Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are there any Utah Fans on this board.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Goatnapper'96 View Post
    Next question is there a fan of the Utes that is LDS who did not turn down some form of scholarship to the BYU?
    lol! There does seem to be a strange consistency to these stories.

Comment

Originally posted by Senioritis View Post
      Me. I didn't even apply. Piss on 'em.
      "Be a philosopher. A man can compromise to gain a point. It has become apparent that a man can, within limits, follow his inclinations within the arms of the Church if he does so discreetly." - The Walking Drum

"And here’s what life comes down to—not how many years you live, but how many of those years are filled with bullshit that doesn’t amount to anything to satisfy the requirements of some dickhead you’ll never get the pleasure of punching in the face." – Adam Carolla

Comment

But you left high school early to go act in a round theatre in Jackson Hole. Uhhhhhh big loss on that one! One of the few who actually could enjoy all the faggity fine arts crap with all that clogging and ballroom dancing and you wouldn't even give the BYU a whiff of your Marisa Tomei queeve loving nose!

Damn shame I tell you.
        Do Your Damnedest In An Ostentatious Manner All The Time!
        -General George S. Patton

I'm choosing to mostly ignore your fatuity here and instead overwhelm you with so much data that you'll maybe, just maybe, realize that you have reams to read on this subject before you can contribute meaningfully to any conversation on this topic.
        -DOCTOR Wuap

Comment

None of these guys applied. BYU begged them to come.
          Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
            Why do people think it shows greater allegiance to their school by saying they turned down "honors and presidential scholarships" it makes you look like an idiot for choosing a rivalry over education.
            I didn't turn down an education, thank you very much. And, if you lived in Utah, your tax money helped pay for my scholarship, thank you very much.

I suppose what you are inferring is that there is never any reason to attend the U. and not BYU if both options are open to you?

Comment

But you left high school early to go act in a round theatre in Jackson Hole. Uhhhhhh big loss on that one! One of the few who actually could enjoy all the faggity fine arts crap with all that clogging and ballroom dancing and you wouldn't even give the BYU a whiff of your Marisa Tomei queeve loving nose!

Damn shame I tell you.
              It wasn't round, but it did have a leaky roof.

To clarify, I'm quite sure that, had I applied to the BYU, the serious disinterest would have been mutual.

They were interested in people who "went to class" and "got good grades" and "wiped properly." I was interested in staying as far away as possible from the shmarmy, self assured, seminary council crew from BHS that ended up down there, regardless of the breathtaking artistry of the BYU folk dancers.

It was a win-win!

Comment

Originally posted by YOhio View Post
                lol! There does seem to be a strange consistency to these stories.
                I think there is a subtle message there....it is...I WAS ACCEPTED TO BYU!!!!!!
                Do Your Damnedest In An Ostentatious Manner All The Time!
                -General George S. Patton

I'm choosing to mostly ignore your fatuity here and instead overwhelm you with so much data that you'll maybe, just maybe, realize that you have reams to read on this subject before you can contribute meaningfully to any conversation on this topic.
                -DOCTOR Wuap

Comment

Originally posted by Eddie Jones View Post
                  Or it would be like the local Wal-mart company party.
                  Only if you are talking corporate.

Comment

To clarify, I'm quite sure that, had I applied to the BYU, the serious disinterest would have been mutual.

They were interested in people who "went to class" and "got good grades" and "wiped properly." I was interested in staying as far away as possible from the shmarmy, self assured, seminary council crew from BHS that ended up down there, regardless of the breathtaking artistry of the BYU folk dancers.

It was a win-win!
                    Ditto with Senioritis except I wiped properly back then (not anymore though).
                    "Be a philosopher. A man can compromise to gain a point. It has become apparent that a man can, within limits, follow his inclinations within the arms of the Church if he does so discreetly." - The Walking Drum

"And here’s what life comes down to—not how many years you live, but how many of those years are filled with bullshit that doesn’t amount to anything to satisfy the requirements of some dickhead you’ll never get the pleasure of punching in the face." – Adam Carolla

Comment

Originally posted by Portland Ute View Post
                      I didn't turn down an education, thank you very much. And, if you lived in Utah, your tax money helped pay for my scholarship, thank you very much.

I suppose what you are inferring is that there is never any reason to attend the U. and not BYU if both options are open to you?
                      I think what he's implying is that you turned down free education in order to pay for it yourself just based on your sports loyalties.
                      Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

It is interesting that those who aren't BYU fans have bought into some of the BYU fan bull shitdom. That is if you are accomplished and a member in good standing, you will choose BYU.

I have met a number of people, mostly Utes, who have let me know they could have gone to BYU, but chose not to.

I find it odd because I chose a baseball scholarship at USU over one at the Y. I guess back in my day that wasn't odd. Most kids if they had an good alternative, didn't chosse the Y.

Comment

Originally posted by falafel View Post
                          I think what he's implying is that you turned down free education in order to pay for it yourself just based on your sports loyalties.

I turned down a scholarship and accepted another. It wasn't based on sports.

Comment

Originally posted by Portland Ute View Post
                            I turned down a scholarship and accepted another. It wasn't based on sports.
                            Ah. A crucial piece of information.

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

I apologize to both you and cougwhatever. I slipped into long-ingrained habits that are unnecessary here.

Outside of the higher executing cougaruteforum, I often like to drop the bit of info that I had a scholarship to BYU and did not go to BYU when I am in church settings or around BYU fans. Reason? I'm often entertained by the reactions. "What? Why? I...uh....how could you do that? You know how many people REALLY try for those?"

Obviously, nobody here on cougaruteforum responds to such comments and they were out of place.

Comment

I have always been a Ute fan. I didn't try to apply to BYU because I wasn't going to try to get the ecclesiastic endorsement. Plus a coal miner doesn't make the scratch to help fund a private university.
                                "The first thing I learned upon becoming a head coach after fifteen years as an assistant was the enormous difference between making a suggestion and making a decision."

"They talk about the economy this year. Hey, my hairline is in recession, my waistline is in inflation. Altogether, I'm in a depression."

"I like to bike. I could beat Lance Armstrong, only because he couldn't pass me if he was behind me."

-Rick Majerus

Comment

Working...
                                X