Facilities Inquiry

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Devildog
    Motor Boatin' SOB
    • Oct 2010
    • 1239

    #46
    The visitors is similar. All painted in grey.

    They are not that big (either one of them). The teams are packed in there. I understand the Offensive linemen get the outside wall all to themselves (far right second pic). I was told Kyle wanted to be able to stand at the doorway and see the whole team.

    They are under the south stands so no sky lights and windows like what appears in the BYU pics.
    "We should remember that one man is much the same as another, and that he is best who is trained in the severest school."
    -Thucydides

    "Study strategy over the years and achieve the spirit of the warrior. Today is victory over yourself of yesterday; tomorrow is your victory over lesser men."
    -Miyamoto Musashi

    Si vis pacem, para bellum

    Comment

    • Portland Ute
      Junior Member
      • Dec 2008
      • 5647

      #47
      Originally posted by Devildog View Post
      The visitors is similar. All painted in grey.

      They are not that big (either one of them). The teams are packed in there. I understand the Offensive linemen get the outside wall all to themselves (far right second pic). I was told Kyle wanted to be able to stand at the doorway and see the whole team.

      They are under the south stands so no sky lights and windows like what appears in the BYU pics.
      It does look a lot better than it used to. It used to look like a prison cell. However, it is still small and inadequate.

      This is the reason the south endzone will be rebuilt sooner rather than later.

      I trust LA has some good contacts, but this is one area...the only area...that I have a couple good contacts and I do know things have moved forward towards stadium changes.

      Comment

      • Devildog
        Motor Boatin' SOB
        • Oct 2010
        • 1239

        #48
        Originally posted by Portland Ute View Post
        It does look a lot better than it used to. It used to look like a prison cell. However, it is still small and inadequate.

        This is the reason the south endzone will be rebuilt sooner rather than later.

        I trust LA has some good contacts, but this is one area...the only area...that I have a couple good contacts and I do know things have moved forward towards stadium changes.
        I've heard the same thing. My friend who worked on the RES locker room told me there were other projects to be completed... that they are holding off on now.

        Why renovate.. when you are going to completely rebuild.
        "We should remember that one man is much the same as another, and that he is best who is trained in the severest school."
        -Thucydides

        "Study strategy over the years and achieve the spirit of the warrior. Today is victory over yourself of yesterday; tomorrow is your victory over lesser men."
        -Miyamoto Musashi

        Si vis pacem, para bellum

        Comment

        • SCcoug
          Senior Member
          • Nov 2008
          • 7625

          #49
          Originally posted by kccougar View Post
          And here is a picture of BYU's locker room. Not sure if this is football or not, and not...just something I grabbed off Google.

          That looks like the locker room in the SAB not the stadium locker room.

          Comment

          • Coach McGuirk
            1
            • Nov 2008
            • 12109

            #50
            Originally posted by SCcoug View Post
            That looks like the locker room in the SAB not the stadium locker room.

            It is. Here is the stadium locker room,




            Who doesn't need a grape welch's before a football game!

            Comment

            • TripletDaddy
              sweet triple
              • Nov 2008
              • 58186

              #51
              Originally posted by Coach McGuirk View Post
              It is. Here is the stadium locker room,




              Who doesn't need a grape welch's before a football game!
              if they added some Apple Slice, I doubt I would ever leave that locker room.
              Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

              sigpic

              Comment

              • LA Ute
                Receiver of Memory
                • Nov 2008
                • 19512

                #52
                Originally posted by Portland Ute View Post
                It does look a lot better than it used to. It used to look like a prison cell. However, it is still small and inadequate.

                This is the reason the south endzone will be rebuilt sooner rather than later.

                I trust LA has some good contacts, but this is one area...the only area...that I have a couple good contacts and I do know things have moved forward towards stadium changes.
                The way I heard it the thinking is that it's going to cost millions ($15-20 million, I think) to build low-revenue (i.e., cheap) seats in the South End Zone. Those seats won't pay for themselves for years. So although the stadium will be expanded eventually it's not the top priority and the total increase in seats will be just enough to put RES over 50,000. A huge stadium is not thought to make sense for Utah or to be necessary for the program's success. What they really need right away is the expansion of the practice facility, which right now is a place they "forget" to show to recruits. That's what I was told, anyway. I'll know more in about 4 weeks.
                “There is a great deal of difference in believing something still, and believing it again.”
                ― W.H. Auden


                "God made the angels to show His splendour - as He made animals for innocence and plants for their simplicity. But men and women He made to serve Him wittily, in the tangle of their minds."
                -- Robert Bolt, A Man for All Seasons


                "It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
                --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

                Comment

                • Devildog
                  Motor Boatin' SOB
                  • Oct 2010
                  • 1239

                  #53
                  Originally posted by LA Ute View Post
                  What they really need right away is the expansion of the practice facility, which right now is a place they "forget" to show to recruits. That's what I was told, anyway. I'll know more in about 4 weeks.
                  L.A.Ute I think the practice facility is pretty damn nice... but I've never been to another one to compare. They built the indoor facility this decade and it's got plenty of room in there.

                  The building with the classrooms, trophy cases, and locker rooms might be what they want to upgrade.
                  "We should remember that one man is much the same as another, and that he is best who is trained in the severest school."
                  -Thucydides

                  "Study strategy over the years and achieve the spirit of the warrior. Today is victory over yourself of yesterday; tomorrow is your victory over lesser men."
                  -Miyamoto Musashi

                  Si vis pacem, para bellum

                  Comment

                  • LA Ute
                    Receiver of Memory
                    • Nov 2008
                    • 19512

                    #54
                    Originally posted by Devildog View Post
                    L.A.Ute I think the practice facility is pretty damn nice... but I've never been to another one to compare. They built the indoor facility this decade and it's got plenty of room in there.

                    The building with the classrooms, trophy cases, and locker rooms might be what they want to upgrade.
                    I just know bits and pieces but I understand the medical/physical therapy section of the facility (used by all sports) is really small compared to our new peers in the PAC. It's smalleven compared to the MWC. That, and the tent-like current dining facilities there are the biggest changes in the plans. Again, I don't know everything about this.
                    “There is a great deal of difference in believing something still, and believing it again.”
                    ― W.H. Auden


                    "God made the angels to show His splendour - as He made animals for innocence and plants for their simplicity. But men and women He made to serve Him wittily, in the tangle of their minds."
                    -- Robert Bolt, A Man for All Seasons


                    "It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
                    --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

                    Comment

                    • YOhio
                      Hipster Mode
                      • Nov 2008
                      • 26165

                      #55
                      Originally posted by LA Ute View Post
                      The way I heard it the thinking is that it's going to cost millions ($15-20 million, I think) to build low-revenue (i.e., cheap) seats in the South End Zone. Those seats won't pay for themselves for years. So although the stadium will be expanded eventually it's not the top priority and the total increase in seats will be just enough to put RES over 50,000. A huge stadium is not thought to make sense for Utah or to be necessary for the program's success. What they really need right away is the expansion of the practice facility, which right now is a place they "forget" to show to recruits. That's what I was told, anyway. I'll know more in about 4 weeks.
                      What I was told is that Coach Whittingham and others in the program have already spent all the new PAC12 money on a bigger office and new furniture. Kind of speaks volumes about the teams priorities.

                      Comment

                      • LA Ute
                        Receiver of Memory
                        • Nov 2008
                        • 19512

                        #56
                        Originally posted by YOhio View Post
                        What I was told is that Coach Whittingham and others in the program have already spent all the new PAC12 money on a bigger office and new furniture. Kind of speaks volumes about the teams priorities.
                        Teak wood paneling is expensive. So are stainless steel gourmet popcorn poppers. Recruits notice stuff like that.
                        “There is a great deal of difference in believing something still, and believing it again.”
                        ― W.H. Auden


                        "God made the angels to show His splendour - as He made animals for innocence and plants for their simplicity. But men and women He made to serve Him wittily, in the tangle of their minds."
                        -- Robert Bolt, A Man for All Seasons


                        "It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
                        --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

                        Comment

                        Working...