Utah / Colorado Rivalry

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • MarkGrace
    Grooveshark dick tease
    • Dec 2008
    • 31546

    #16
    Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
    Teams that Haven't Played in 50 Years War!
    Gonna have to come up with something catchier than that to get people to watch these two teams in hoop.
    So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

    Comment

    • il Padrino Ute
      Junior Member
      • Nov 2008
      • 19161

      #17
      Originally posted by MarkGrace View Post
      Gonna have to come up with something catchier than that to get people to watch these two teams in hoop.
      How about "Just another PAC conference game"?
      "Socialism is a philosophy of failure, the creed of ignorance and the gospel of envy; its inherent virtue is the equal sharing of misery." - Winston Churchill


      "I only know what I hear on the news." - Dear Leader

      Comment

      • SeattleUte
        Faith crisis consultant
        • Nov 2008
        • 20837

        #18
        Originally posted by myboynoah View Post
        I LOVE this.
        When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

        --Jonathan Swift

        Comment

        • USUC
          Chronic Poseur
          • Apr 2010
          • 8795

          #19
          For this "rivalry" to mean anything, Colorado has to be able to compete. You are in dire straits when CSU can beat you any given year. This game doesn't excite me in the least. I see Utah building a rivalry with another team. maybe UCLA (then maybe they can win a rivalry game every now and again).

          Comment

          • HuskyFreeNorthwest
            Time to camp
            • Nov 2008
            • 26082

            #20
            Originally posted by USU Coug View Post
            For this "rivalry" to mean anything, Colorado has to be able to compete. You are in dire straits when CSU can beat you any given year. This game doesn't excite me in the least. I see Utah building a rivalry with another team. maybe UCLA (then maybe they can win a rivalry game every now and again).
            I could see Utah and ASU becoming rivals and most years battling for 2nd-4th in that division with the winner having a chance to win it every few years. Although maybe Stoops has finally turned Arizona around and it will be the ZonaZoo instead of ASU who seems to be a ship without a rudder.
            Get confident, stupid
            -landpoke

            Comment

            • creekster
              It is NOT a monkey!
              • Nov 2008
              • 22661

              #21
              Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
              Where have I been bitter? It was a joke, the Laughing Assassin would have given me an lol on that joke.

              If it gains a name it will have something to do with the mountains. Rocky Mountain Showdown or something.
              I, for one, thought it was funny.
              PLesa excuse the tpyos.

              Comment

              • LA Ute
                Receiver of Memory
                • Nov 2008
                • 19512

                #22
                The game could be called The Rumble in the Rockies.
                “There is a great deal of difference in believing something still, and believing it again.”
                ― W.H. Auden


                "God made the angels to show His splendour - as He made animals for innocence and plants for their simplicity. But men and women He made to serve Him wittily, in the tangle of their minds."
                -- Robert Bolt, A Man for All Seasons


                "It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
                --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

                Comment

                • YOhio
                  Hipster Mode
                  • Nov 2008
                  • 26165

                  #23
                  The Utah/Colorado "rivalry" feels manufactured and phony; like a reality tv program. No real bad blood.

                  Comment

                  • USUC
                    Chronic Poseur
                    • Apr 2010
                    • 8795

                    #24
                    Originally posted by YOhio View Post
                    The Utah/Colorado "rivalry" feels manufactured and phony; like a reality tv program. No real bad blood.
                    I agree. The rivalry games for Utah will be other teams that are good. You can't make a rivalry overnight or restart one from 50 years ago. This won't be a problem if Utah gets to play BYU every year during rivalry weekend. But if for whatever reason the Holy War ends, there is no rivalry for them. For the record, I think BYU is in the same boat. It'll probably be Boise State now because of proximity and because they are both competitve. I see Boise State now is what BYU was in the 80s so maybe its a new non-power conference giant versus an old non-power conference giant rivalry. Maybe I'm stretching.

                    Comment

                    • HuskyFreeNorthwest
                      Time to camp
                      • Nov 2008
                      • 26082

                      #25
                      Originally posted by USU Coug View Post
                      I agree. The rivalry games for Utah will be other teams that are good. You can't make a rivalry overnight or restart one from 50 years ago. This won't be a problem if Utah gets to play BYU every year during rivalry weekend. But if for whatever reason the Holy War ends, there is no rivalry for them. For the record, I think BYU is in the same boat. It'll probably be Boise State now because of proximity and because they are both competitve. I see Boise State now is what BYU was in the 80s so maybe its a new non-power conference giant versus an old non-power conference giant rivalry. Maybe I'm stretching.
                      At least BYU has a reason to dislike Boise as they tore our hearts out in 04 and destroyed us in 03. Driving through Boise and listening to the radio it seems that BSU fans seem to hate BYU, though I am unclear as to the reason.
                      Get confident, stupid
                      -landpoke

                      Comment

                      • LA Ute
                        Receiver of Memory
                        • Nov 2008
                        • 19512

                        #26
                        Originally posted by YOhio View Post
                        The Utah/Colorado "rivalry" feels manufactured and phony; like a reality tv program. No real bad blood.
                        And you seem to have concluded that someone here cares what you think about that?
                        “There is a great deal of difference in believing something still, and believing it again.”
                        ― W.H. Auden


                        "God made the angels to show His splendour - as He made animals for innocence and plants for their simplicity. But men and women He made to serve Him wittily, in the tangle of their minds."
                        -- Robert Bolt, A Man for All Seasons


                        "It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
                        --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

                        Comment

                        • New Mexican Disaster
                          Suomalainen
                          • Nov 2008
                          • 4549

                          #27
                          I think that the "Intermountain Research Institutions with a West Coast Academic Culture Cup" is pithy and descriptive, just the right name to get the competitive juices flowing.

                          Comment

                          • il Padrino Ute
                            Junior Member
                            • Nov 2008
                            • 19161

                            #28
                            Originally posted by New Mexican Disaster View Post
                            I think that the "Intermountain Research Institutions with a West Coast Academic Culture Cup" is pithy and descriptive, just the right name to get the competitive juices flowing.
                            Excellent.
                            "Socialism is a philosophy of failure, the creed of ignorance and the gospel of envy; its inherent virtue is the equal sharing of misery." - Winston Churchill


                            "I only know what I hear on the news." - Dear Leader

                            Comment

                            • Uncle Ted
                              The Big 12 money shot.
                              • Apr 2010
                              • 28853

                              #29
                              Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
                              At least BYU has a reason to dislike Boise as they tore our hearts out in 04 and destroyed us in 03. Driving through Boise and listening to the radio it seems that BSU fans seem to hate BYU, though I am unclear as to the reason.
                              The Nugent family was visiting in Idaho over the holiday weekend and saw the following in the local 4th of July parade...



                              It seems a lot of Idahoans are brainwashing their offsprings to be BSU fans while they are young. You can bet they are also teaching them to hate BYU now BSU will be in the MWC.
                              "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                              "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                              "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                              GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

                              Comment

                              • Jeff Lebowski
                                Corporate lackey for Jesus
                                • Nov 2008
                                • 69719

                                #30
                                Originally posted by Ted Nugent View Post
                                The Nugent family was visiting in Idaho over the holiday weekend and saw the following in the local 4th of July parade...



                                It seems a lot of Idahoans are brainwashing their offsprings to be BSU fans while they are young. You can bet they are also teaching them to hate BYU now BSU will be in the MWC.
                                That's my kind of parade. Small towns can be a lot of fun.
                                "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                                "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                                "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

                                Comment

                                Working...