Rivals Top 25 Recruiters

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Blueintheface
    Senior Member
    • Sep 2009
    • 15382

    #16
    Originally posted by jay santos View Post
    Being a great recruiter is usually about

    --being reasonably personable
    --working your ass off, flying around the country, sending endless text messages and other communications

    I would think you burn out quite easily doing this, and there's a reason why most of the best recruiters are relatively new.
    Something about turning 40 makes you do weird things.

    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkKch-CAlgM"]YouTube- Mike Gundy - Im A Man Im Forty, Come After Me[/ame]
    "Either evolution or intelligent design can account for the athlete, but neither can account for the sports fan." - Robert Brault

    "Once I seen the trades go down and the other guys signed elsewhere," he said, "I knew it was my time now." - Derrick Favors

    Comment

    • SeattleUte
      Faith crisis consultant
      • Nov 2008
      • 20837

      #17
      Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
      Scalley is getting credit for Muniz and Huff neither of them signed with Utah. Who else did he land? Reese and who else? (this is not a knock on Scalley, I am just curious)
      Signed, fan of a team that has finished behind Utah in recruiting rankings three straight years.

      Tallying up decommits after the season Utah just had is like obsessing about the UNLV loss after the SUG.

      Junkie always critiques in bad faith. He's got one gear. Same old song.
      When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

      --Jonathan Swift

      Comment

      • MartyFunkhouser
        Disciple of RNGesus
        • Nov 2008
        • 18751

        #18
        Originally posted by SeattleUte View Post
        Signed, fan of a team that has finished behind Utah in recruiting rankings three straight years.

        Tallying up decommits after the season Utah just had is like obsessing about the UNLV loss after the SUG.

        Junkie always critiques in bad faith. He's got one gear. Same old song.
        I wish you would stop with all the recruit ranking crap. We are losing a good form of smack with every single post bragging about recruiting rankings.
        As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
        --Kendrick Lamar

        Comment

        • Blueintheface
          Senior Member
          • Sep 2009
          • 15382

          #19
          Originally posted by SeattleUte View Post
          Signed, fan of a team that has finished behind Utah in recruiting rankings three straight years.

          Tallying up decommits after the season Utah just had is like obsessing about the UNLV loss after the SUG.

          Junkie always critiques in bad faith. He's got one gear. Same old song.
          Um...he's quoting the article. You'd know this if you'd read it.
          "Either evolution or intelligent design can account for the athlete, but neither can account for the sports fan." - Robert Brault

          "Once I seen the trades go down and the other guys signed elsewhere," he said, "I knew it was my time now." - Derrick Favors

          Comment

          • SeattleUte
            Faith crisis consultant
            • Nov 2008
            • 20837

            #20
            Originally posted by mpfunk View Post
            I wish you would stop with all the recruit ranking crap. We are losing a good form of smack with every single post bragging about recruiting rankings.
            I'm sorry you take those rankings as seriously as BYU fans do. It wouldn't be interesting to me if they didn't.
            When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

            --Jonathan Swift

            Comment

            • Blueintheface
              Senior Member
              • Sep 2009
              • 15382

              #21
              Originally posted by SeattleUte View Post
              I'm sorry you take those rankings as seriously as BYU fans do. It wouldn't be interesting to me if they didn't.
              I've never seen someone crab-walk that fast in my life.
              "Either evolution or intelligent design can account for the athlete, but neither can account for the sports fan." - Robert Brault

              "Once I seen the trades go down and the other guys signed elsewhere," he said, "I knew it was my time now." - Derrick Favors

              Comment

              • MartyFunkhouser
                Disciple of RNGesus
                • Nov 2008
                • 18751

                #22
                Originally posted by SeattleUte View Post
                I'm sorry you take those rankings as seriously as BYU fans do. It wouldn't be interesting to me if they didn't.
                Um, the point is that I don't take the recruit rankings seriously at all. It is such a crap shoot and the coaches ability to develop players will have a much bigger impact on the program than which school has the higher ranked class.

                February championships are for BYU fans.
                As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
                --Kendrick Lamar

                Comment

                • SeattleUte
                  Faith crisis consultant
                  • Nov 2008
                  • 20837

                  #23
                  Originally posted by mpfunk View Post
                  Um, the point is that I don't take the recruit rankings seriously at all. It is such a crap shoot and the coaches ability to develop players will have a much bigger impact on the program than which school has the higher ranked class.

                  February championships are for BYU fans.
                  I am the one who wrote the book here on why they are a joke. But if you don't see the smack (and humor) opportunity in the Utes winding up ahead in the Rivals rankings (exactly as I predicted, by the way) after the repeated nonsense here about BYU's historic class--and Utah's catastrophic decommits--you are smack and humor challenged. You probably think "we're doomed" is a witty rejoinder. Or, perhaps you are a zoob in a red outfit.
                  When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

                  --Jonathan Swift

                  Comment

                  Working...