UFC 100

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • RockyBalboa
    Banned
    • Nov 2008
    • 2127

    #61
    Originally posted by nikuman View Post
    I don't care much for that sort of classless theatre crap. I will choose to focus on the fact that Mir got absolutely worked (his face was absolute hamburger) and forget who did the working.
    Yeah when they were told to shake hands or bump fists after the intros....Mir stuck his fist out,,,and Lesnar punked him and just turned around I thought..."uh oh...here we go."

    Comment

    • TheAzzuri
      Junior Member
      • Mar 2009
      • 454

      #62
      Thoughts from my very first UFC

      1. I had no idea Joe Rogan used to fight.

      2. Is it just me or does that other announcer sound EXACTLY like Mike Tirico?

      3. Isn't Lesnar the guy that tried out for Minnesota Vikings? At the time I hoped he made it. Now I'm glad he didn't. What a punk.

      4. Favorite moment of the night: Henderson inviting the crowd to get get a beer.

      5. How is Bisping's jaw not broken? That second punch was brutal.

      6.I think Belcher got hosed.

      Comment

      • Coach McGuirk
        1
        • Nov 2008
        • 12109

        #63
        My amateur thoughts.

        Lesnar is a punk ass bitch. But he is a BIG punk ass bitch. I hate that guy.

        Hendo's atomic punch after Bisbing was nighty night was freaking awesome.

        Why the hell did the UFC go anti climactic with the finch v Thiago? That didn't make a damn bit of sense.

        GSP is a robot, and one hell of a fighter. He will rule the 170 class till he decides to move up.
        Last edited by Coach McGuirk; 07-12-2009, 12:56 AM.

        Comment

        • Coach McGuirk
          1
          • Nov 2008
          • 12109

          #64
          Originally posted by TheAzzuri View Post

          6.I think Belcher got hosed.

          I disagree. Akiyama won the first round, Definitely won the second round, and lost the 3rd. Now there is no way a judge should have scored it 30-27, but overall Akiyama should have won 29-28.

          Comment

          • Flystripper
            Degenerate Gambler
            • Nov 2008
            • 14089

            #65
            Originally posted by RockyBalboa View Post
            Be prepared to hate Bobby Lashley as well then, when he eventually finds his way to UFC because he's got a similar background and is 4-0 in his MMA career so far.

            But like Lesnar he also has a lengthy background in Amateur Wrestling. However unlike Lesnar, Lashley also served in the USAF.
            Lesnar is a freak of nature and a gifted fighter. I just hate that whole attitude he has like flipping off the crowd...it smacks of WWE BS and I hate it. There is no denying his ability though. The reasons why I dislike Lesnar are the reasons why I really like GSP.
            Last edited by Flystripper; 07-12-2009, 01:14 AM.
            Dyslexics are teople poo...

            Comment

            • Pheidippides
              Liberal Feminazi
              • Nov 2008
              • 14759

              #66
              Originally posted by Coach McGuirk View Post
              I disagree. Akiyama won the first round, Definitely won the second round, and lost the 3rd. Now there is no way a judge should have scored it 30-27, but overall Akiyama should have won 29-28.
              Absolutely agree. I thought Akiyama won that fight - first round could have gone either way, but edge to Akiyama, second definitely Akiyama, third probably lost as closely as won the first. 30-27 was a joke, but the decision was right.
              Awesomeness now has a name. Let me introduce myself.

              Comment

              • cougjunkie
                *Banned*
                • Nov 2008
                • 23223

                #67
                It will soon be on!



                Also it looks like the prelim with all the blood was Jim Miller vs Mac Danzig. Sounds like Danzig was cut open at the start of the 1st round and it was absolutely gushing, his corner couldnt control it, both men were doused in blood the whole time, yet Danzig went the distance.
                Last edited by cougjunkie; 07-12-2009, 08:17 AM.
                *Banned*

                Comment

                • Coach McGuirk
                  1
                  • Nov 2008
                  • 12109

                  #68
                  Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post

                  Hell ya! Brock, shit your pants if you are done, "riding your wife" or whatever dumb ass comment you made.


                  SWEET!

                  Comment

                  • Coach McGuirk
                    1
                    • Nov 2008
                    • 12109

                    #69
                    For those that did not watch, here was the best part of the night for me,

                    [youtube]v/r2iDGFN0-co&hl=en&fs=1&"[/youtube]

                    Comment

                    • Flystripper
                      Degenerate Gambler
                      • Nov 2008
                      • 14089

                      #70
                      Originally posted by Coach McGuirk View Post
                      For those that did not watch, here was the best part of the night for me,

                      [youtube]v/r2iDGFN0-co&hl=en&fs=1&"[/youtube]
                      yep totally made my night
                      Dyslexics are teople poo...

                      Comment

                      • Pheidippides
                        Liberal Feminazi
                        • Nov 2008
                        • 14759

                        #71
                        Originally posted by Coach McGuirk View Post
                        For those that did not watch, here was the best part of the night for me,

                        [youtube]v/r2iDGFN0-co&hl=en&fs=1&"[/youtube]
                        Abso-frickin-lutely. Didn't matter what happened after that - the night was a success. Bisping talked and talked and talked - and then got shut the hell up. With authority.
                        Awesomeness now has a name. Let me introduce myself.

                        Comment

                        • SteelBlue
                          Senior Member
                          • Nov 2008
                          • 8189

                          #72
                          From a reffing standpoint how in the hell does he allow that huge punch after Bisping is clearly knocked out. That's a good way to get somebody killed which is the last thing a sport like UFC needs.

                          Comment

                          • Pheidippides
                            Liberal Feminazi
                            • Nov 2008
                            • 14759

                            #73
                            Originally posted by SteelBlue View Post
                            From a reffing standpoint how in the hell does he allow that huge punch after Bisping is clearly knocked out. That's a good way to get somebody killed which is the last thing a sport like UFC needs.
                            Both that and the fact that Henderson said that he knew Bisping was out after the first punch made for some interesting discussion of legal permission to be battered at my house.

                            I think the ref was too far away and couldn't get there in time to stop it, based on the angle I see. That second punch was the most incredibly brutal thing I think I have ever seen.
                            Awesomeness now has a name. Let me introduce myself.

                            Comment

                            • Surfah
                              Where's Wallace?
                              • Nov 2008
                              • 33726

                              #74
                              Unreal night. I watched with UtahDan and DrumNFeather. Thanks again guys.

                              Great card. I thought Akiyama clearly won. Round 1 was close but Akiyama won it when he dropped Belcher at the end of the round I thought. Round 2 was clearly Akiyama. Round 3 to Belcher. The 30-27 ref got it wrong.

                              I didn't think Hendo had it in him. I didn't think he had anything left. And then I didn't think he had that vindictive side either. That punch was amazing. Bisping was out stiff for a long time. That's the kind of KO that ruins careers. It will be interesting to see Bisping bounce back. Hendo deserves a shot again at Silva I think. I'd love to see that one again.

                              GSP dominated Alves. It was quite disappointing and almost boring. GSP never hurt him but controlled the fight from beginning to end. How he could toss someone of Alves size and strength around with such ease is pretty amazing. I thought Alves would put up a much better fight. He abandoned his most famous weapon 2 rounds in and stopped throwing that kick. He also didn't drop any knees when GSP shot. That's how he obliterated Hughes. Who does GSP fight now?

                              Mir got demolished. Lesnar is so big. We were all talking that the gap between 205 and 265 is too large and they almost need to create a super-heavyweight division. Lesnar, aside from some of the giants in Pride, is really one of the few who pushes that 265 weight, cutting to make it. Those weren't little 2" punches connecting last night that Mir made fun of. He mangled Mir's face. Herb Dean was very slow to stop that fight at the end. I think Mir was out against the age when he finally stepped in. Mir was classy in defeat. Lesnar was a dick. But he plays the heel well and I don't think White or the Fertita's are that upset by it aside from his dig at their sponsor.

                              I was hoping to see some of the undercard but that GSP fight went 20 minutes too long. I wanted to see Bonnar, Danzig, and Dolloway. When they showed the ring and all that blood from the undercard we were all wondering who it was from. I guessed Bonnar.
                              "Nobody listens to Turtle."
                              -Turtle
                              sigpic

                              Comment

                              • RockyBalboa
                                Banned
                                • Nov 2008
                                • 2127

                                #75
                                Sorry, but I thought it was pretty obvious that Belcher got robbed. Considering Akiyama's huge star in Japan...it almost made the outcome seem fixed.

                                Comment

                                Working...