Good Riddance

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • All-American
    Right, as Usual
    • Nov 2008
    • 15680

    #16
    The rivalry is great. The more heated and bitter, the better.
    τὸν ἥλιον ἀνατέλλοντα πλείονες ἢ δυόμενον προσκυνοῦσιν

    Comment

    • SeattleUte
      Faith crisis consultant
      • Nov 2008
      • 20837

      #17
      Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
      Cough cough.

      When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

      --Jonathan Swift

      Comment

      • Ma'ake
        Junior Member
        • Nov 2009
        • 193

        #18
        If the rivalry skips a year in 2011 it wouldn't be a bad thing. Too much bitterness.

        If Utah beat BYU this year, Cougar Nation will force Holmoe to capitulate to the 2-for-1 offer, if Hill decides to be hardnosed in negotiations. They'll be bawling in fluent Babylonian for a rematch, ASAFP. As bad as this summer has been, they'll be in a torture chamber for two years waiting for a chance at redemption.

        Utah stands to gain far less than BYU in playing the rivalry game. BYU gets to beat up the Lobos, CSU and UNLV, not to mention SDSU and Wyoming. Utah has to play the PAC schedule.

        Comment

        • il Padrino Ute
          Junior Member
          • Nov 2008
          • 19161

          #19
          Originally posted by SeattleUte View Post
          Any reason you didn't mention the LDS folks on the Utah side in your post? There are probably more Mormons than atheists, you know.
          "Socialism is a philosophy of failure, the creed of ignorance and the gospel of envy; its inherent virtue is the equal sharing of misery." - Winston Churchill


          "I only know what I hear on the news." - Dear Leader

          Comment

          • Donuthole
            Official Outgayer
            • Nov 2008
            • 25278

            #20
            Originally posted by SeattleUte View Post
            That is an interesting post. You make a conclusion (BYU needs the rivalry more than Utah, now) and then you fail to provide any reasoning or logic in support of your conclusion. As would be expected by a thread-starting post which provides no meat, the thread quickly devolved into a "When did the rivalry start?" discussion, before dying a quick death.
            Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

            There's three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who's got the same first name as a city; and never go near a lady's got a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

            Comment

            • All-American
              Right, as Usual
              • Nov 2008
              • 15680

              #21
              "Oh, it's just soo bitter! Why the hate?" Aw, you're all a bunch of pussies. You HATE your rival. Anybody in the country knows this. You want to DESTROY them. The only regret that I have about ripping out Utah's still beating heart and shoving it in their faces so they could see how black it was before they died in three of the last four years was the fact that we allowed them to retain a shred of dignity since they fought hard to the finish.
              τὸν ἥλιον ἀνατέλλοντα πλείονες ἢ δυόμενον προσκυνοῦσιν

              Comment

              • il Padrino Ute
                Junior Member
                • Nov 2008
                • 19161

                #22
                Originally posted by All-American View Post
                "Oh, it's just soo bitter! Why the hate?" Aw, you're all a bunch of pussies. You HATE your rival. Anybody in the country knows this. You want to DESTROY them. The only regret that I have about ripping out Utah's still beating heart and shoving it in their faces so they could see how black it was before they died in three of the last four years was the fact that we allowed them to retain a shred of dignity since they fought hard to the finish.


                Do you direct such vitriol toward your uncle?
                "Socialism is a philosophy of failure, the creed of ignorance and the gospel of envy; its inherent virtue is the equal sharing of misery." - Winston Churchill


                "I only know what I hear on the news." - Dear Leader

                Comment

                • LA Ute
                  Receiver of Memory
                  • Nov 2008
                  • 19512

                  #23
                  Originally posted by il Padrino Ute View Post


                  Do you direct such vitriol toward your uncle?
                  Be easy on AA. He's still in the "smart alec student who thinks trolling is clever" phase. This can last well beyond graduation. Patience!
                  “There is a great deal of difference in believing something still, and believing it again.”
                  ― W.H. Auden


                  "God made the angels to show His splendour - as He made animals for innocence and plants for their simplicity. But men and women He made to serve Him wittily, in the tangle of their minds."
                  -- Robert Bolt, A Man for All Seasons


                  "It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
                  --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

                  Comment

                  • Donuthole
                    Official Outgayer
                    • Nov 2008
                    • 25278

                    #24
                    Originally posted by LA Ute View Post
                    Be easy on AA. He's still in the "smart alec student who thinks trolling is clever" phase. This can last well beyond graduation. Patience!
                    How long before he makes it to the the "faux peacemaker who harbors way more resentment towards his alma mater's rival school than he would ever admit, even though his constant passive-aggressive remarks have long since exposed his true feelings" phase?
                    Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

                    There's three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who's got the same first name as a city; and never go near a lady's got a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

                    Comment

                    • Jarid in Cedar
                      CS Institutional Memory
                      • Jun 2009
                      • 13234

                      #25
                      Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
                      How long before he makes it to the the "faux peacemaker who harbors way more resentment towards his alma mater's rival school than he would ever admit, even though his constant passive-aggressive remarks have long since exposed his true feelings" phase?
                      Where is the "EVERYONE " phase on that continuum? I am curious where I end up next.
                      "The first thing I learned upon becoming a head coach after fifteen years as an assistant was the enormous difference between making a suggestion and making a decision."

                      "They talk about the economy this year. Hey, my hairline is in recession, my waistline is in inflation. Altogether, I'm in a depression."

                      "I like to bike. I could beat Lance Armstrong, only because he couldn't pass me if he was behind me."

                      -Rick Majerus

                      Comment

                      • Donuthole
                        Official Outgayer
                        • Nov 2008
                        • 25278

                        #26
                        Originally posted by Jarid in Cedar View Post
                        Where is the "EVERYONE " phase on that continuum? I am curious where I end up next.
                        Outer darkness, I'm pretty sure.
                        Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

                        There's three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who's got the same first name as a city; and never go near a lady's got a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

                        Comment

                        • Jarid in Cedar
                          CS Institutional Memory
                          • Jun 2009
                          • 13234

                          #27
                          Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
                          Outer darkness, I'm pretty sure.
                          I am bound for there regardless, so it is nice to know that eventually I will have some company......eventually<sigh>
                          "The first thing I learned upon becoming a head coach after fifteen years as an assistant was the enormous difference between making a suggestion and making a decision."

                          "They talk about the economy this year. Hey, my hairline is in recession, my waistline is in inflation. Altogether, I'm in a depression."

                          "I like to bike. I could beat Lance Armstrong, only because he couldn't pass me if he was behind me."

                          -Rick Majerus

                          Comment

                          • YOhio
                            Hipster Mode
                            • Nov 2008
                            • 26165

                            #28
                            Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
                            How long before he makes it to the the "faux peacemaker who harbors way more resentment towards his alma mater's rival school than he would ever admit, even though his constant passive-aggressive remarks have long since exposed his true feelings" phase?
                            LOL! Death shot in dark orchid!

                            Comment

                            • wuapinmon
                              Soul Plumber
                              • Dec 2008
                              • 30711

                              #29
                              Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
                              How long before he makes it to the the "faux peacemaker who harbors way more resentment towards his alma mater's rival school than he would ever admit, even though his constant passive-aggressive remarks have long since exposed his true feelings" phase?
                              I rarely post in the sports threads because they're not really what brings me here. But, I do read many of them, and I have to comment in this one.

                              This post has me laughing because LA Ute can't really riposte it, and I can just see him squirming in his beach chair.
                              "Wuap's "problem" is that he is smart & principled & committed to a moral course of action. His actions are supposed to reflect his ethical code.
                              The rest of us rarely bother to think about our actions." --Solon

                              Comment

                              • LA Ute
                                Receiver of Memory
                                • Nov 2008
                                • 19512

                                #30
                                Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
                                How long before he makes it to the the "faux peacemaker who harbors way more resentment towards his alma mater's rival school than he would ever admit, even though his constant passive-aggressive remarks have long since exposed his true feelings" phase?
                                Would you know a peacemaker even if one bit you on the leg?



                                And you are truly a miserable vomitous mass.
                                Last edited by LA Ute; 07-26-2010, 11:55 PM.
                                “There is a great deal of difference in believing something still, and believing it again.”
                                ― W.H. Auden


                                "God made the angels to show His splendour - as He made animals for innocence and plants for their simplicity. But men and women He made to serve Him wittily, in the tangle of their minds."
                                -- Robert Bolt, A Man for All Seasons


                                "It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
                                --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

                                Comment

                                Working...