Lakers

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • TripletDaddy
    sweet triple
    • Nov 2008
    • 58186

    #4471
    In a move that should surprise absolutely nobody, Dwight officially requests a trade today. And the Magic have given permission to talk to Dwight's agent to only 3 teams...New Jersey, Dallas, and the Lakers

    Get NBA news, scores, stats, standings & more for your favorite teams and players! All on FoxSports.com.


    Btw, Hornets re-submit the Paul trade to the league.

    Mitch doing work.
    Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

    sigpic

    Comment

    • TripletDaddy
      sweet triple
      • Nov 2008
      • 58186

      #4472
      Superman calling LA, Pow is sad

      http://www.latimes.com/sports/basket...,2819280.story

      As the Lakers progressed on reworking their trade proposal for Chris Paul, another possibility blew in their direction, wearing a Superman cape.

      The Lakers were told they were one of three teams allowed to try to negotiate a deal with the agent for Orlando Magic center Dwight Howard, according to a person familiar with Orlando's thinking who was not authorized to speak publicly about the situation.
      Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

      sigpic

      Comment

      • Maximus
        Senior Member
        • Sep 2009
        • 6021

        #4473
        Odom to Dallas for nothing.

        Comment

        • TripletDaddy
          sweet triple
          • Nov 2008
          • 58186

          #4474
          Originally posted by Maximus View Post
          Odom to Dallas for nothing.
          Sounds like a good deal.
          Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

          sigpic

          Comment

          • BGRTHNUMEGO
            Junior Member
            • May 2010
            • 3670

            #4475
            Rumored deal previously was Bynum/Odom to Orlando for Dwight/Hedo. Absorbing Hedo's deal was one of the key factors for moving Howard, because then the Magic could amnesty Arenas and get into a position to build around Bynum through free agency very quickly.

            Now LA can give Orlando the Dallas trade exception (if I'm understanding the Odom trade to Dallas correctly) and Orlando gets the same benefit without having to pay Odom's salary to get it done. And the Lakers add Turkoglu to fill those minutes lost by moving Odom.

            Looks like LA starts the year with a starting lineup of Howard/Gasol/Hedo/Kobe/Fisher.

            Comment

            • TripletDaddy
              sweet triple
              • Nov 2008
              • 58186

              #4476
              Sub Hedo for Artest in that starting lineup.
              Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

              sigpic

              Comment

              • Moliere
                One man.....one pie
                • Oct 2009
                • 27882

                #4477
                Originally posted by BGRTHNUMEGO View Post
                Looks like LA starts the year with a starting lineup of Howard/Gasol/Hedo/Kobe/Fisher.


                I wonder if Howard has a pair of superman socks like RGIII?

                "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

                Comment

                • Surfah
                  Where's Wallace?
                  • Nov 2008
                  • 33726

                  #4478
                  Caracter is out with torn meniscus. That sucks. He probably would have seen some time with Odom gone.
                  "Nobody listens to Turtle."
                  -Turtle
                  sigpic

                  Comment

                  • TripletDaddy
                    sweet triple
                    • Nov 2008
                    • 58186

                    #4479
                    Kobe wearing weird shoes for X-mas



                    http://network.yardbarker.com/nba/ar..._photo/8705482
                    Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

                    sigpic

                    Comment

                    • Surfah
                      Where's Wallace?
                      • Nov 2008
                      • 33726

                      #4480
                      Kobe's Grinch shoes this year:





                      Pretty fugly. I liked his shoes from last Christmas much better.

                      Also, the Lakers signed Gerald Green. Hasn't played in the league for awhile. I guess he replaces LetShannonDunk. At least he won a slam dunk contest though. Lame signing.
                      "Nobody listens to Turtle."
                      -Turtle
                      sigpic

                      Comment

                      • LA Ute
                        Receiver of Memory
                        • Nov 2008
                        • 19512

                        #4481
                        Just hit the L.A. Times:

                        Vanessa Bryant has filed for divorce from her husband of more than a decade, Lakers superstar Kobe Bryant, according to papers filed in Orange County Superior Court. The couple has two daughters.
                        My response: What took her so long?
                        “There is a great deal of difference in believing something still, and believing it again.”
                        ― W.H. Auden


                        "God made the angels to show His splendour - as He made animals for innocence and plants for their simplicity. But men and women He made to serve Him wittily, in the tangle of their minds."
                        -- Robert Bolt, A Man for All Seasons


                        "It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
                        --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

                        Comment

                        • Non Sequitur
                          Where did I put my bodkin
                          • Nov 2008
                          • 5773

                          #4482
                          Originally posted by LA Ute View Post
                          Just hit the L.A. Times:

                          My response: What took her so long?
                          Half of Kobe's paycheck for 10 years. Pretty good gig.
                          "The mind is not a boomerang. If you throw it too far it will not come back." ~ Tom McGuane

                          Comment

                          • TripletDaddy
                            sweet triple
                            • Nov 2008
                            • 58186

                            #4483
                            21 year old Kobe not making 18-year old Vanessa sign pre-nup = moran.
                            Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

                            sigpic

                            Comment

                            • Moliere
                              One man.....one pie
                              • Oct 2009
                              • 27882

                              #4484
                              I was calling for Mike Brown's resignation the day he was hired (I have no proof so you'll have to trust me). He wasn't all that great in Cleveland and I don't expect anything from him in LA. I know the Lakers are older and lacking some parts right now, but Mike Brown is a disaster waiting to happen.

                              Edit: I found the proof
                              Last edited by Moliere; 12-27-2011, 10:09 AM.
                              "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

                              Comment

                              • Surfah
                                Where's Wallace?
                                • Nov 2008
                                • 33726

                                #4485
                                Originally posted by Moliere View Post
                                I was calling for Mike Brown's resignation the day he was hired (I have no proof so you'll have to trust me). He wasn't all that great in Cleveland and I don't expect anything from him in LA. I know the Lakers are older and lacking some parts right now, but Mike Brown is a disaster waiting to happen.

                                Edit: I found the proof
                                I was not fond of the hiring but I am willing to give him a pass the first couple of games. Half our roster is new, Drew is out two more games, and we had about 10 days to get the lineups together. For that I will excuse lineups that include Troy Murphy, Walton, and McRoberts. WTF was that? So while he has a little slack in that leash, there ain't much.

                                I think once Drew comes back we'll be okay. Some of the positives is that I really like the way Ebanks has been playing. And McRoberts is a good hustle player but he's no NBA starter.

                                Really I am pissed at Derek Fisher for not retiring and forcing the Lakers to get a PG. And I am pissed at Stern who stuck it to the Lakers by nixing the Paul trade. What a crock of shit that was.
                                "Nobody listens to Turtle."
                                -Turtle
                                sigpic

                                Comment

                                Working...