Sugar Bowl ticket sales....not good

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
    I already spoke to this. Like i said, the BCS is only interested in about 10 or so teams. Cincy is not one of them. Neither ris Utah. Nor BYU.

People should remember this when railing about how the BCS is "scared" to invite non-BCS teams to fill the at-large slots. I guess it is fear.....fear of losing lots of money on crappy teams that nobody watches and that travel poorly.

The Orange Bowl is not happy with Cincy, even though it is a BCS team.
    Amen... Outside of the big 10, 5 sec schools, 3 pac 10 schools (Usc, ucla and wash), 4 Big 12 teams (tex, klaihoms texA&m and Nebraska) and ND. traveling 1400 miles to a bowl game will have a sparse turnout.
    "Be a philosopher. A man can compromise to gain a point. It has become apparent that a man can, within limits, follow his inclinations within the arms of the Church if he does so discreetly." - The Walking Drum

"And here’s what life comes down to—not how many years you live, but how many of those years are filled with bullshit that doesn’t amount to anything to satisfy the requirements of some dickhead you’ll never get the pleasure of punching in the face." – Adam Carolla

Comment

That is really pathetic. Seriously.
      I was typing fast
      "Be a philosopher. A man can compromise to gain a point. It has become apparent that a man can, within limits, follow his inclinations within the arms of the Church if he does so discreetly." - The Walking Drum

"And here’s what life comes down to—not how many years you live, but how many of those years are filled with bullshit that doesn’t amount to anything to satisfy the requirements of some dickhead you’ll never get the pleasure of punching in the face." – Adam Carolla

Comment

Originally posted by Mormon Red Death View Post
        I was typing fast
        I meant Cincy's ticket sales. how awful.

and for the school to claim that it was excellent is even more pathetic.

I would not be surprised if we saw LOADS of empty seats at the pre-Orange Bowl. I am talking thousands, not hundreds. Look for very few crowd shots. on top of that, imagine if one team starts blowing out the other? You could be looking at 25K fans in the stands in the second half of a BCS bowl game. fugly.
        Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

fugly.

I thought it was fucla. How did you get that wrong?

Comment

I meant Cincy's ticket sales. how awful.

and for the school to claim that it was excellent is even more pathetic.

I would not be surprised if we saw LOADS of empty seats at the pre-Orange Bowl. I am talking thousands, not hundreds. Look for very few crowd shots. on top of that, imagine if one team starts blowing out the other? You could be looking at 25K fans in the stands in the second half of a BCS bowl game. fugly.
            form the 12/10 cincinatti enquirer
            This morning, Athletic Director Mike Thomas said UC had sold 7,000 or so of its 17,500 ticket allotment. Virginia Tech had only sold a little over 4,000. There's a lot at stake for UC and those bowl ticket sales. A lot of money is at stake this year and in the future. The school is on the hook for the two million dollars worth of tickets. If they don't sell out, bowl committees take note.
            Last edited by Mormon Red Death; 12-18-2008, 10:32 AM.

Comment

form the 12/10 cincinattie enquirer
              interesting, but what exactly are the bowl committees noting? Both of those schools are there because they are auto-bid recipients. Every year, the champion of the BCS conference gets an auto-bid, regardless of potential ticket sales. What are the bowls going to do....not invite the conference champion?

I think the thing that would bust the BCS the fastest would be to have lackluster BCS teams win their conference championships.

I predicted earlier that the Alabama/Utah game would likely have the second lowest ratings of the 5 BCS games. I think I will go on record that the Orange Bowl will have the worst ratings. in all honesty, I don't see why the BYU/Arizona matchup is any less compelling than the Orange Bowl matchup.
              Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

The U-Mo fanbase that constitutes BYU's cheering section is largely the same demographic that cheers for the Utes, so I am not sure that BYU would have packed the house in N.O., either.
                I don't know that I agree. We went over to the Tulsa game last year and BYU fans brought easily 10,000 to that game. That wouldn't have happened with Utah. Mormons will travel to go see BYU play in greater numbers than Utah.

BYU will sell out it share of whatever BCS bowl it gets into, no matter where it is. And then some.
                Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

Originally posted by myboynoah View Post
                  I don't know that I agree. We went over to the Tulsa game last year and BYU fans brought easily 10,000 to that game. That wouldn't have happened with Utah. Mormons will travel to go see BYU play in greater numbers than Utah.

BYU will sell out it share of whatever BCS bowl it gets into, no matter where it is. And then some.
                  Utah had a 8-10k at the michigan game both times

At the North Carolina game there were about 5k

Comment

Point taken about the game at tulsa... there would only be 2k for Utah in that game

Comment

Point taken about the game at tulsa... there would only be 2k for Utah in that game
                      How many would you say Utah brought to the Michigan game? Was it limited by Michigan?

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

Poor ticket sales means lower attendance.
                        That is a breath taking little piece of logic, worth a few moments of meditative pause.

Comment

How many would you say Utah brought to the Michigan game? Was it limited by Michigan?
                          Sorry, didn't see your post above.

Comment

I already spoke to this. Like i said, the BCS is only interested in about 10 or so teams. Cincy is not one of them. Neither ris Utah. Nor BYU.

People should remember this when railing about how the BCS is "scared" to invite non-BCS teams to fill the at-large slots. I guess it is fear.....fear of losing lots of money on crappy teams that nobody watches and that travel poorly.

The Orange Bowl is not happy with Cincy, even though it is a BCS team.
                            Please keep this avatar forever. It's truly how I see you. You're such a curmudgeon.
                            When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

--Jonathan Swift

Comment

btw... I read somewhere that the humanitarian bowl has sold something like 900 tickets so far

Comment

btw... I read somewhere that the humanitarian bowl has sold something like 900 tickets so far

They slit there own throat so no tears from me. The fact that Boise has a bowl at all is a wonder.

Comment

Working...
                                X