Best/Worst holidays for sports

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Jeff Lebowski
    Corporate lackey for Jesus
    • Nov 2008
    • 69751

    #16
    Originally posted by Pelado View Post
    Stonie.
    No. His nickname is Megatoad.
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

    Comment

    • Omaha 680
      Senior Member
      • Jul 2011
      • 11184

      #17
      Originally posted by jay santos View Post
      I'm looking forward to Chile vs Argentina Copa de America.
      Ah, CRAP! I totally forgot.

      Comment

      • HuskyFreeNorthwest
        Time to camp
        • Nov 2008
        • 26082

        #18
        Originally posted by mpfunk View Post
        If you going to champion January 1st, don't leave out the biggest game. I'm talking on the Winter Classic.
        TV must not like the Blackhawks #sjbh
        Get confident, stupid
        -landpoke

        Comment

        • TripletDaddy
          sweet triple
          • Nov 2008
          • 58186

          #19
          Originally posted by Color Me Badd Fan View Post
          Yeah, you sure got me there. Baseball regular season games and the first week of Wimbledon. Not sure how I forgot about those.
          Well you managed to locate a hot dog eating contest so maybe in your haste you overlooked a tennis grand slam, Americas heritage sport, the most globally popular sport, and a collection of drug addicts racing through the European countryside.
          Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

          sigpic

          Comment

          • Dwight Schr-ute
            Members Only
            • May 2011
            • 4917

            #20
            Sports Science: Hot Dog Eating Contest

            Skip about a minute into.

            I told him he was a goddamn Nazi Stormtrooper.

            Comment

            • Uncle Ted
              The Big 12 money shot.
              • Apr 2010
              • 28853

              #21
              The best part of the hog dog eating contest was the introductions... especially around 5:50 where he breaks out in a rap:


              Last edited by Uncle Ted; 07-05-2015, 10:00 PM.
              "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
              "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
              "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
              GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

              Comment

              • wapiti
                Junior Member
                • Apr 2012
                • 2064

                #22
                I actually like that there aren't any big sporting events on the 4th. It's a great family holiday. Swim parties, awesome food, and fireworks. All prep can be done in one trip to WalMart. The kids are happy and worn out by the end of the day. And the theme of it all is a celebration of the independence of this great country that we get live in. When it comes to holidays, it's hard to beat the 4th of July.

                Comment

                Working...