No announcement yet.

The Heaps phenomenon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

G-Man said KVN gets better with ever practive and really look good today.
    So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

Comment

Originally posted by hostile View Post
      I usually follow the 3N but haven't had much time this year. I keep petitioning Comcast to get the Fox international sports channel but it hasn't happened yet in SLC. I have to get my younger brother to videotape games off his satellite.
      I watched last year before DirecTV dropped Setanta. Alas, now I am relegated to watching highlights on youtube.

Comment

Originally posted by MarkGrace View Post
        G-Man said KVN gets better with ever practive and really look good today.
        Is he starting to hustle?
        "Take it to the Bank"

Comment

Originally posted by PolyCougar View Post
          Ha, still diggin your style though man. I'm probably the worst at trolling their could be. But yeah man, I really only follow Tonga and some of my favorite players. There's a Tongan kid, that's hard core LDS that I've been keeping my eye on, that's playing in Australia... A 6'5" 250 pound Center with a $4.2 million dollar contract, and he's only 21. I want him to quit saying he'll play for Tonga and actually do it. Isreal Folau is his name, granted he just switched to Aussie rules so... eh. But I'm in Hostiles boat, it'd be a lot easier to follow any of this if Comcast'd give us some rugby.

But I mostly hang with the local Rugby scene in Utah, which can be a who's who of great local College players in attendance. From the Kemoeatu's and Fahu Tahi, to Reno Mahe sporting an awesome new beard. Granted going is like putting your life on the line lately. At the Tongan tournament in Murray two weeks ago, some gang bangers came out guns a blazing in the parking lot, and in Provo last weekend (hosted by my boys the "Steelers") the championship game was forfeited after both sidelines and fans rushed the field in a brawl that, from my point of view, looked like a scene straight out of Braveheart. The police just watched from the sidelines and waited for it all to cool down, which I don't blame them at all.
          I played on the Utah team about 9-10 years ago. Tevita Kemoeatu practiced a little with us (I'm not sure he was supposed to be while on the football team...), he can hit pretty hard.

Also once during an alumni scrimmage, I whiffed on a tackle of former mayoral candidate Maloni Hola, thinking that since he was older guy I aught to take it easy on him. I guess I was wrong.

I need to make it out to more of the local Utah Rugby games.

Comment

Originally posted by wally View Post
            I played on the Utah team about 9-10 years ago. Tevita Kemoeatu practiced a little with us (I'm not sure he was supposed to be while on the football team...), he can hit pretty hard.

Also once during an alumni scrimmage, I whiffed on a tackle of former mayoral candidate Maloni Hola, thinking that since he was older guy I aught to take it easy on him. I guess I was wrong.

Tevita is the younger of Ma'ake and older brother of Chris. Tevita didn't play football until he got up to the U. I believe he spent most of his time growing up in Tonga and not in Hawaii like his brothers.
            "Take it to the Bank"

Comment

Originally posted by Hot Lunch View Post
              Is he starting to hustle?
              My impression of the comment was that part of getting better each day involved doing more of what the coaches want.
              So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

Comment

Originally posted by wally View Post

You played at the "U"? Their legit, and looked pretty good this year. For real man the local scene is pretty fun... there are some good ones in Salt Lake now, and the tournaments are a blast... sometimes literally. Provo Steelers still dominate, and keep sending players to play with the U.S. National Team. I think 4 Steelers are with them right now. I know 2 Steelers started for the US in the last World Cup.

It's funny who you'll see at those tournaments. But I never got a chance to hit a Politician, that'd been cool. When Manase Tonga was suspended from the "Y" he ran with the Steelers... dude could hit like a truck.

Comment

Working...
                X