The OFFICIAL Utah decommit thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • cougjunkie
    *Banned*
    • Nov 2008
    • 23223

    #16
    Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
    Seantrel Henderson is still uncommitted. He is The Vest's to lose, but anything is possible with Whit in the mix!
    Yeah Whit has a legit shot at Seantrel Henderson, Marcus Lattimore, Jackson Jeffcoat, Jordan Hicks, Christian Jones, Markeith Ambles and Gabe King. I am sure Florida, USC, Ohio State etc. are not going to find a spot for them so they are going to trickle down to the likes of Utah. Unless of course San Diego State or Houston swoop in.
    *Banned*

    Comment

    • LiveCoug
      LA Ute loves me
      • Nov 2008
      • 18489

      #17
      Originally posted by SeattleUte View Post
      lol one of those 4 stars is higher rated than the deified abo. I have reason to belive there will be more 4 stars. BYU has only four of them in its 29, and no five stars.
      You love you some Rivals and Rivals only, donchya?

      Comment

      • Surfah
        Where's Wallace?
        • Nov 2008
        • 33726

        #18
        Originally posted by SeattleUte View Post
        lol one of those 4 stars is higher rated than the deified abo. I have reason to belive there will be more 4 stars. BYU has only four of them in its 29, and no five stars.
        Apo de-committed from Texas to play for BYU.
        "Nobody listens to Turtle."
        -Turtle
        sigpic

        Comment

        • cougjunkie
          *Banned*
          • Nov 2008
          • 23223

          #19
          Originally posted by SeattleUte View Post
          lol one of those 4 stars is higher rated than the deified abo. I have reason to belive there will be more 4 stars. BYU has only four of them in its 29, and no five stars.
          Apos best offer: Texas

          Like I said their are no 100% accurate ways to figure out how good someone is going to be in college, but a good barometer is the offers they have. Apo was actually a Texas commit at one point and was also invited to the US Army All-American and the UA all-american game. (he chose the Army game).

          Your argument holds no water on this one.
          *Banned*

          Comment

          • falafel
            loves to talk on things
            • Mar 2009
            • 37996

            #20
            Originally posted by Coastal Ute View Post
            Utah will never again win an MWC championship.

            Let's just remember how many of these 4 star recruits actually perform at the D-1 level when they get there.
            I love this type of response. "We don't need them anyway! lol!"
            Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

            Dig your own grave, and save!

            "The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

            "I know that you are one of the cool and 'edgy' BYU fans" -- Wally

            GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

            Comment

            • cougjunkie
              *Banned*
              • Nov 2008
              • 23223

              #21
              Originally posted by falafel View Post
              I love this type of response. "We don't need them anyway! lol!"
              Yep that one or the comparison to Boises recruiting classes. Utah is not Boise, Boise has not finished 3rd in the WAC twice in the past 3 years.
              *Banned*

              Comment

              • TripletDaddy
                sweet triple
                • Nov 2008
                • 58186

                #22
                Originally posted by Surfah View Post
                Apo de-committed from Texas to play for BYU.
                I think he is talking about Bond girl Maryam D'Abo, who is rumored to be considering a degree at BYU.

                Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

                sigpic

                Comment

                • SeattleUte
                  Faith crisis consultant
                  • Nov 2008
                  • 20837

                  #23
                  Originally posted by Surfah View Post
                  Apo de-committed from Texas to play for BYU.
                  Link? I think this is an urban legend. Also, Utah has players more highly rated than Texas recruits. Those programs stockpile guys.

                  I am correct that eitehr Reese or Scott is rated higher than Abo (I can't remember which right now).
                  When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

                  --Jonathan Swift

                  Comment

                  • TripletDaddy
                    sweet triple
                    • Nov 2008
                    • 58186

                    #24
                    Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
                    Yeah Whit has a legit shot at Seantrel Henderson, Marcus Lattimore, Jackson Jeffcoat, Jordan Hicks, Christian Jones, Markeith Ambles and Gabe King. I am sure Florida, USC, Ohio State etc. are not going to find a spot for them so they are going to trickle down to the likes of Utah. Unless of course San Diego State or Houston swoop in.
                    Some of those recruits are just flat out hot!

                    PS SC still in the mix for Jeffcoat and Ambles. I think Seantrel goes with the Luckeyes, as does Hicks. Dillon Baxter re-committed to SC on the news two nights ago, so that was huge. Going to be a great class for SC this year.
                    Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

                    sigpic

                    Comment

                    • SeattleUte
                      Faith crisis consultant
                      • Nov 2008
                      • 20837

                      #25
                      Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
                      Some of those recruits are just flat out hot!

                      PS SC still in the mix for Jeffcoat and Ambles. I think Seantrel goes with the Luckeyes, as does Hicks. Dillon Baxter re-committed to SC on the news two nights ago, so that was huge. Going to be a great class for SC this year.
                      Granted, we can't compete with cheaters. We can't compete with suitcases full of cash.
                      When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

                      --Jonathan Swift

                      Comment

                      • Hot Lunch
                        Out of Office
                        • Nov 2008
                        • 7842

                        #26
                        Originally posted by SeattleUte View Post
                        lol one of those 4 stars is higher rated than the deified abo. I have reason to belive there will be more 4 stars. BYU has only four of them in its 29, and no five stars.
                        Are you sure he is higher than Apo? I saw on both Scout and Rivals he is higher than any Utah recruit.
                        "Take it to the Bank"

                        Comment

                        • TripletDaddy
                          sweet triple
                          • Nov 2008
                          • 58186

                          #27
                          Originally posted by SeattleUte View Post
                          Granted, we can't compete with cheaters. We can't compete with suitcases full of cash.
                          You are admitting that Utah can't compete with USC?

                          That is an interesting sidebar.
                          Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

                          sigpic

                          Comment

                          • Surfah
                            Where's Wallace?
                            • Nov 2008
                            • 33726

                            #28
                            Originally posted by Hot Lunch View Post
                            Are you sure he is higher than Apo? I saw on both Scout and Rivals he is higher than any Utah recruit.
                            Apo is also rated higher per ESPN's rankings.
                            "Nobody listens to Turtle."
                            -Turtle
                            sigpic

                            Comment

                            • Hot Lunch
                              Out of Office
                              • Nov 2008
                              • 7842

                              #29
                              Originally posted by SeattleUte View Post
                              Link? I think this is an urban legend. Also, Utah has players more highly rated than Texas recruits. Those programs stockpile guys.

                              I am correct that eitehr Reese or Scott is rated higher than Abo (I can't remember which right now).
                              Rivals wide out list and Apo is the #13 rated Wide out



                              Scout Apo is #14



                              Both services have him well ahead of the Utah guys. Reese is the highest rated Ute wide out. Rated very high and is a great get but he isn't as high as or higher than Apo.
                              "Take it to the Bank"

                              Comment

                              • LiveCoug
                                LA Ute loves me
                                • Nov 2008
                                • 18489

                                #30
                                Originally posted by Hot Lunch View Post
                                Are you sure he is higher than Apo? I saw on both Scout and Rivals he is higher than any Utah recruit.
                                Since SU loves Rivals so much....

                                Comment

                                Working...