Talk heating up about Big 10 expansion talk heating up!

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Babs
    Not a Lawyer
    • Nov 2008
    • 17128

    #16
    Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
    Thank you dabrockster. I think the emoticon you chose is a very accurate portrayal.
    And the almighty Triplet needing dabrockstar to double team the babster. That pretty much says it all.

    Comment

    • TripletDaddy
      sweet triple
      • Nov 2008
      • 58186

      #17
      Originally posted by Babs View Post
      And the almighty Triplet needing dabrockstar to double team the babster. That pretty much says it all.
      I will say this much....you aren't going down without a fight.

      For the record, I didn't throw any jabs in that other thread. While everyone else was pummeling you, I simply asked one clarification question. I tried to be a respectful bystander.

      Fortunately there are no good Samaritan laws on internet message boards, otherwise my passive approach in your time of need would have definitely landed me in some serious trouble.

      In all honesty, I would be curious what dabrockster would have said had he actually participated in yesterday's B12 debacle.
      Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

      sigpic

      Comment

      • SoCalCoug
        Ragnar Lodbrok Descendant
        • Nov 2008
        • 5214

        #18
        Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
        I would think that TCU would be the best fit for them.
        It's all about television sets, and the Big XII already has TCU's television market. With BYU, they could capture a foothold in the # 31 television market, and perhaps even more widespread.

        I think BYU is the best fit, especially if Colorado jumps to the PAC-10.
        If we disagree on something, it's because you're wrong.

        "Somebody needs to kill my trial attorney." — Last words of George Harris, executed in Missouri on Sept. 13, 2000.

        "Nothing is too good to be true, nothing is too good to last, nothing is too wonderful to happen." - Florence Scoville Shinn

        Comment

        • Jeff Lebowski
          Corporate lackey for Jesus
          • Nov 2008
          • 69696

          #19
          Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
          I will say this much....you aren't going down without a fight.

          For the record, I didn't throw any jabs in that other thread. While everyone else was pummeling you, I simply asked one clarification question. I tried to be a respectful bystander.

          Fortunately there are no good Samaritan laws on internet message boards, otherwise my passive approach in your time of need would have definitely landed me in some serious trouble.

          In all honesty, I would be curious what dabrockster would have said had he actually participated in yesterday's B12 debacle.
          I didn't follow the thread in question too closely so maybe someone can fill me in on this alleged beatdown. I seem to recall that Babs made the case that the current members of the B12 have far more national championships than the B10. Did someone disprove this?
          "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
          "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
          "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

          Comment

          • Babs
            Not a Lawyer
            • Nov 2008
            • 17128

            #20
            Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
            I didn't follow the thread in question too closely so maybe someone can fill me in on this alleged beatdown. I seem to recall that Babs made the case that the current members of the B12 have far more national championships than the B10. Did someone disprove this?
            I didn't say "far." I said "bar." The teams of the Big 12 have more AP, coaches, and BCS titles than any other conference, bar none. The only counterargument made was that the difference in number was inconsequential.




            .
            Last edited by Babs; 12-17-2009, 10:49 AM. Reason: noun, meet verb

            Comment

            • TripletDaddy
              sweet triple
              • Nov 2008
              • 58186

              #21
              Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
              I didn't follow the thread in question too closely so maybe someone can fill me in on this alleged beatdown. I seem to recall that Babs made the case that the current members of the B12 have far more national championships than the B10. Did someone disprove this?
              Babes kinda started making stuff up...first a claim of "national championships," as opposed to "football national championships." I think the intent was to sales puff the B12 right out of the gate and hope nobody would notice.

              Obviously, I roped and hog tied that claim in record time. You have to bare careful with these crafty, silver-tongued posters that can twist things around, you know.

              Later there were some allegations of false claims about the SEC in BCS national championship games. The allegations were proved to be correct and the original claim was recanted.

              At that point, all credibility had been lost and people started dancing on the corpse, so to speak. It was ugly and I chose to not participate. Sounds like dabrockster also exercised restraint, a very gentlemanly gesture if you ask me.
              Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

              sigpic

              Comment

              • Babs
                Not a Lawyer
                • Nov 2008
                • 17128

                #22
                Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
                I will say this much....you aren't going down without a fight.

                For the record, I didn't throw any jabs in that other thread. While everyone else was pummeling you, I simply asked one clarification question. I tried to be a respectful bystander.

                Fortunately there are no good Samaritan laws on internet message boards, otherwise my passive approach in your time of need would have definitely landed me in some serious trouble.

                In all honesty, I would be curious what dabrockster would have said had he actually participated in yesterday's B12 debacle.
                Interesting that you guys are grasping at straws with which to beat down the Big 12 in one thread, yet obsessively and somewhat desperately hoping to be found worthy of admission to the same conference in all the others.

                Honestly, it reminds me quite a bit of how posters like Triplet and Lingo lob cheap insults at babs, while simulaneously following her all over the board, clamoring for acknowledgement.

                Comment

                • dabrockster
                  Senior Member
                  • Aug 2009
                  • 10947

                  #23
                  Originally posted by Babs View Post
                  And the almighty Triplet needing dabrockstar to double team the babster. That pretty much says it all.
                  Hmm. Sounds kinky...

                  Comment

                  • dabrockster
                    Senior Member
                    • Aug 2009
                    • 10947

                    #24
                    Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
                    Babes kinda started making stuff up...first a claim of "national championships," as opposed to "football national championships." I think the intent was to sales puff the B12 right out of the gate and hope nobody would notice.

                    Obviously, I roped and hog tied that claim in record time. You have to bare careful with these crafty, silver-tongued posters that can twist things around, you know.

                    Later there were some allegations of false claims about the SEC in BCS national championship games. The allegations were proved to be correct and the original claim was recanted.

                    At that point, all credibility had been lost and people started dancing on the corpse, so to speak. It was ugly and I chose to not participate. Sounds like dabrockster also exercised restraint, a very gentlemanly gesture if you ask me.
                    Truthfully, I didn't know where to start building an argument. First she was talking about BCS titles and then switched to AP, National and all sorts of other NC titles.. So i just choose not to try and shoot such a moving target..

                    Its like playing any game with my son. He changes the rules as we go...

                    Comment

                    Working...