You guys are really over-analyzing a verbal statement made by someone who is not known for his oratory. Let me know when Bronco starts violating written policy.
2011 BYU recruiting........
Collapse
X
-
Oration.Originally posted by Jacob View PostYou guys are really over-analyzing a verbal statement made by someone who is not known for his oratory. Let me know when Bronco starts violating written policy.
Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.
Dig your own grave, and save!
"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American
"I know that you are one of the cool and 'edgy' BYU fans" -- Wally
GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!
Comment
-
Biegel claims his comments were embellished by the BYU Scout writers:
Says he still speaks to BYU and will probably take in a game next season, but is "100% committed to Wisconsin."
Comment
-
Reading the Wisconsin based article, it isn't that different from what TBS wrote. Just a little bit different emphasis. I could see any number of things being true:Originally posted by HBCoug View PostBiegel claims his comments were embellished by the BYU Scout writers:
Says he still speaks to BYU and will probably take in a game next season, but is "100% committed to Wisconsin."
1. The fans-turned-"journalists" that run TBS got carried away and quoted Beigel in a light that's was more pro-BYU than reality.
2. Beigel was accurately quoted, which ruffled feathers in Madison, and now he's backtracking a bit."Sure, I fought. I had to fight all my life just to survive. They were all against me. Tried every dirty trick to cut me down, but I beat the bastards and left them in the ditch."
- Ty Cobb
Comment
-
I've said this before. Recruiting sites really blur the line between fan and journalist. Kids aren't savvy enough to navigate that. Here you have a guy that's obviously a fan, asking you stuff like "You love BYU, right??" "You're definitely considering BYU, right?" "How strong was the Holy Ghost on your recruiting trip? I bet it was real strong, right?" What's a kid gonna say to that? Every year we have fiascos. Don't crucify the kids over this stuff.
Comment
-
Being from Wisconsin and knowing the culture, I am willing to bet Beigel feels more pressure from people in Wisconsin to stay, than he does from people in the LDS Church to go to BYU.
Comment
-
Is that just speculation or does he have something more than that on those two recruits?DeepShadesBlue
BYU FB recruiting watch... don't be surprised if Cougars get commitments from Ah Ching and Pauu this weekend, both will be in town.
Comment
-
I hope he has something. Those would be two very good gets. Throw in Hinds and I think that's as good as BYU could do in most seasons.Originally posted by BGRTHNUMEGO View PostIs that just speculation or does he have something more than that on those two recruits?"Nobody listens to Turtle."-Turtlesigpic
Comment
-
Pauu could commit -- he's bringing a Servite teammate up to camp with him hoping to give him a good look in front of BYU coaches. Ah Ching doesn't currently have an offer and probably won't get one unless he gets much faster. I would imagine a kid who will get offered this weekend who could conceivably commit would be Sawyer Powell, LB out of WA state. Currently has an OSU offer and produced the top SPARQ score for all LBs this year (something like 7th overall).Originally posted by BGRTHNUMEGO View PostIs that just speculation or does he have something more than that on those two recruits?
Comment
-
Pau'u sounds pretty good, Ah Ching sounds iffy. However, with an Ah Ching and a Ho Ching that is pretty cool!Originally posted by Surfah View PostI hope he has something. Those would be two very good gets. Throw in Hinds and I think that's as good as BYU could do in most seasons.
IMO, BYU needs at least one from the Hinds, Kumatale, Fanaika, Lutui gang, two would really make me happy!
I thought Ryker Mathews is the only one from last years haul that sounded like legitimate NFL caliber natural talent. Mangum might be close this year, he was a good pick up but BYU needs more than just one NFL caliber talent prospect per year to be good. Given the reliance on the LDS base, famines and feasts will naturally occur but back to back years of minimal eye popping talent is rarely a good thing.Do Your Damnedest In An Ostentatious Manner All The Time!
-General George S. Patton
I'm choosing to mostly ignore your fatuity here and instead overwhelm you with so much data that you'll maybe, just maybe, realize that you have reams to read on this subject before you can contribute meaningfully to any conversation on this topic.
-DOCTOR Wuap
Comment
-
How big is Powell now? Is he projecting more as a OLB or S on the next level?Originally posted by HBCoug View PostPauu could commit -- he's bringing a Servite teammate up to camp with him hoping to give him a good look in front of BYU coaches. Ah Ching doesn't currently have an offer and probably won't get one unless he gets much faster. I would imagine a kid who will get offered this weekend who could conceivably commit would be Sawyer Powell, LB out of WA state. Currently has an OSU offer and produced the top SPARQ score for all LBs this year (something like 7th overall).
Comment
-
It's too bad that my family doesn't have anyone to pair up with them. Commentators would have a field day.Originally posted by Goatnapper'96 View PostPau'u sounds pretty good, Ah Ching sounds iffy. However, with an Ah Ching and a Ho Ching that is pretty cool!
IMO, BYU needs at least one from the Hinds, Kumatale, Fanaika, Lutui gang, two would really make me happy!
I thought Ryker Mathews is the only one from last years haul that sounded like legitimate NFL caliber natural talent. Mangum might be close this year, he was a good pick up but BYU needs more than just one NFL caliber talent prospect per year to be good. Given the reliance on the LDS base, famines and feasts will naturally occur but back to back years of minimal eye popping talent is rarely a good thing."Nobody listens to Turtle."-Turtlesigpic
Comment
-
Go ahead and take Ah Ching. Like HB said, I don't think that kid has an offer or any of the offers he claims to have. He isn't fast enough to play LB at the next level.Originally posted by Surfah View PostI hope he has something. Those would be two very good gets. Throw in Hinds and I think that's as good as BYU could do in most seasons.
Do you know something new about Hinds?Last edited by Hot Lunch; 06-17-2011, 01:01 PM."Take it to the Bank"
Comment
-
I forgot about Powell, if this SPARQ stuff is legit he could be a recruit legitimately referred to as NFL type of natural talent. My concern is for him to not be getting attention until these camps he might be a great athlete who is not a great football player, however BYU's defense is at hits best when its OLBs are its best athletes on the field.Originally posted by HBCoug View PostPauu could commit -- he's bringing a Servite teammate up to camp with him hoping to give him a good look in front of BYU coaches. Ah Ching doesn't currently have an offer and probably won't get one unless he gets much faster. I would imagine a kid who will get offered this weekend who could conceivably commit would be Sawyer Powell, LB out of WA state. Currently has an OSU offer and produced the top SPARQ score for all LBs this year (something like 7th overall).Do Your Damnedest In An Ostentatious Manner All The Time!
-General George S. Patton
I'm choosing to mostly ignore your fatuity here and instead overwhelm you with so much data that you'll maybe, just maybe, realize that you have reams to read on this subject before you can contribute meaningfully to any conversation on this topic.
-DOCTOR Wuap
Comment
-
I don't think they have any shot with Kaumatule or Lutui. Fanaika really like Stanford and BYU -- maybe in that order. Depending on who you ask, Hinds could end up at BYU, Utah, or Nebraska.Originally posted by Goatnapper'96 View PostPau'u sounds pretty good, Ah Ching sounds iffy. However, with an Ah Ching and a Ho Ching that is pretty cool!
IMO, BYU needs at least one from the Hinds, Kumatale, Fanaika, Lutui gang, two would really make me happy!
I thought Ryker Mathews is the only one from last years haul that sounded like legitimate NFL caliber natural talent. Mangum might be close this year, he was a good pick up but BYU needs more than just one NFL caliber talent prospect per year to be good. Given the reliance on the LDS base, famines and feasts will naturally occur but back to back years of minimal eye popping talent is rarely a good thing.
Comment
Comment