Week One open thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • MartyFunkhouser
    Disciple of RNGesus
    • Nov 2008
    • 18747

    #106
    Oregon has a good team and UNM is really really bad.
    As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
    --Kendrick Lamar

    Comment

    • Jeff Lebowski
      Corporate lackey for Jesus
      • Nov 2008
      • 69676

      #107
      Originally posted by COUGZ View Post
      I'm not sure if I'm more excited for the VaTech/Boise State game or the BYU/UW game....

      I know many hate BSU, but I want a non-BCS team to go to the National Title game so damn bad......stick it to the BCS as much as they can.

      The best possible thing to happen to football would be for Boise State to go 12-0....Ohio State to go 12-0 and have an SEC team go 12-1 (win the SEC championship).....and truly see the BS that is the BCS.....why? Boise State will miss out on it for the 1 loss SEC team.
      Given BSU's schedule, that would probably be fair.
      "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
      "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
      "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

      Comment

      • LiveCoug
        LA Ute loves me
        • Nov 2008
        • 18488

        #108
        Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
        Given BSU's schedule, that would probably be fair.
        As much as I hate Boyzee, why is it fair? Haven't they proven they can play? Why is it fair for them to not have a shot?

        Comment

        • Jeff Lebowski
          Corporate lackey for Jesus
          • Nov 2008
          • 69676

          #109
          Originally posted by LiveCoug View Post
          As much as I hate Boyzee, why is it fair? Haven't they proven they can play? Why is it fair for them to not have a shot?
          I am saying that in most cases, a one-loss SEC team has probably played a far tougher schedule than an undefeated WAC champion.
          "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
          "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
          "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

          Comment

          • LiveCoug
            LA Ute loves me
            • Nov 2008
            • 18488

            #110
            Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
            I am saying that in most cases, a one-loss SEC team has probably played a far tougher schedule than an undefeated WAC champion.
            While that is most likely true, why is it fair for them to not have a shot? I hate the BCS.

            Comment

            • Coach McGuirk
              1
              • Nov 2008
              • 12109

              #111
              59-0 for Oregon. Thanks Red Furry!

              Comment

              • Jeff Lebowski
                Corporate lackey for Jesus
                • Nov 2008
                • 69676

                #112
                Kind of underwhelmed by the Texas win over Rice. Gilbert didn't look that great.
                "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

                Comment

                • Jarid in Cedar
                  CS Institutional Memory
                  • Jun 2009
                  • 13234

                  #113
                  Jacksonville st-49
                  Ole Miss-48

                  "The first thing I learned upon becoming a head coach after fifteen years as an assistant was the enormous difference between making a suggestion and making a decision."

                  "They talk about the economy this year. Hey, my hairline is in recession, my waistline is in inflation. Altogether, I'm in a depression."

                  "I like to bike. I could beat Lance Armstrong, only because he couldn't pass me if he was behind me."

                  -Rick Majerus

                  Comment

                  • HuskyFreeNorthwest
                    Time to camp
                    • Nov 2008
                    • 26082

                    #114
                    Originally posted by Jarid in Cedar View Post
                    Jacksonville st-49
                    Ole Miss-48

                    Karma.
                    Get confident, stupid
                    -landpoke

                    Comment

                    • Jarid in Cedar
                      CS Institutional Memory
                      • Jun 2009
                      • 13234

                      #115
                      Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
                      Karma.
                      Totally
                      "The first thing I learned upon becoming a head coach after fifteen years as an assistant was the enormous difference between making a suggestion and making a decision."

                      "They talk about the economy this year. Hey, my hairline is in recession, my waistline is in inflation. Altogether, I'm in a depression."

                      "I like to bike. I could beat Lance Armstrong, only because he couldn't pass me if he was behind me."

                      -Rick Majerus

                      Comment

                      • Jarid in Cedar
                        CS Institutional Memory
                        • Jun 2009
                        • 13234

                        #116
                        Oregon St. is abusing TCU's secondary right now
                        "The first thing I learned upon becoming a head coach after fifteen years as an assistant was the enormous difference between making a suggestion and making a decision."

                        "They talk about the economy this year. Hey, my hairline is in recession, my waistline is in inflation. Altogether, I'm in a depression."

                        "I like to bike. I could beat Lance Armstrong, only because he couldn't pass me if he was behind me."

                        -Rick Majerus

                        Comment

                        • BoylenOver
                          Junior Member
                          • Nov 2008
                          • 9146

                          #117
                          Kansas loses 6-3 to North Dakota St. Ouch.
                          "I don't know the origin of said bitch booming."-Art Vandelay
                          "Hot Lunch posted awhile back on this. He knows more than anyone except for maybe BO."-Seattle Ute

                          Comment

                          • BoylenOver
                            Junior Member
                            • Nov 2008
                            • 9146

                            #118
                            Ole Miss was up 31-10 at halftime. To get outscored 24-3 at home against a FCS opponent is embarassing. They also ran the ball 52 times for 237 yards (4.6 YPC), which is pretty good. That should win you the game.
                            "I don't know the origin of said bitch booming."-Art Vandelay
                            "Hot Lunch posted awhile back on this. He knows more than anyone except for maybe BO."-Seattle Ute

                            Comment

                            • BoylenOver
                              Junior Member
                              • Nov 2008
                              • 9146

                              #119
                              Also, UNLV has more points than total yards at halftime. Down 17-14 to Wisconsin.
                              "I don't know the origin of said bitch booming."-Art Vandelay
                              "Hot Lunch posted awhile back on this. He knows more than anyone except for maybe BO."-Seattle Ute

                              Comment

                              • BoylenOver
                                Junior Member
                                • Nov 2008
                                • 9146

                                #120
                                Fresno St is up 28-14 over Cincinnati with 5 minutes left in the game.

                                Props to the Bearcats for playing this game, and props to Fresno St for capitalizing.

                                Also, Pam Ward keeps referring to Fresno as the "original BCS busters."
                                "I don't know the origin of said bitch booming."-Art Vandelay
                                "Hot Lunch posted awhile back on this. He knows more than anyone except for maybe BO."-Seattle Ute

                                Comment

                                Working...