The Big 12 expansion groundswell

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • landpoke
    Never once baby snatched
    • Nov 2008
    • 4183

    #6541
    Originally posted by Viking View Post
    Because BYU is not a lock; from BYU's stance, not the B12's
    Bummer for you guys. Well, I'll follow this B12 expansion saga with great interest as they most likely turn their gaze east.
    There's no such thing as luck, only drunken invincibility. Make it happen.

    Tila Tequila and Juggalos, America’s saddest punchline since the South.

    Yesterday was Thursday, Thursday
    Today is Friday, Friday (Partyin’)
    …
    Tomorrow is Saturday
    And Sunday comes afterwards

    Comment

    • Uncle Ted
      The Big 12 money shot.
      • Apr 2010
      • 28853

      #6542
      Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
      But OK says the nine university presidents approved the six-year lock-up unanimously, didn't he?
      Yes. That is what the local radio is saying.
      "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
      "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
      "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
      GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

      Comment

      • SteelBlue
        Senior Member
        • Nov 2008
        • 8189

        #6543
        Anyone else feel like they're in a priesthood leadership training meeting?

        Comment

        • landpoke
          Never once baby snatched
          • Nov 2008
          • 4183

          #6544
          Originally posted by YOhio View Post
          Lol! You know nothing of conference expansion negotiations.
          It was a question.
          There's no such thing as luck, only drunken invincibility. Make it happen.

          Tila Tequila and Juggalos, America’s saddest punchline since the South.

          Yesterday was Thursday, Thursday
          Today is Friday, Friday (Partyin’)
          …
          Tomorrow is Saturday
          And Sunday comes afterwards

          Comment

          • Viking
            Banned
            • Jun 2009
            • 6470

            #6545
            Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
            Yes. That is what the local radio is saying.
            Yes, it's a HUGE change and basically creates a very stable environment.

            BYU, no excuses any more.

            Comment

            • San Juan Sun
              Kicked to the curb
              • Dec 2009
              • 9214

              #6546
              Originally posted by SteelBlue View Post
              Anyone else feel like they're in a priesthood leadership training meeting?
              Nope. I'm not bored or sleepy.
              "Sure, I fought. I had to fight all my life just to survive. They were all against me. Tried every dirty trick to cut me down, but I beat the bastards and left them in the ditch."

              - Ty Cobb

              Comment

              • PaloAltoCougar
                Semper infra dignitatem
                • Nov 2008
                • 16937

                #6547
                Originally posted by SteelBlue View Post
                Anyone else feel like they're in a priesthood leadership training meeting?
                The dude's wearing a white shirt for a reason.

                Comment

                • Jeff Lebowski
                  Corporate lackey for Jesus
                  • Nov 2008
                  • 69711

                  #6548
                  ??

                  Made some comment about Mizzou. "Our concern will be about Missouri"

                  Did I hear that correctly?
                  "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                  "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                  "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

                  Comment

                  • Pheidippides
                    Liberal Feminazi
                    • Nov 2008
                    • 14759

                    #6549
                    Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                    ??

                    Made some comment about Mizzou. "Our concern will be about Missouri"

                    Did I hear that correctly?
                    I think they play Mizzou this week.

                    Edit: Confirmed - they do.
                    Awesomeness now has a name. Let me introduce myself.

                    Comment

                    • Jeff Lebowski
                      Corporate lackey for Jesus
                      • Nov 2008
                      • 69711

                      #6550
                      Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                      ??

                      Made some comment about Mizzou. "Our concern will be about Missouri"

                      Did I hear that correctly?
                      Does OU play Mizzou on Saturday? Maybe that was it.
                      "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                      "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                      "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

                      Comment

                      • Uncle Ted
                        The Big 12 money shot.
                        • Apr 2010
                        • 28853

                        #6551
                        Big 12 schools agreed to surrender Tier 1, 2 TV rights to conference for 6 years. Big move. More ironclad than an exit fee.
                        "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                        "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                        "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                        GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

                        Comment

                        • ERCougar
                          Junior Member
                          • Nov 2008
                          • 10978

                          #6552
                          Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
                          Big 12 schools agreed to surrender Tier 1, 2 TV rights to conference for 6 years. Big move. More ironclad than an exit fee.
                          What if there is no conference left?
                          At least the Big Ten went after a big-time addition in Nebraska; the Pac-10 wanted a game so badly, it added Utah
                          -Berry Trammel, 12/3/10

                          Comment

                          • Jeff Lebowski
                            Corporate lackey for Jesus
                            • Nov 2008
                            • 69711

                            #6553
                            Boren spinning the PAC-12 issue again. Typical politician.
                            "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                            "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                            "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

                            Comment

                            • Gaffords
                              Junior Member
                              • Aug 2011
                              • 97

                              #6554
                              Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
                              Big 12 schools agreed to surrender Tier 1, 2 TV rights to conference for 6 years. Big move. More ironclad than an exit fee.
                              And it expands past when our t-1 expires in 5 years. Pretty binding.

                              Comment

                              • oxcoug
                                Dolphins Rape Hipsters
                                • Dec 2009
                                • 5309

                                #6555
                                Originally posted by LiveCoug View Post
                                I have a good feeling about this.
                                Who's been spiking LC's oatmeal with what mood-enhancing substance?
                                Ute-ī sunt fīmī differtī

                                It can't all be wedding cake.

                                Comment

                                Working...