Week One open thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Hot Lunch
    Out of Office
    • Nov 2008
    • 7842

    #76
    Originally posted by Coach McGuirk View Post
    at the end of the Scott v pelt interview with Travis Matich he said that the UNC mess is just growing, they don't even know who is going to be playing for the tar heels and it is going to get very bad for the program.
    Marvin Austin was suspended indefinitely. It is to bad that it is such a mess at UNC. They were going to be fun to watch this year. Their defense had so much talent on it.
    "Take it to the Bank"

    Comment

    • Coach McGuirk
      1
      • Nov 2008
      • 12109

      #77
      Originally posted by Hot Lunch View Post
      Marvin Austin was suspended indefinitely. It is to bad that it is such a mess at UNC. They were going to be fun to watch this year. Their defense had so much talent on it.
      I've had a soft spot in my sports heart for the UNC football team dating back to when Mack Brown coached there. I was hoping for good things for them this year. Now I think they are not only done for this year, but I think the NCAA is going to set them back worse than anything handed out since SMU.

      Comment

      • Hot Lunch
        Out of Office
        • Nov 2008
        • 7842

        #78
        Originally posted by Coach McGuirk View Post
        I've had a soft spot in my sports heart for the UNC football team dating back to when Mack Brown coached there. I was hoping for good things for them this year. Now I think they are not only done for this year, but I think the NCAA is going to set them back worse than anything handed out since SMU.
        I think you are right. Their is some shaddy stuff going on Chapel Hill. This isn't going to end well for the Tar Heels.
        "Take it to the Bank"

        Comment

        • Coach McGuirk
          1
          • Nov 2008
          • 12109

          #79
          Joe Schad just tweeter that UNC will play without 16 players. How long till Davis is canned?

          Comment

          • Jarid in Cedar
            CS Institutional Memory
            • Jun 2009
            • 13234

            #80
            Originally posted by Coach McGuirk View Post
            Joe Schad just tweeter that UNC will play without 16 players. How long till Davis is canned?
            whoa.....mostly starters in that group I would guess, how many scrubs were going to agent parties?
            "The first thing I learned upon becoming a head coach after fifteen years as an assistant was the enormous difference between making a suggestion and making a decision."

            "They talk about the economy this year. Hey, my hairline is in recession, my waistline is in inflation. Altogether, I'm in a depression."

            "I like to bike. I could beat Lance Armstrong, only because he couldn't pass me if he was behind me."

            -Rick Majerus

            Comment

            • USUC
              Chronic Poseur
              • Apr 2010
              • 8795

              #81
              Originally posted by Jarid in Cedar View Post
              whoa.....mostly starters in that group I would guess, how many scrubs were going to agent parties?
              Vegas had the line on this game close. Wonder if that has changed.

              Comment

              • Jarid in Cedar
                CS Institutional Memory
                • Jun 2009
                • 13234

                #82
                Originally posted by USU Coug View Post
                Vegas had the line on this game close. Wonder if that has changed.
                It was 2 points. I wonder if they pull it off the bord.
                "The first thing I learned upon becoming a head coach after fifteen years as an assistant was the enormous difference between making a suggestion and making a decision."

                "They talk about the economy this year. Hey, my hairline is in recession, my waistline is in inflation. Altogether, I'm in a depression."

                "I like to bike. I could beat Lance Armstrong, only because he couldn't pass me if he was behind me."

                -Rick Majerus

                Comment

                • Coach McGuirk
                  1
                  • Nov 2008
                  • 12109

                  #83
                  Originally posted by USU Coug View Post
                  Vegas had the line on this game close. Wonder if that has changed.
                  Without looking, I am guessing they have pulled it.

                  Comment

                  • BoylenOver
                    Junior Member
                    • Nov 2008
                    • 9146

                    #84
                    I was following the scores at the game. Last time I saw, Rutgers was up 3-0 over Norfolk in the 3rd quarter, but the final was 31-0. My goodness.

                    Also, I'm not watching, but this USC-Hawaii game sounds bananas. The Trojan secondary is getting castigated.
                    "I don't know the origin of said bitch booming."-Art Vandelay
                    "Hot Lunch posted awhile back on this. He knows more than anyone except for maybe BO."-Seattle Ute

                    Comment

                    • Surfah
                      Where's Wallace?
                      • Nov 2008
                      • 33726

                      #85
                      Aside from the linemen, I can't tell anyone on Miami's team apart from Jacory Harris. Every player at the skills positions are tall and skinny. It's weird.
                      "Nobody listens to Turtle."
                      -Turtle
                      sigpic

                      Comment

                      • HuskyFreeNorthwest
                        Time to camp
                        • Nov 2008
                        • 26082

                        #86
                        Can we finally stop hearing about how good the USC defense will be because the genius Monte Kiffin is coaching them? Wow, they better get a lot better before they play LMJ and Quizz.
                        Get confident, stupid
                        -landpoke

                        Comment

                        • USUC
                          Chronic Poseur
                          • Apr 2010
                          • 8795

                          #87
                          Twelve players for UNC officially out for opener. How come I still don't have much faith in LSU's ability to blow them out. I just don't have faith in Crowton.

                          [ame="http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=5527407"]Twelve North Carolina Tar Heels players won't play vs. LSU Tigers in opener - ESPN[/ame]

                          Comment

                          • Surfah
                            Where's Wallace?
                            • Nov 2008
                            • 33726

                            #88
                            Florida looks awful. 3 possessions. 3 turnovers. Two fumbles and a turn over on downs. Their center is having issues snapping. He keeps snapping low.
                            "Nobody listens to Turtle."
                            -Turtle
                            sigpic

                            Comment

                            • CardiacCoug
                              вот так штука
                              • Nov 2008
                              • 11013

                              #89
                              Originally posted by Surfah View Post
                              Florida looks awful. 3 possessions. 3 turnovers. Two fumbles and a turn over on downs. Their center is having issues snapping. He keeps snapping low.
                              Urban's new, healthier, more laid-back, hands-off approach not working out so far.

                              I think Florida still wins by 3 TDs.

                              Comment

                              • SCcoug
                                Senior Member
                                • Nov 2008
                                • 7625

                                #90
                                Nice fake punt.

                                Comment

                                Working...