Max 'The Bastard' Hall

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Maximus
    Senior Member
    • Sep 2009
    • 6027

    #16
    I think this is another moment of over reaction.

    Comment

    • Colly Wolly
      Junior Member
      • Nov 2008
      • 1824

      #17
      Andrew George being much more diplomatic than Max, but still reiterating his points.

      Comment

      • woot
        Resident Science Cop
        • Nov 2008
        • 5531

        #18
        I'll wait to react until I hear Max's comments, but it does seem true that there is a subset of mormondom that is so insular as to consider anyone who ever drinks beer to be inferior or even sinful. This is probably the source of a lot of the ridiculous stereotypes. It is fun that even despite this Wyoming is said to prefer urine.

        Comment

        • Viking
          Banned
          • Jun 2009
          • 6470

          #19
          Originally posted by woot View Post
          I'll wait to react until I hear Max's comments, but it does seem true that there is a subset of mormondom that is so insular as to consider anyone who ever drinks beer to be inferior or even sinful. This is probably the source of a lot of the ridiculous stereotypes. It is fun that even despite this Wyoming is said to prefer urine.
          I cheered for the cougars, told the utes to go f-themselves a few times and enjoyed a small glass of wine after the victory. I will attend church with my active wife tomorrow.

          Beer isn't evil...it just doesn't taste very good (except for Skol in Brazil. Pretty good).

          Comment

          • Fiyero
            Banned
            • Nov 2008
            • 5266

            #20
            I'd like to see Max publish a list of gospel do's and don'ts, fresh off of his cursing out of Utah.

            Comment

            • SloanHater
              Banned
              • Feb 2009
              • 1348

              #21
              Originally posted by Colly Wolly View Post
              Andrew George being much more diplomatic than Max, but still reiterating his points.
              The best part. I don't remember them talking shit after last year's game. I guess no better time to take a shot then when you're headed out the door and don't have to worry about taking a beating next year.

              Comment

              • Colly Wolly
                Junior Member
                • Nov 2008
                • 1824

                #22
                Originally posted by Fiyero View Post
                I'd like to see Max publish a list of gospel do's and don'ts, fresh off of his cursing out of Utah.
                Cursing out? More like verbally dressing down, but definitely not cursing out.

                Comment

                • Colly Wolly
                  Junior Member
                  • Nov 2008
                  • 1824

                  #23
                  Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar
                  Eschewing profanity and not speaking ill of one's enemies were a focus of Max's mission.
                  Did he curse? Maybe I missed it.

                  Comment

                  • New Mexican Disaster
                    Suomalainen
                    • Nov 2008
                    • 4549

                    #24
                    Originally posted by Viking
                    He technically didn't curse out Utah. He cursed himself out. The quote (on national TV) was: "fuck me"
                    Yes and it was quite clear. Rarely have I been so proud.

                    Comment

                    • SeattleUte
                      Faith crisis consultant
                      • Nov 2008
                      • 20837

                      #25
                      Who cares about Max Hall. He's history. This was his climactic season; the climax of his last four years of blood, sweat and tears at BYU. Kind of like Brian Johnson last year. Are you all happy with it? Now it's time for BYU to find someone to fill his shoes.
                      When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

                      --Jonathan Swift

                      Comment

                      • Colly Wolly
                        Junior Member
                        • Nov 2008
                        • 1824

                        #26
                        Originally posted by SeattleUte View Post
                        Who cares about Max Hall. He's history. This was his climactic season; the climax of his last four years of blood, sweat and tears at BYU. Kind of like Brian Johnson last year. Are you all happy with it? Now it's time for BYU to find someone to fill his shoes.
                        I care about Max Hall. Truly, madly, deeply.

                        Comment

                        • YOhio
                          Hipster Mode
                          • Nov 2008
                          • 26165

                          #27
                          Originally posted by SeattleUte View Post
                          Who cares about Max Hall.
                          Those who lust after outrage and disappointment in others.

                          Comment

                          • Fiyero
                            Banned
                            • Nov 2008
                            • 5266

                            #28
                            Did Max seal the OPOY tonight, by not having a disastrous game?

                            Comment

                            • Colly Wolly
                              Junior Member
                              • Nov 2008
                              • 1824

                              #29
                              Originally posted by Fiyero View Post
                              Did Max seal the OPOY tonight, by not having a disastrous game?
                              Dalton should get it.

                              Comment

                              • Fiyero
                                Banned
                                • Nov 2008
                                • 5266

                                #30
                                Originally posted by Colly Wolly View Post
                                Dalton should get it.
                                Should, yes, but the MWC has shown year after year that they treat it like a career-long award, and methinks it was Max's to lose going into this game.

                                Comment

                                Working...