The Independent Expansion Groundswell

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • old_gregg
    scaly man fish
    • Nov 2009
    • 16915

    #1066
    Originally posted by ERCougar View Post
    Confirmed...
    Wow.
    i wonder why this guy is calling himself a hacker when he probably just guessed that their password was "ESPNAustin." He sure h4x04r3d 7h3 m41nfr4m3!
    Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

    Comment

    • 1337coug
      Junior Member
      • Oct 2009
      • 578

      #1067
      Originally posted by camleish View Post
      i wonder why this guy is calling himself a hacker when he probably just guessed that their password was "ESPNAustin." He sure h4x04r3d 7h3 m41nfr4m3!
      Seriously, that stuff drives me crazy.

      Comment

      • ewth8tr
        Reverend of Irreverence
        • Nov 2008
        • 2347

        #1068
        Originally posted by falafel View Post
        Yep. This is the next tweet:



        Honestly, I can't see the benefit of mentioning webmonkey.
        I'm curious if there are any legal actions someone could take against a person who hacked their account.
        "I don't mind giving the church 10% of my earnings, but 50% of my weekend mornings? Not as long as DirecTV NFL Sunday Ticket is around." - Daniel Tosh

        Comment

        • LA Ute
          Receiver of Memory
          • Nov 2008
          • 19512

          #1069
          Originally posted by ewth8tr View Post
          I'm curious if there are any legal actions someone could take against a person who hacked their account.
          I'm pretty sure there are, especially if someone gets defamed or there is some financial loss or other injury resulting from it. Don't know about criminal penalties.
          “There is a great deal of difference in believing something still, and believing it again.”
          ― W.H. Auden


          "God made the angels to show His splendour - as He made animals for innocence and plants for their simplicity. But men and women He made to serve Him wittily, in the tangle of their minds."
          -- Robert Bolt, A Man for All Seasons


          "It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
          --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

          Comment

          • Uncle Ted
            The Big 12 money shot.
            • Apr 2010
            • 28853

            #1070
            Originally posted by ewth8tr View Post
            I'm curious if there are any legal actions someone could take against a person who hacked their account.
            Ask the guy that hacked Palin's email account.
            "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
            "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
            "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
            GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

            Comment

            • U-Ute
              Non member
              • Aug 2009
              • 2071

              #1071
              Originally posted by Flystripper View Post
              I don't have a problem with RUTS and I don't have a problem with opposing coaches giving teams the finger for doing it...just so you know where I stand. I just think it is a tad ironic to point out WYO's lack of class when it was in response to an equally classy decision by the Utes.
              To put a bow on this, my post wasn't meant to point out some lack of class. I thought it was hilarious myself. Not many coaches would have the cajones to throw it out there like that. I thought it was rather endearing, which is obviously why all the love for Wyoming.

              Comment

              • jay santos
                Senior Member
                • Nov 2008
                • 13652

                #1072
                I just read this.



                wow

                Comment

                • old_gregg
                  scaly man fish
                  • Nov 2009
                  • 16915

                  #1073
                  Originally posted by U-Ute View Post
                  To put a bow on this, my post wasn't meant to point out some lack of class. I thought it was hilarious myself. Not many coaches would have the cajones to throw it out there like that. I thought it was rather endearing, which is obviously why all the love for Wyoming.
                  And, he had an honest and sincere apology after the game. It was a dick move by K.Whit, but that's a whole other thread
                  Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

                  Comment

                  • old_gregg
                    scaly man fish
                    • Nov 2009
                    • 16915

                    #1074
                    Originally posted by jay santos View Post
                    wow, utah state getting absolutely screwed. i wonder if they have any civil claim in addition to the wac's pending litigation as a result.
                    Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

                    Comment

                    • U-Ute
                      Non member
                      • Aug 2009
                      • 2071

                      #1075
                      Originally posted by YOhio View Post
                      And millions upon billions of dollars left on the table by the Cougs.
                      We have established that it is, in fact, Gazillions. Keep up man.

                      Comment

                      • ERCougar
                        Junior Member
                        • Nov 2008
                        • 10978

                        #1076
                        Originally posted by jay santos View Post
                        When the possibility of BYU leaving became known, MWC leadership contacted three WAC members inquiring about their interest in joining the MWC. Utah State was the first of these three contacts.

                        At the point in time when Utah State was contacted by the MWC we had a binding agreement with the WAC and were well positioned with nine members, which included BYU. We were simply committed to uphold our agreement with fellow WAC members. We respectfully declined MWC interest and believed all WAC members would remain committed to our agreement.
                        Wow again.
                        At least the Big Ten went after a big-time addition in Nebraska; the Pac-10 wanted a game so badly, it added Utah
                        -Berry Trammel, 12/3/10

                        Comment

                        • U-Ute
                          Non member
                          • Aug 2009
                          • 2071

                          #1077
                          Originally posted by jay santos View Post
                          Adding Nevada and Fresno is brilliant for the MWC. It kills the WAC, raises the competition level, and screws up BYU's decision to leave. For any institution in the MWC not named BYU it's the perfect move.
                          Yes, it appears that the only decent move ever made by Hair Thompson totally screwed over BYU.

                          Comment

                          • U-Ute
                            Non member
                            • Aug 2009
                            • 2071

                            #1078
                            Originally posted by falafel View Post
                            Didn't anyone wake Holtz up from his summer hibernation? The PAC already held its expansion party.
                            The proper phrase is reanimate.

                            This is the same guy that predicts Notre Dame to win the national championship every year.

                            Comment

                            • SloanHater
                              Banned
                              • Feb 2009
                              • 1348

                              #1079
                              Does Holmoe keep his job after this disaster?

                              Comment

                              • jay santos
                                Senior Member
                                • Nov 2008
                                • 13652

                                #1080
                                Originally posted by SloanHater View Post
                                Does Holmoe keep his job after this disaster?
                                You're not familiar with BYU are you? Holmoe's job is to give an Education Week class while the big boys are making deals. He gets an email every now and then to keep him informed.

                                Comment

                                Working...