The Big 12 expansion groundswell

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • smokymountainrain
    Impressive Member
    • Nov 2008
    • 22593

    #18091
    Originally posted by old_gregg View Post
    do you understand how batting averages work or...?
    not really a sports fan. give the kid a break.
    I'm like LeBron James.
    -mpfunk

    Comment

    • Paperback Writer
      Signature won a Pulitzer
      • Nov 2010
      • 5211

      #18092
      Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
      BYU in past tense? Knock it off.
      Haven't you heard? BYU is already in the Big 12! Past tense; BYU was blocked but is now in!
      “Not the victory but the action. Not the goal but the game. In the deed the glory.”
      "All things are measured against Nebraska." falafel

      Comment

      • Bo Diddley
        Senior
        • Jul 2012
        • 18790

        #18093
        Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
        BYU in past tense? Knock it off.
        I think he means BYU was blocked before. We'll see how it goes this time around.

        Comment

        • Jeff Lebowski
          Corporate lackey for Jesus
          • Nov 2008
          • 69703

          #18094
          Originally posted by Bo Diddley View Post
          I think he means BYU was blocked before. We'll see how it goes this time around.
          That was Ann Richards looking out for Baylor. Not Texas.
          "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
          "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
          "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

          Comment

          • lambdacoug
            Junior Member
            • Oct 2011
            • 3981

            #18095
            Originally posted by old_gregg View Post
            do you understand how batting averages work or...?
            I bet he scored lower than wuap in math on the ACT.
            Don't worry about people stealing your ideas. If your ideas are any good, you'll have to ram them down people's throats.
            - Howard Aiken

            Any sufficiently complicated platform contains an ad hoc, informally-specified, bug-ridden, slow implementation of half of a functional programming language.
            - Variation on Greenspun's Tenth Rule

            Comment

            • lambdacoug
              Junior Member
              • Oct 2011
              • 3981

              #18096
              Originally posted by smokymountainrain View Post
              not really a sports fan. give the kid a break.
              Well, batting averages aren't really a sports thing... more like straight math.
              Don't worry about people stealing your ideas. If your ideas are any good, you'll have to ram them down people's throats.
              - Howard Aiken

              Any sufficiently complicated platform contains an ad hoc, informally-specified, bug-ridden, slow implementation of half of a functional programming language.
              - Variation on Greenspun's Tenth Rule

              Comment

              • smokymountainrain
                Impressive Member
                • Nov 2008
                • 22593

                #18097
                Originally posted by lambdacoug View Post
                Well, batting averages aren't really a sports thing... more like straight math.
                he's an attorney, so the assumption is he doesn't know math. but if he were a sports fan, knowing math wouldn't be necessary in that instance.
                I'm like LeBron James.
                -mpfunk

                Comment

                • creekster
                  It is NOT a monkey!
                  • Nov 2008
                  • 22661

                  #18098
                  Originally posted by SeattleUte View Post
                  I'm flattered that you all hold me to a batting .1000 standard. That's not how it works, though. I was wrong about the Arizona game. I plead guilty to overestimating Arizona's recovery from its recent tragedy. I could have been more wrong; BYU could have won by a lot.
                  Batting .1000? That's hilarious. Glad you put four zeros there, just to make sure we got the point. Otherwise it would be batting a hundred, right? Surely you must be doing this on purpose, right? It's like you are giving us gifts.
                  PLesa excuse the tpyos.

                  Comment

                  • Blueintheface
                    Senior Member
                    • Sep 2009
                    • 15382

                    #18099
                    As with his efforts in thwarting the reach of the LDS Chuch, SU once again proves (and it was a non-sportsman mistake despite your protests that will surely follow) that you know nothing about sports.

                    The Standard of Truth has been erected; no unhallowed hand can stop the work from progressing; persecutions may rage, mobs may combine, armies may assemble, calumny may defame, but the truth of God will go forth boldly, nobly, and independent, till it has penetrated every continent, visited every clime, swept every country, and sounded in every ear, till the purposes of God shall be accomplished, and the Great Jehovah shall say the work is done.
                    "Either evolution or intelligent design can account for the athlete, but neither can account for the sports fan." - Robert Brault

                    "Once I seen the trades go down and the other guys signed elsewhere," he said, "I knew it was my time now." - Derrick Favors

                    Comment

                    • myboynoah
                      Senior Member
                      • Nov 2008
                      • 21719

                      #18100
                      Inside College Football: Big 12 will have to explain if it doesn't add BYU, Houston
                      Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

                      For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

                      Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

                      Comment

                      • Applejack
                        Senior Member
                        • Aug 2012
                        • 3813

                        #18101
                        Originally posted by Blueintheface View Post
                        As with his efforts in thwarting the reach of the LDS Chuch, SU once again proves (and it was a non-sportsman mistake despite your protests that will surely follow) that you know nothing about sports.

                        The Standard of Truth has been erected; no unhallowed hand can stop the work from progressing; persecutions may rage, mobs may combine, armies may assemble, calumny may defame, but the truth of God will go forth boldly, nobly, and independent, till it has penetrated every continent, visited every clime, swept every country, and sounded in every ear, till the purposes of God shall be accomplished, and the Great Jehovah shall say the work is done.
                        #falseprophet

                        Comment

                        • SeattleUte
                          Faith crisis consultant
                          • Nov 2008
                          • 20837

                          #18102
                          Originally posted by creekster View Post
                          Batting .1000? That's hilarious. Glad you put four zeros there, just to make sure we got the point. Otherwise it would be batting a hundred, right? Surely you must be doing this on purpose, right? It's like you are giving us gifts.
                          I shouldn't have mixed metaphors and said shoot 100%.
                          When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

                          --Jonathan Swift

                          Comment

                          • Commando
                            Explosivo
                            • Feb 2009
                            • 20748

                            #18103
                            Originally posted by SeattleUte View Post
                            I shouldn't have mixed metaphors and said shoot 100%.
                            Really, who can blame you for not being a baseball fan?
                            "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

                            Comment

                            • old_gregg
                              scaly man fish
                              • Nov 2009
                              • 16915

                              #18104
                              Originally posted by SeattleUte View Post
                              I shouldn't have mixed metaphors and said shoot 100%.
                              but you understand that 100%!=.1000 right?
                              Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

                              Comment

                              • Jeff Lebowski
                                Corporate lackey for Jesus
                                • Nov 2008
                                • 69703

                                #18105
                                Originally posted by Commando View Post
                                Really, who can blame you for not being a baseball fan?
                                "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                                "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                                "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

                                Comment

                                Working...