What's with fans predicting next

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Flystripper
    Degenerate Gambler
    • Nov 2008
    • 14089

    #16
    Originally posted by beefytee View Post

    I can see a hard year for the cougs next year. They will have lots of young players at skilled positions. I'm fine with one down year, knowing there is great potential there for following years.

    If that potential isn't realized in the years to follow, yes I won't be satisfied.
    Even with a rebuilding year BYU won't finish less than third in the conference and won't have more than 4 losses (Utah, TCU, FSU, Washington) Personally, I think they still go 9-3 while rebuilding and lose to Utah, TCU, and FSU.
    Dyslexics are teople poo...

    Comment

    • Blueintheface
      Senior Member
      • Sep 2009
      • 15382

      #17
      Originally posted by Flystripper View Post
      Even with a rebuilding year BYU won't finish less than third in the conference and won't have more than 4 losses (Utah, TCU, FSU, Washington) Personally, I think they still go 9-3 while rebuilding and lose to Utah, TCU, and FSU.
      I like our chances at FSU. We can't play at home anymore and FSU looks like they can't either. BYU by a TD.
      "Either evolution or intelligent design can account for the athlete, but neither can account for the sports fan." - Robert Brault

      "Once I seen the trades go down and the other guys signed elsewhere," he said, "I knew it was my time now." - Derrick Favors

      Comment

      • byu71
        Senior Member
        • Nov 2008
        • 22070

        #18
        Originally posted by beefytee View Post
        Seriously, who (around here) cares about the firesides?

        Harping on them is getting old. If CB is making a big deal of them, let CB make a big deal of them.

        I can see a hard year for the cougs next year. They will have lots of young players at skilled positions. I'm fine with one down year, knowing there is great potential there for following years.

        If that potential isn't realized in the years to follow, yes I won't be satisfied.
        In general and for the most part, I am in agreement. However, as a faithful subscriber to TBS and reader of BYU boards, we have been outrecruiting everyone in the conference ever since Bronco got here.

        How do we go from having the best recruiting classes to other teams having more talent later on? I just worry about this awesome recruiting class a few years from now being called not as talented as TCU or Utah on the field.

        Any guesses as to how that happens.

        Comment

        • Blueintheface
          Senior Member
          • Sep 2009
          • 15382

          #19
          Originally posted by byu71 View Post
          In general and for the most part, I am in agreement. However, as a faithful subscriber to TBS and reader of BYU boards, we have been outrecruiting everyone in the conference ever since Bronco got here.

          How do we go from having the best recruiting classes to other teams having more talent later on? I just worry about this awesome recruiting class a few years from now being called not as talented as TCU or Utah on the field.

          Any guesses as to how that happens.
          Witchcraft. Either that or those other two coaches can really spot talent in the rough or coach 'em up, as they say. I think it's dumb to go get a fast kid with few offers and try to turn him into a football player or put him in other positions on the field that might better suit his skillset. Oh wait, no, that would be a good thing.
          "Either evolution or intelligent design can account for the athlete, but neither can account for the sports fan." - Robert Brault

          "Once I seen the trades go down and the other guys signed elsewhere," he said, "I knew it was my time now." - Derrick Favors

          Comment

          • U-Ute
            Non member
            • Aug 2009
            • 2071

            #20
            Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
            You already tried this lame tactic in another thread and it failed miserably. Why go to the well again?
            Eh? It was a valid question.

            I assumed he thought BYU would win the rivalry game, but Utah has 2 other games besides that.

            I didn't think he was thinking regular season only.

            U-Ute

            Comment

            Working...