• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by YOhio View Post
    Didn't you see this tweet by BYU Tank?

Rock solid, baby. We are so B12 bound.
    That changes everything...

Comment

• I get a strange feeling this thread will take another break after the Big East announcement, only to explode again next year... as we get looked at, again, by the Big 12, I get excited, again, only to not got there, again. Maybe this can become a yearly event for BYU fans.

Comment

• Isn't BYUTANK involved with the ticket office or BYU marketing department?
        "It's devastating, because we lost to a team that's not even in the Pac-12. To lose to Utah State is horrible." - John White IV

Comment

• I think I should of put this in the Big East Expansion thread.. So many expansion threads...

EDIT: My squeezable Bacon photo...
          Last edited by dabrockster; 11-18-2011, 05:52 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by PolyCougar View Post
            I get a strange feeling this thread will take another break after the Big East announcement, only to explode again next year... as we get looked at, again, by the Big 12, I get excited, again, only to not got there, again. Maybe this can become a yearly event for BYU fans.
            Don't worry about people stealing your ideas. If your ideas are any good, you'll have to ram them down people's throats.
            - Howard Aiken

Any sufficiently complicated platform contains an ad hoc, informally-specified, bug-ridden, slow implementation of half of a functional programming language.
            - Variation on Greenspun's Tenth Rule

Comment

• Originally posted by dabrockster View Post
              I think I should of put this in the Big East Expansion thread.. So many expansion threads...

EDIT: My squeezable Bacon photo...
              I put it there for you in my lube post, I knew your intent.
              Get confident, stupid
              -landpoke

Comment

• So in the past year, BYU has effectively turned down the Big East twice and the B12 once.

What is the status of the B12 now? Does Mizzou get to leave for next season? Has the WV stuff been hashed out with the Big East?
                Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
                  So in the past year, BYU has effectively turned down the Big East twice and the B12 once.

What is the status of the B12 now? Does Mizzou get to leave for next season? Has the WV stuff been hashed out with the Big East?
                  Interesting question. I've gathered that WVU can't leave and Missouri can, but who knows at this point. Sounds like Big East wants Pitt/WVU/Syracuse to stay until the new teams come in.
                  Last edited by UtahJazzFan88; 11-23-2011, 03:51 PM.

Comment

• OMG. ACC going to 16...wow.

So that means we see B12 with BYU, BSU, AFA, UL, Cincy and a big hail mary attempt for ND?? seems plausible. Timing for 2013? Yep.

Doccoug may have nailed it: when this thread gets to 12k posts, we'll be in.

Comment

• Originally posted by Viking View Post
                      OMG. ACC going to 16...wow.

So that means we see B12 with BYU, BSU, AFA, UL, Cincy and a big hail mary attempt for ND?? seems plausible. Timing for 2013? Yep.

Lol that's a good one

Sent from my SGH-T839 using Tapatalk
                      "Be a philosopher. A man can compromise to gain a point. It has become apparent that a man can, within limits, follow his inclinations within the arms of the Church if he does so discreetly." - The Walking Drum

"And here’s what life comes down to—not how many years you live, but how many of those years are filled with bullshit that doesn’t amount to anything to satisfy the requirements of some dickhead you’ll never get the pleasure of punching in the face." – Adam Carolla

Comment

• Originally posted by Viking View Post
                        OMG. ACC going to 16...wow.

Uh... No. That doesn't seem plausible at all.
                        "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                        "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                        "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Why does everyone have to go to 16? I can see 12 as the magic number, in order to have a conference championship game. I don't see much difference between 12 and 16 teams, though.

I think everyone agrees the B12 has to expand back to 12 (at least). I'm not sure why the PAC or B1G need to grow to 16. Why would they bother?
                          Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                            Uh... No. That doesn't seem plausible at all.
                            why not? i think b12 has self actualized enough to know if could be a bigeast in a few years unless it gets to scale and stable as with SEC ACC and PAC so it will have a tendency to want to bulk up sooner.

Comment

Why does everyone have to go to 16? I can see 12 as the magic number, in order to have a conference championship game. I don't see much difference between 12 and 16 teams, though.

I think everyone agrees the B12 has to expand back to 12 (at least). I'm not sure why the PAC or B1G need to grow to 16. Why would they bother?
                              Agree. GREAT POST.
                              When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

--Jonathan Swift

Comment

Why does everyone have to go to 16? I can see 12 as the magic number, in order to have a conference championship game. I don't see much difference between 12 and 16 teams, though.

The bigger might be able to dictate the terms of new bowl arrangements, maybe even playoffs...

I don't think it's for everyone. Pac is fine where it is. B10, too. But the b12 is an unstable child and needs to get bigger by the era of superconferences.

Comment

Working...
                                X