X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SeattleUte View Post
    They hate they hate they hate...

Why would we exclude bowl games? LOL.

As is often the case, you miss the point. TCU hasn't played its bowl game (were you ever to examine a sports page, you would be aware of this). Thus, comparing a team with a partially completed schedule to one with a complete one would be unfair and pointless. I compared their partial schedules, but even that, I admit, is pointless. I really hate having to take time out of my busy schedule to explain the obvious, but for you I make sacrifices.

Comment

And btw, was there anything wrong with my assessment of 2008. The bowl win was truly impressive, but prior to the bowl game, can you identify any sentient being who believed the 2008 Utes were as good as the 2004 edition?

Comment

Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
        I really hate having to take time out of my busy schedule to explain the obvious, but for you I make sacrifices.
        Ouch! You just used your "Hallelujah voice" on SU. Brutal.

Comment

Originally posted by YOhio View Post
          Ouch! You just used your "Hallelujah voice" on SU. Brutal.
          As always, you're very astute. I did so, because SU followed Hallelujah protocol by missing the point then, with wholly unjustified smugness, tacking on an "LOL." We're both following the script.

Comment

Pitt and Texas A&M were at least as good as anyone beaten by TCU this year. Pitt was a BCS conference champion.
            Really? The best team the Utes played in 2004 was 8-4. Granted, that team played in the Big East, which is perennially a powerhouse of a conference. Nobody can dispute that. They played no team that finished ranked in the Coaches poll top 25.

TCU in 2009 has beat 3 teams currently ranked in the top 25. Two of those teams already have as many wins as Utah's best opponent in 2004, with three games remaining.

Just because the Utes handled them doesn't mean they were bad.
            True. However, according to you, a team has to play (and beat) good teams to be considered good. It wasn't Pitt's loss to Utah that made them not very good. It was the fact that they weren't very good to begin with and they only beat 2 teams with a winning record that year.

Therefore (again, by your logic, not mine), Utah wasn't very good in 2004 because they didn't beat good teams.

Comment

Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
              As always, you're very astute. I did so, because SU followed Hallelujah protocol by missing the point then, with wholly unjustified smugness, tacking on an "LOL."
              This goes on my pet peeves list. I've always wondered why people who are friendly with each other would, in effect, laugh in one another's faces in order to make a point during a friendly argument. My guess is that most here wouldn't do that outside of cyberspace, for example over a burger. Seems pretty doggone impolite to me, but what do I know?
              “There is a great deal of difference in believing something still, and believing it again.”
              ― W.H. Auden

"God made the angels to show His splendour - as He made animals for innocence and plants for their simplicity. But men and women He made to serve Him wittily, in the tangle of their minds."
              -- Robert Bolt, A Man for All Seasons

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
              --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Comment

Originally posted by TheBYUGuy View Post
                TCU in 2009 has beat 3 teams currently ranked in the top 25. Two of those teams already have as many wins as Utah's best opponent in 2004, with three games remaining.
                Utah beat 3 ranked teams in 2008 prior to the Sugar Bowl: OSU, TCU, and BYU. Then, of course, Bama made 4. So if that's the measure the 2008 Utes are still ahead of the 2009 Horned Frogs.

EDIT: Art, I assume you knew going into this thread that the outcome would be weighted towards TCU because of BYU fans who want to poke the Ute fans? There's just a hint of trolling going on here.

EDIT 2:
                Originally posted by OrangeUte View Post
                i wonder how many people who are voting TCU '09 on this poll are doing it just b/c they hate the utes.
                (EDIT for DDD's benefit: This is a rolling-eyes emoticon that expresses agreement with the post I am quoting. It's about respect. Is there an emoticon reflecting impatience with nit-pickiness?)
                Last edited by LA Ute; 11-17-2009, 03:39 PM.
                “There is a great deal of difference in believing something still, and believing it again.”
                ― W.H. Auden

"God made the angels to show His splendour - as He made animals for innocence and plants for their simplicity. But men and women He made to serve Him wittily, in the tangle of their minds."

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."

Comment

Originally posted by LA Ute View Post
                  Utah beat 3 ranked teams in 2008 prior to the Sugar Bowl: OSU, TCU, and BYU. Then, of course, Bama made 4. So if that's the measure the 2008 Utes are still ahead of the 2009 Horned Frogs.

EDIT: Art, I assume you knew going into this thread that the outcome would be weighted towards TCU because of BYU fans who want to poke the Ute fans? There's just a hint of trolling going on here.

EDIT 2:

I see your aversion to LOLs does not extend to rolling eyes.
                  Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BoylenOver View Post
                    If TCU finishes 13-0, they will be the best team the MWC has ever seen.

But to say they're the best right now is premature.
                    It just hit me. Boylenover is a BYU fan pretending to be a non-Mormon Ute friendly to Mormons and thoroughly objective about the Utes. Possibly the best Internet poser I've ever seen. But he made three mistakes. My first clue was the content of his posts (especially saying Whit would be Bronco's DC on his dream team; that went to far), my second his handle (total satire), my third was 3D's continual lionization of him. THE MOLE IS OUTED! Has any Ute ever met Boylenover in real life? I bet not.
                    When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

--Jonathan Swift

Comment

Has any Ute ever met Boylenover in real life? I bet not.
                      Cougjunkie and I ate at Denny's with BO after the Utah/BYU basketball game in Salt Lake. BO is definitely a Ute fan. At least he was that night.
                      "Take it to the Bank"

Comment

It just hit me. Boylenover is a BYU fan pretending to be a non-Mormon Ute friendly to Mormons and thoroughly objective about the Utes. Possibly the best Internet poser I've ever seen. But he made three mistakes. My first clue was the content of his posts (especially saying Whit would be Bronco's DC on his dream team; that went to far), my second his handle (total satire), my third was 3D's continual lionization of him. THE MOLE IS OUTED! Has any Ute ever met Boylenover in real life? I bet not.
                        Of all people to question another ute on his fanhood.... this is rich.

Comment

Originally posted by LA Ute View Post
                          :
                          This thread was a huge troll and the results have been....mahvulous. Who knew it could be fun, well other than SU, Scotty, Sooner...?

Comment

Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
                            I see your aversion to LOLs does not extend to rolling eyes.
                            LOL!
                            ― W.H. Auden

Comment

Has any Ute ever met Boylenover in real life? I bet not.
                              I have met him and broken bread with him twice. He's a Ute, no question about it.

(Then again, you may not be entirely sure about my status as a Ute. This is starting to have a McCarthy-esque feel to it. I am beginning to feel the fear.)

Originally posted by Art Vandelay View Post
                              This thread was a huge troll and the results have been....mahvulous.
                              We have an admitted troll here. I guess I appreciate (in the pure sense of the word) your honesty.
                              Last edited by LA Ute; 11-17-2009, 03:33 PM.
                              ― W.H. Auden

Comment

Working...
                              X