Word is that Utah has offered....

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Bengal Cougar
    Captain Sexy Pants
    • Jun 2010
    • 109

    #16
    Originally posted by Portland Ute View Post
    It's a waste of time to offer? Why? How long does that really take? 5 minutes? A piece of paper?
    I see your point, I still think it's a waste of time because there is about a Lloyd Christmas chance that he goes to Utah. And it is a verbal offer, I don't think he is eligible to receive a written offer until his junior school year has started. But I could be wrong on that.
    "Not at the table Carlos"

    Comment

    • Portland Ute
      Junior Member
      • Dec 2008
      • 5647

      #17
      Originally posted by Jacob View Post
      They won't. At least not the out-of-staters, and that's what we're talking about. If they are blue-chippers they will have better options than Utah in other conferences.

      Really, what are the clearly better options in the PAC10 right now than Utah?

      USC? UCLA? They both have their issues, but they are in SoCal.

      Oregon? It might be the clearly better option football-wise.

      I think some Utah fans are overly optimistic about the ability to recruit LDS kids with the PAC10 thing.

      However, several BYU fans such as you are overly PESSIMISTIC about Utah's chances.

      The truth lies somewhere in between. There are LDS kids outside of Utah that have similar mindsets as those that live in Utah but go to UCLA, Oregon State or Oregon just to be in the PAC10.

      Some,maybe very few, will see playing at a PAC10 school as a better option than BYU, just like the ones that leave Utah do right now. They might also see the chance to play at a PAC10 school in Utah where there are a high % of LDS girls to date and hang with as an advantage over going to OrSU, UW, UCLA, Oregon, AZ or ASU.

      Comment

      • LA Ute
        Receiver of Memory
        • Nov 2008
        • 19512

        #18
        Originally posted by Bengal Cougar View Post
        I see your point, I still think it's a waste of time because there is about a Lloyd Christmas chance that he goes to Utah. And it is a verbal offer, I don't think he is eligible to receive a written offer until his junior school year has started. But I could be wrong on that.
        Hey, sometimes magic happens!
        “There is a great deal of difference in believing something still, and believing it again.”
        ― W.H. Auden


        "God made the angels to show His splendour - as He made animals for innocence and plants for their simplicity. But men and women He made to serve Him wittily, in the tangle of their minds."
        -- Robert Bolt, A Man for All Seasons


        "It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
        --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

        Comment

        • DU Ute
          RIP CUF
          • Dec 2008
          • 7393

          #19
          Originally posted by byu71 View Post
          Make sure you keep the CB site on you browser. I dont' think there will be a lot of gnashing of teeth on this site from Cougar fans. I think we are pretty realistic.
          Oh, I will. I look forward to CB's reaction to the quote by a recruit saying how nice it is to play for a PAC12 team with such a great atmosphere for LDS kids.
          "In conclusion, let me give a shout-out to dirty sex. What a great thing it is" - Northwestcoug
          "And you people wonder why you've had extermination orders issued against you." - landpoke
          "Can't . . . let . . . foolish statements . . . by . . . BYU fans . . . go . . . unanswered . . . ." - LA Ute

          Comment

          • creekster
            It is NOT a monkey!
            • Nov 2008
            • 22661

            #20
            Originally posted by LA Ute View Post
            Hey, sometimes magic happens!
            Only if you are living right.
            PLesa excuse the tpyos.

            Comment

            • il Padrino Ute
              Junior Member
              • Nov 2008
              • 19161

              #21
              While landing an LDS blue chipper would be nice, the fact of the matter is that Utah doesn't need that particular kind of recruit as badly as BYU does in order to be competitive.
              "Socialism is a philosophy of failure, the creed of ignorance and the gospel of envy; its inherent virtue is the equal sharing of misery." - Winston Churchill


              "I only know what I hear on the news." - Dear Leader

              Comment

              • Hot Lunch
                Out of Office
                • Nov 2008
                • 7842

                #22
                Originally posted by Portland Ute View Post
                So, if Utah and Washington State offer, he goes to Washington State? What about Oregon State?

                How about Baylor?

                IMO, he's BYU's. This deal was done years ago when he sat watching his older brothers play for BYU.

                He will grow. He will get taller. He'd probably enjoy playing with Jake Heaps when Heaps is a junior and senior.

                Utah has no chance with this kid, but what does it hurt to offer?

                Utah will someday get a blue-chip LDS kid that has an offer from BYU, but it won't be this kid.
                If Robert Anae is still the OC when he is making his decision then I don't think it is a done deal for BYU. Just a little bit of inside information that I have on the relationship between the Collie family and Mr. Anae.
                "Take it to the Bank"

                Comment

                • Coach McGuirk
                  1
                  • Nov 2008
                  • 12109

                  #23
                  The question should be Why would Utah want a Collie, after the "wailing and gnashing of teeth" that took place after "Magic Happens" and how many Utes heads explode if little bro were to utter a similar sentiment as a Ute?

                  Comment

                  • DU Ute
                    RIP CUF
                    • Dec 2008
                    • 7393

                    #24
                    Originally posted by il Padrino Ute View Post
                    While landing an LDS blue chipper would be nice, the fact of the matter is that Utah doesn't need that particular kind of recruit as badly as BYU does in order to be competitive.
                    Which makes it all the sweeter if we nab one.

                    I hadn't thought much about this, but now I'm excited. If it happens I might have to spend the whole day trolling the CB.
                    "In conclusion, let me give a shout-out to dirty sex. What a great thing it is" - Northwestcoug
                    "And you people wonder why you've had extermination orders issued against you." - landpoke
                    "Can't . . . let . . . foolish statements . . . by . . . BYU fans . . . go . . . unanswered . . . ." - LA Ute

                    Comment

                    • Jarid in Cedar
                      CS Institutional Memory
                      • Jun 2009
                      • 13234

                      #25
                      It is no different that BYU offering Joe Krugar. Odds are low, but if he is a player that you think would fit in your system and at your school, no harm in offering. What is the worst that will happen? He says no?
                      "The first thing I learned upon becoming a head coach after fifteen years as an assistant was the enormous difference between making a suggestion and making a decision."

                      "They talk about the economy this year. Hey, my hairline is in recession, my waistline is in inflation. Altogether, I'm in a depression."

                      "I like to bike. I could beat Lance Armstrong, only because he couldn't pass me if he was behind me."

                      -Rick Majerus

                      Comment

                      • DU Ute
                        RIP CUF
                        • Dec 2008
                        • 7393

                        #26
                        Originally posted by Coach McGuirk View Post
                        The question should be Why would Utah want a Collie, after the "wailing and gnashing of teeth" that took place after "Magic Happens" and how many Utes heads explode if little bro were to utter a similar sentiment as a Ute?
                        Think of the CB reaction to THAT!!!! Oh, wow! I really hope this goes down.
                        "In conclusion, let me give a shout-out to dirty sex. What a great thing it is" - Northwestcoug
                        "And you people wonder why you've had extermination orders issued against you." - landpoke
                        "Can't . . . let . . . foolish statements . . . by . . . BYU fans . . . go . . . unanswered . . . ." - LA Ute

                        Comment

                        • Coach McGuirk
                          1
                          • Nov 2008
                          • 12109

                          #27
                          Originally posted by DU Ute View Post
                          Think of the CB reaction to THAT!!!! Oh, wow! I really hope this goes down.

                          Your life seems to revolve too much around a group of people you don't respect.

                          Comment

                          • DU Ute
                            RIP CUF
                            • Dec 2008
                            • 7393

                            #28
                            Originally posted by Coach McGuirk View Post
                            Your life seems to revolve too much around a group of people you don't respect.
                            Just because I can appreciate a good CB meltdown doesn't mean my life revolves around it.
                            "In conclusion, let me give a shout-out to dirty sex. What a great thing it is" - Northwestcoug
                            "And you people wonder why you've had extermination orders issued against you." - landpoke
                            "Can't . . . let . . . foolish statements . . . by . . . BYU fans . . . go . . . unanswered . . . ." - LA Ute

                            Comment

                            • Hot Lunch
                              Out of Office
                              • Nov 2008
                              • 7842

                              #29
                              Originally posted by Coach McGuirk View Post
                              Your life seems to revolve too much around a group of people you don't respect.
                              DU does have a pretty big obsession with that board.
                              "Take it to the Bank"

                              Comment

                              • LA Ute
                                Receiver of Memory
                                • Nov 2008
                                • 19512

                                #30
                                Originally posted by creekster View Post
                                Only if you are living right.
                                Both on and off the field, I hear.
                                “There is a great deal of difference in believing something still, and believing it again.”
                                ― W.H. Auden


                                "God made the angels to show His splendour - as He made animals for innocence and plants for their simplicity. But men and women He made to serve Him wittily, in the tangle of their minds."
                                -- Robert Bolt, A Man for All Seasons


                                "It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
                                --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

                                Comment

                                Working...