay home.
        See if Cam can get you some tickets. He seems to have found a pretty good deal for courtside Lakers-Suns seats.. Dude has turned into Marlo from The Wire, he has no respect for the law (NCAA) and doesn't try and hide it anymore.

        Comment

        • HuskyFreeNorthwest
          Time to camp
          • Nov 2008
          • 26082

          #259
          Originally posted by Art Vandelay View Post
          See if Cam can get you some tickets. He seems to have found a pretty good deal for courtside Lakers-Suns seats.. Dude has turned into Marlo from The Wire, he has no respect for the law (NCAA) and doesn't try and hide it anymore.
          The Ducks were also at the game last night.
          Get confident, stupid
          -landpoke

          Comment

          • Art Vandelay
            Striving for mediocrity
            • Jul 2009
            • 10516

            #260
            Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
            The Ducks were also at the game last night.
            So you are saying both teams cheat and are corrupt? I suspected as much, but it is good to have a booster acknowledge the fact.

            Comment

            • TripletDaddy
              sweet triple
              • Nov 2008
              • 58186

              #261
              Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
              http://www.businessinsider.com/stubh...-demand-2011-1

              Rivals is the best resource for recruiting and high school sports. Find all of your favorite team's information or browse our advanced player database.


              Ticket prices for this game are perhaps the most expensive of any game in the history of college football. The stories circulating on local sports radio and message boards are that brokers and services such as StubHub have sold tickets to prime clients that they don't yet have.

              Based on one ad in I saw I am starting to find it hard to justify not leaving the kids at home and using the ticket money to pay for a year of community college. I have had to keep ldc away from the info as 2 weeks ago when prices were half what they are now she thought we should sell and just stay home.
              High ticket prices make sense since the face value of the tickets keep going up most years. Rose Bowl tickets 10 years ago cost $80. Now they cost $135.

              Like any other event, there will be tickets for sale on the day of the game just outside the stadium. If I were you, I would definitely sell high now. That is a sucker bet.
              Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

              sigpic

              Comment

              • HuskyFreeNorthwest
                Time to camp
                • Nov 2008
                • 26082

                #262
                Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
                High ticket prices make sense since the face value of the tickets keep going up most years. Rose Bowl tickets 10 years ago cost $80. Now they cost $135.

                Like any other event, there will be tickets for sale on the day of the game just outside the stadium. If I were you, I would definitely sell high now. That is a sucker bet.
                I'm not selling.
                Get confident, stupid
                -landpoke

                Comment

                • MartyFunkhouser
                  Disciple of RNGesus
                  • Nov 2008
                  • 18754

                  #263
                  Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
                  I'm not selling.
                  Perhaps I can persuade you to sell for double face value of the ticket. I doubt you will get a better deal.
                  As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
                  --Kendrick Lamar

                  Comment

                  • Babs
                    Not a Lawyer
                    • Nov 2008
                    • 17128

                    #264
                    Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
                    High ticket prices make sense since the face value of the tickets keep going up most years. Rose Bowl tickets 10 years ago cost $80. Now they cost $135.
                    The Rose Bowl is also a larger venue. I can't imagine what prices would have been if the RB seated 60,000.

                    Comment

                    • Babs
                      Not a Lawyer
                      • Nov 2008
                      • 17128

                      #265
                      I am jealous, btw. I think I'm the only one that's never been to any bowl game.

                      I spent our natl title game (the one we won) stranded with my in-laws, who are maddeningly ignorant of college football and who, when I tried to explain the magnitude BCS NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP, replied with, "yeah, the U of Montana won that last year."

                      Comment

                      • TripletDaddy
                        sweet triple
                        • Nov 2008
                        • 58186

                        #266
                        Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
                        I'm not selling.
                        You will regret it. If those articles you linked are accurate, you could make more than 10x what you paid. Wait until 30 minutes before kickoff and buy tickets for way less than that. Your entire trip would be free.

                        Trust me. Remember the Rose Bowl tickets?
                        Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

                        sigpic

                        Comment

                        • USUC
                          Chronic Poseur
                          • Apr 2010
                          • 8795

                          #267
                          Darron Thomas calls Auburn's Nick Fairley dirty.

                          [ame="http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/bowls10/news/story?id=5995808"]Oregon QB Darron Thomas says Auburn's Nick Fairley deserves dirty rap - ESPN[/ame]

                          I think this is actually a smart move to have this said in the media. Fairley, in my opinion, does toe the line of dirty play when it comes to QBs. The stuff he did to the Georgia QB in particular warranted some disciplinary action. I think Oregon is smart to make the issue salient.
                          Last edited by USUC; 01-06-2011, 03:28 PM.

                          Comment

                          • Paperback Writer
                            Signature won a Pulitzer
                            • Nov 2010
                            • 5211

                            #268
                            Originally posted by Babs View Post
                            I am jealous, btw. I think I'm the only one that's never been to any bowl game.

                            I spent our natl title game (the one we won) stranded with my in-laws, who are maddeningly ignorant of college football and who, when I tried to explain the magnitude BCS NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP, replied with, "yeah, the U of Montana won that last year."
                            I realize that it was pre-BCS but the Orange Bowl after the 1985 season would have to be considered a national title game for the Sooners (OU 25 PSU 10). Just reading the "our natl title game" one might think the Sooners only have 1 national championship when the Sooners have over a half dozen (7). Like you would need any reminding of this but others may.
                            “Not the victory but the action. Not the goal but the game. In the deed the glory.”
                            "All things are measured against Nebraska." falafel

                            Comment

                            • MartyFunkhouser
                              Disciple of RNGesus
                              • Nov 2008
                              • 18754

                              #269
                              Originally posted by USU Coug View Post
                              Darron Thomas calls Auburn's Nick Fairley dirty.

                              Oregon QB Darron Thomas says Auburn's Nick Fairley deserves dirty rap - ESPN

                              I think this is actually a smart move to have this said in the media. Fairley, in my opinion, does toe the line of dirty play when it comes to QBs. The stuff he did to the Georgia QB in particular warranted some disciplinary action. I think Oregon is smart to make the issue salient.
                              Thomas is definitely right, Nick Fairley is a dirty player. The spearing on the Georgia QB was pretty blatant, although the helmet to his knee wasn't intentional. Fairley is going to be paying a lot of fines in the NFL.
                              As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
                              --Kendrick Lamar

                              Comment

                              • TripletDaddy
                                sweet triple
                                • Nov 2008
                                • 58186

                                #270
                                Originally posted by Paperback Writer View Post
                                I realize that it was pre-BCS but the Orange Bowl after the 1985 season would have to be considered a national title game for the Sooners (OU 25 PSU 10). Just reading the "our natl title game" one might think the Sooners only have 1 national championship when the Sooners have over a half dozen (7). Like you would need any reminding of this but others may.
                                7? lol. I forgot that they only had 7.
                                Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

                                sigpic

                                Comment

                                Working...