O-line not ashamed...

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • beelzebabette
    Golf & Cubs Disrespecter
    • Nov 2008
    • 2907

    #31
    Originally posted by JohnnyLingo View Post
    I think my post is more of a complaint about the general way this place is moderated.
    Noted. Again.

    Comment

    • Jarid in Cedar
      CS Institutional Memory
      • Jun 2009
      • 13234

      #32


      Good to see the CB meltdown is overflowing into all corners of the internet.
      "The first thing I learned upon becoming a head coach after fifteen years as an assistant was the enormous difference between making a suggestion and making a decision."

      "They talk about the economy this year. Hey, my hairline is in recession, my waistline is in inflation. Altogether, I'm in a depression."

      "I like to bike. I could beat Lance Armstrong, only because he couldn't pass me if he was behind me."

      -Rick Majerus

      Comment

      • byu71
        Senior Member
        • Nov 2008
        • 22070

        #33
        Originally posted by JohnnyLingo View Post
        NO, what i meant was that goat was in a protected class, but I am not saying he doesn't deserve it. He is a hell of a poster and people are careful not to tangle with him. I am also glad folks are able to express themselves over here unlike the petty crap Jefe pulls like suspending someone for calling another person a pussie. What is wrong with calling someone a pussie cat?

        Just trying to help.

        Comment

        • Goatnapper'96
          Senior Member
          • Nov 2008
          • 10924

          #34
          Originally posted by Blueintheface View Post
          Goat, testicular fortitude is grabbing a moron by the facemask who just whiffed on a block on Jerry Hughes which allowed your only quarterback to get earholed. Testicular fortitude is doing what he did and preached about what he would continue to do throughout the season and that is to SHOW EMOTION and let his team show emotion. Testicular fortitude has nothing to posting this obvious flaw on a message board.
          Showing emotion? You are on the same dumbass level as exie and Gordon Monson. Somebody wake me when we get a fanbase worthy of Mendenhall, or hell even Crowton.

          See most people who understand college football could care less about facemask grabbing or whether your inner thigh is massaged. They care about wins and losses and Mendenhall, even with the recent debacle, does very well in that arena.
          Do Your Damnedest In An Ostentatious Manner All The Time!
          -General George S. Patton

          I'm choosing to mostly ignore your fatuity here and instead overwhelm you with so much data that you'll maybe, just maybe, realize that you have reams to read on this subject before you can contribute meaningfully to any conversation on this topic.
          -DOCTOR Wuap

          Comment

          • JohnnyLingo
            La Naranja
            • Nov 2008
            • 3976

            #35
            Originally posted by byu71 View Post
            I am also glad folks are able to express themselves over here unlike the petty crap Jefe pulls like suspending someone for calling another person a pussie. What is wrong with calling someone a pussie cat?
            What's wrong with saying someone is fat?

            Comment

            • UtahDan
              *
              • Nov 2008
              • 14496

              #36
              I'll just say that if this is true, then BYU has a team culture that is unique and somewhat odd. If you don't have shame enough to feel ashamed, how do you ever get yourself up for the big moments?

              Am I am not an athlete, but I compete for a living, HATE to lose and readily admitted that shame, embarrassment, fear of failure and hatred of loss all motivate me. How can an athlete who is not on a team that loses most of the time purge themselves of that? I don't get it.

              Comment

              • Blueintheface
                Senior Member
                • Sep 2009
                • 15382

                #37
                Originally posted by UtahDan View Post
                I'll just say that if this is true, then BYU has a team culture that is unique and somewhat odd. If you don't have shame enough to feel ashamed, how do you ever get yourself up for the big moments?

                Am I am not an athlete, but I compete for a living, HATE to lose and readily admitted that shame, embarrassment, fear of failure and hatred of loss all motivate me. How can an athlete who is not on a team that loses most of the time purge themselves of that? I don't get it.
                You're not alone. Obviously BYU fans everywhere have the same problem. Ironic, isn't it. I will never switch allegiances and will die a Cougar fan but there's a reason that in my personal life my very large circle of friends includes very few BYU fans. Pride, ignorance, pride, indignance, and pride. The five tenets of the majority of BYU fans.
                "Either evolution or intelligent design can account for the athlete, but neither can account for the sports fan." - Robert Brault

                "Once I seen the trades go down and the other guys signed elsewhere," he said, "I knew it was my time now." - Derrick Favors

                Comment

                • creekster
                  It is NOT a monkey!
                  • Nov 2008
                  • 22661

                  #38
                  Originally posted by JohnnyLingo View Post
                  What's wrong with saying someone is fat?
                  This is so fascinating! I am so glad you are raising it in this thread about the bYU offensive line!

                  Thank you for again reminding us about your suspension, as it had been at least 15 seconds since I had last seen one of your references to it on the board.

                  I hope you aren't too busy today because I see there are a few more threads on the board (but only a very few) that appear to have escaped your attention and need some mentions of the unfair and abusive treatment you have suffered at the hands of the board mods here. Perhaps together we could prevail upon the board to create an entirely new forum devoted solely to the abuse of Johnny Lingo! I have no doubt everyone would love to read your posts there all the time!
                  PLesa excuse the tpyos.

                  Comment

                  • JohnnyLingo
                    La Naranja
                    • Nov 2008
                    • 3976

                    #39
                    Seriously, creek, I'm worried you're going to have a heart attack.

                    I know I frustrate you, but it's not worth elevating your blood pressure over.

                    Comment

                    • Goatnapper'96
                      Senior Member
                      • Nov 2008
                      • 10924

                      #40
                      Originally posted by creekster View Post
                      This is so fascinating! I am so glad you are raising it in this thread about the bYU offensive line!

                      Thank you for again reminding us about your suspension, as it had been at least 15 seconds since I had last seen one of your references to it on the board.

                      I hope you aren't too busy today because I see there are a few more threads on the board (but only a very few) that appear to have escaped your attention and need some mentions of the unfair and abusive treatment you have suffered at the hands of the board mods here. Perhaps together we could prevail upon the board to create an entirely new forum devoted solely to the abuse of Johnny Lingo! I have no doubt everyone would love to read your posts there all the time!
                      Perhaps you will not receive my recommendation well, but I know a word you could use to describe Lingo in much fewer keystrokes...it goes upsise....or something like that!
                      Do Your Damnedest In An Ostentatious Manner All The Time!
                      -General George S. Patton

                      I'm choosing to mostly ignore your fatuity here and instead overwhelm you with so much data that you'll maybe, just maybe, realize that you have reams to read on this subject before you can contribute meaningfully to any conversation on this topic.
                      -DOCTOR Wuap

                      Comment

                      • UtahDan
                        *
                        • Nov 2008
                        • 14496

                        #41
                        Originally posted by creekster View Post
                        This is so fascinating! I am so glad you are raising it in this thread about the bYU offensive line!

                        Thank you for again reminding us about your suspension, as it had been at least 15 seconds since I had last seen one of your references to it on the board.

                        I hope you aren't too busy today because I see there are a few more threads on the board (but only a very few) that appear to have escaped your attention and need some mentions of the unfair and abusive treatment you have suffered at the hands of the board mods here. Perhaps together we could prevail upon the board to create an entirely new forum devoted solely to the abuse of Johnny Lingo! I have no doubt everyone would love to read your posts there all the time!
                        Pwned. creekster is making a hobby of this.

                        Comment

                        • ERCougar
                          Junior Member
                          • Nov 2008
                          • 10978

                          #42
                          Originally posted by UtahDan View Post
                          I'll just say that if this is true, then BYU has a team culture that is unique and somewhat odd. If you don't have shame enough to feel ashamed, how do you ever get yourself up for the big moments?

                          Am I am not an athlete, but I compete for a living, HATE to lose and readily admitted that shame, embarrassment, fear of failure and hatred of loss all motivate me. How can an athlete who is not on a team that loses most of the time purge themselves of that? I don't get it.
                          Have you ever been beaten by someone who was so clearly superior to you that all you could say was, "Nice job", and move on? I wonder if that's what's going on.

                          I've mentioned this just a few times , but I'm interested to see Utefan on Nov 15th. This TCU team is good.
                          At least the Big Ten went after a big-time addition in Nebraska; the Pac-10 wanted a game so badly, it added Utah
                          -Berry Trammel, 12/3/10

                          Comment

                          • creekster
                            It is NOT a monkey!
                            • Nov 2008
                            • 22661

                            #43
                            Originally posted by JohnnyLingo View Post
                            Seriously, creek, I'm worried you're going to have a heart attack.

                            I know I frustrate you, but it's not worth elevating your blood pressure over.
                            You dont think I was serious?
                            PLesa excuse the tpyos.

                            Comment

                            • JohnnyLingo
                              La Naranja
                              • Nov 2008
                              • 3976

                              #44
                              Originally posted by UtahDan View Post
                              Pwned. creekster is making a hobby of this.
                              Hyena, eh?

                              Try going in for the kill yourself instead of cheering on the lions.

                              Originally posted by creek
                              You dont think I was serious?
                              I do think you were serious, and I do think you're getting far too emotionally invested in this.

                              Comment

                              • Jarid in Cedar
                                CS Institutional Memory
                                • Jun 2009
                                • 13234

                                #45
                                Originally posted by ERCougar View Post

                                I've mentioned this just a few times , but I'm interested to see Utefan on Nov 15th. This TCU team is good.
                                if few times=1,000,000,000, then you are probably correct.
                                "The first thing I learned upon becoming a head coach after fifteen years as an assistant was the enormous difference between making a suggestion and making a decision."

                                "They talk about the economy this year. Hey, my hairline is in recession, my waistline is in inflation. Altogether, I'm in a depression."

                                "I like to bike. I could beat Lance Armstrong, only because he couldn't pass me if he was behind me."

                                -Rick Majerus

                                Comment

                                Working...