Best/Worst holidays for sports

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Color Me Badd Fan
    Senior Member
    • Jan 2009
    • 12519

    #1

    Best/Worst holidays for sports

    I'll tell you the worst, the 4th of July. All we can muster is the hot dog eating contest.

    With the college football playoff, January 1 is clearly the best. Thanksgiving is still solid. Labor Day has the early season college football games which is great because of how terrible July and August are for sports (in non Olympics years).
    Part of it is based on academic grounds. Among major conferences, the Pac-10 is the best academically, largely because of Stanford, Cal and UCLA. “Colorado is on a par with Oregon,” he said. “Utah isn’t even in the picture.”
  • Lost Student
    BAND!
    • Nov 2008
    • 4324

    #2
    St. Patrick's Day and March Madness
    "Seriously, is there a bigger high on the whole face of the earth than eating a salad?"--SeattleUte
    "The only Ute to cause even half the nationwide hysteria of Jimmermania was Ted Bundy."--TripletDaddy
    This is a tough, NYC broad, a doctor who deals with bleeding organs, dying people and testicles on a regular basis without crying."--oxcoug
    "I'm not impressed (and I'm even into choreography . . .)"--Donuthole
    "I too was fortunate to leave with my same balls."--byu71

    Comment

    • TripletDaddy
      sweet triple
      • Nov 2008
      • 58186

      #3
      Originally posted by Color Me Badd Fan View Post
      I'll tell you the worst, the 4th of July. All we can muster is the hot dog eating contest.
      Totally agree about July 4th. If you ignore Major League Baseball games, the start of the Tour de France, women's World Cup, and Wimbledon, the only thing on today is the hot dog eating contest.
      Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

      sigpic

      Comment

      • jay santos
        Senior Member
        • Nov 2008
        • 13652

        #4
        I'm looking forward to Chile vs Argentina Copa de America.

        Comment

        • Jeff Lebowski
          Corporate lackey for Jesus
          • Nov 2008
          • 69689

          #5
          Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
          Totally agree about July 4th. If you ignore Major League Baseball games, the start of the Tour de France, women's World Cup, and Wimbledon, the only thing on today is the hot dog eating contest.
          Matt Stonie upsets Joey Chestnut, 62-60!
          "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
          "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
          "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

          Comment

          • scottie
            Junior Member
            • Nov 2008
            • 5247

            #6
            Originally posted by jay santos View Post
            I'm looking forward to Chile vs Argentina Copa de America.
            What's your plan for watching it? Accoring to this page, it's broadcast on the beIN Sports channels (which I don't subscribe to) and something called DirecTV Sports (I have DirecTV but can't find a DirecTV Sports chann).

            Comment

            • Pelado
              Bald not naked
              • Sep 2010
              • 21139

              #7
              Originally posted by scottie View Post
              What's your plan for watching it? Accoring to this page, it's broadcast on the beIN Sports channels (which I don't subscribe to) and something called DirecTV Sports (I have DirecTV but can't find a DirecTV Sports chann).
              I think beIN is on the new(ish) Sling TV.
              "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
              - Goatnapper'96

              Comment

              • scottie
                Junior Member
                • Nov 2008
                • 5247

                #8
                Originally posted by Pelado View Post
                I think beIN is on the new(ish) Sling TV.
                Did some checking, I think you're right, thank you! I may be signing up for Sling TV.

                Comment

                • Pelado
                  Bald not naked
                  • Sep 2010
                  • 21139

                  #9
                  Originally posted by scottie View Post
                  Did some checking, I think you're right, thank you! I may be signing up for Sling TV.
                  When is the game?
                  "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                  - Goatnapper'96

                  Comment

                  • Pelado
                    Bald not naked
                    • Sep 2010
                    • 21139

                    #10
                    Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                    Matt Stonie upsets Joey Chestnut, 62-60!
                    Is that a nickname?
                    "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                    - Goatnapper'96

                    Comment

                    • Jeff Lebowski
                      Corporate lackey for Jesus
                      • Nov 2008
                      • 69689

                      #11
                      Originally posted by Pelado View Post
                      Is that a nickname?
                      Is what a nickname?
                      "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                      "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                      "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

                      Comment

                      • scottie
                        Junior Member
                        • Nov 2008
                        • 5247

                        #12
                        Chile-Argentina now going to penalties; 0-0 after 30 mins of extra time.

                        Comment

                        • Color Me Badd Fan
                          Senior Member
                          • Jan 2009
                          • 12519

                          #13
                          Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
                          Totally agree about July 4th. If you ignore Major League Baseball games, the start of the Tour de France, women's World Cup, and Wimbledon, the only thing on today is the hot dog eating contest.
                          Yeah, you sure got me there. Baseball regular season games and the first week of Wimbledon. Not sure how I forgot about those.
                          Part of it is based on academic grounds. Among major conferences, the Pac-10 is the best academically, largely because of Stanford, Cal and UCLA. “Colorado is on a par with Oregon,” he said. “Utah isn’t even in the picture.”

                          Comment

                          • MartyFunkhouser
                            Disciple of RNGesus
                            • Nov 2008
                            • 18750

                            #14
                            If you going to champion January 1st, don't leave out the biggest game. I'm talking on the Winter Classic.
                            As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
                            --Kendrick Lamar

                            Comment

                            • Pelado
                              Bald not naked
                              • Sep 2010
                              • 21139

                              #15
                              Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                              Is what a nickname?
                              Stonie.
                              "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                              - Goatnapper'96

                              Comment

                              Working...