Talk heating up about Big 10 expansion talk heating up!

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • TripletDaddy
    sweet triple
    • Nov 2008
    • 58186

    #1

    Talk heating up about Big 10 expansion talk heating up!



    Pack mentality against the Big 12
    Babes retreating/making stuff up
    Donute sniping from a perch

    this one is a doozy!

    :stirthepot:
    Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

    sigpic
  • SteelBlue
    Senior Member
    • Nov 2008
    • 8189

    #2
    Lol. Nice!

    Comment

    • YOhio
      Hipster Mode
      • Nov 2008
      • 26165

      #3
      Hey, you're stirring the pot!

      Comment

      • Moliere
        One man.....one pie
        • Oct 2009
        • 27878

        #4
        Funny how the thread has nothing to do with athletic expansion talk.

        If the Big XII loses Missouri, why would they take BYU over TCU? TCU just fits geographically.
        "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

        Comment

        • Jeff Lebowski
          Corporate lackey for Jesus
          • Nov 2008
          • 69696

          #5
          Originally posted by Eddie Jones View Post
          Funny how the thread has nothing to do with athletic expansion talk.

          If the Big XII loses Missouri, why would they take BYU over TCU? TCU just fits geographically.
          I would think that TCU would be the best fit for them.
          "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
          "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
          "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

          Comment

          • Surfah
            Where's Wallace?
            • Nov 2008
            • 33726

            #6
            Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
            I would think that TCU would be the best fit for them.
            Bye-bye MWC autobid if that ever happened.
            "Nobody listens to Turtle."
            -Turtle
            sigpic

            Comment

            • Jarid in Cedar
              CS Institutional Memory
              • Jun 2009
              • 13234

              #7
              Originally posted by Surfah View Post
              Bye-bye MWC autobid if that ever happened.
              yup yup yup
              "The first thing I learned upon becoming a head coach after fifteen years as an assistant was the enormous difference between making a suggestion and making a decision."

              "They talk about the economy this year. Hey, my hairline is in recession, my waistline is in inflation. Altogether, I'm in a depression."

              "I like to bike. I could beat Lance Armstrong, only because he couldn't pass me if he was behind me."

              -Rick Majerus

              Comment

              • Hallelujah
                Junior Member
                • Dec 2008
                • 2741

                #8
                Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
                http://www.cougaruteforum.com/showthread.php?t=15289

                Pack mentality against the Big 12
                Babes retreating/making stuff up
                Donute sniping from a perch

                this one is a doozy!

                :stirthepot:
                boy. byu has fallen. even though they have won 10 games in the last 3/4 seasons (too tired to look it up) and the assumption that BYU would be picked over Utah for the pac-10, things have really turned for the worse if you are a byu fan. superiority complex gone awry?

                Comment

                • Babs
                  Not a Lawyer
                  • Nov 2008
                  • 17128

                  #9
                  As usual, TripletDaddy can't start a thread without invoking Babs first thing.

                  I feel like lady gaga with her papa-paparazzi.

                  Comment

                  • Clark Addison
                    Senior Member
                    • Nov 2008
                    • 10306

                    #10
                    Originally posted by Hallelujah View Post
                    boy. byu has fallen. even though they have won 10 games in the last 3/4 seasons (too tired to look it up) and the assumption that BYU would be picked over Utah for the pac-10, things have really turned for the worse if you are a byu fan. superiority complex gone awry?
                    So you are saying that the Church should reverse its stance on Prop 8?

                    Interesting.

                    Comment

                    • Hallelujah
                      Junior Member
                      • Dec 2008
                      • 2741

                      #11
                      Originally posted by Clark Addison View Post
                      So you are saying that the Church should reverse its stance on Prop 8?

                      Interesting.
                      Uh?

                      So now it's prop 8 that's keeping byu out of the pac-10? The fact is that Utah wasn't considered good enough for the pac-10 at one point and now they are and BYU isn't. that was my point.

                      Comment

                      • TripletDaddy
                        sweet triple
                        • Nov 2008
                        • 58186

                        #12
                        Originally posted by Babs View Post
                        As usual, TripletDaddy can't start a thread without invoking Babs first thing.

                        I feel like lady gaga with her papa-paparazzi.
                        I started this thread to save you from the beatdown beefytee and others were heaping on you in the other thread. Everyone was piling on and you had nowhere to run. It was like watching someone be buried alive. Very uncomfortable.

                        You should be thanking me.
                        Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

                        sigpic

                        Comment

                        • dabrockster
                          Senior Member
                          • Aug 2009
                          • 10947

                          #13
                          Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
                          I started this thread to save you from the beatdown beefytee and others were heaping on you in the other thread. Everyone was piling on and you had nowhere to run. It was like watching someone be buried alive. Very uncomfortable.

                          You should be thanking me.
                          It was sad to watch.

                          I didn't even feel the need to chime in on the Big 10 vs Big 12 tradition beatdown she was taking..

                          Comment

                          • Babs
                            Not a Lawyer
                            • Nov 2008
                            • 17128

                            #14
                            Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
                            I started this thread to save you from the beatdown beefytee and others were heaping on you in the other thread. Everyone was piling on and you had nowhere to run. It was like watching someone be buried alive. Very uncomfortable.

                            You should be thanking me.
                            yawn. So sad to see a bunch of otherwise self-respecting fans resort to borrowing somebody else's conference to attempt a smackfest. No wonder y'all want in the Big 12.

                            Comment

                            • TripletDaddy
                              sweet triple
                              • Nov 2008
                              • 58186

                              #15
                              Originally posted by dabrockster View Post
                              It was sad to watch.

                              I didn't even feel the need to chime in on the Big 10 vs Big 12 tradition beatdown she was taking..
                              Thank you dabrockster. I think the emoticon you chose is a very accurate portrayal.
                              Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

                              sigpic

                              Comment

                              Working...