Lakers

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • TripletDaddy
    sweet triple
    • Nov 2008
    • 58186

    #3676
    Welcome to the greatest franchise in the world of sports!

    Lesson one: on average, the lakers win an NBA title every five years
    Lesson two: see Lesson one
    Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

    sigpic

    Comment

    • Surfah
      Where's Wallace?
      • Nov 2008
      • 33726

      #3677
      The Lakers beat the Bobcats last night. That's quite an accomplishment these days.
      "Nobody listens to Turtle."
      -Turtle
      sigpic

      Comment

      • HBCoug
        Peanut Gallery Asshat
        • Dec 2008
        • 2082

        #3678
        I remember this thread. LA responds to by far the toughest stretch of its schedule by winning 10 of its last 11, including wins in Dallas, SA, OKC, ATL. Could've and maybe should've won in Miami. I honestly thought they were done this time. This thread is littered with "wake me up in June" comments by most of the Laker fans on this site from past years, but it seems they played all of us this year. The defense looks unreal over this last stretch. Bynum has been the difference. I wanted him shipped out for 'Melo (if it ever really was an option), but he just may be the reason LA can win it all again. The Dallas win was huge. They need the 2 seed.

        Comment

        • Flystripper
          Degenerate Gambler
          • Nov 2008
          • 14105

          #3679
          Originally posted by HBCoug View Post
          I wanted him shipped out for 'Melo (if it ever really was an option), but he just may be the reason LA can win it all again. The Dallas win was huge. They need the 2 seed.
          yeah...once again it may be the trade that Mitch doesn't make that brings multiple championship rings. If Bynum can stay healthy he is growing into a simply amazing force in the middle. (I know it is a big if but...dayum Bynum is really coming on strong)
          Dyslexics are teople poo...

          Comment

          • Surfah
            Where's Wallace?
            • Nov 2008
            • 33726

            #3680
            Bynum has turned into Kevin Love. That boy has been eating his Wheaties. Going back the last couple of games he's collected 18, 15, 12, 16, 17, 17 rebounds. He's been a huge key on the defensive end averaging almost 3 blocks a game this month while avoiding foul trouble.

            That's really been the key is defense. The Lakers have seemingly flipped that switch. Artest has been fantastic. Also having Barnes back has been big. He's so much better out there than Walton.
            "Nobody listens to Turtle."
            -Turtle
            sigpic

            Comment

            • TripletDaddy
              sweet triple
              • Nov 2008
              • 58186

              #3681
              It isn't playoff time yet...but I'm starting to wake up.
              Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

              sigpic

              Comment

              • HBCoug
                Peanut Gallery Asshat
                • Dec 2008
                • 2082

                #3682
                Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
                It isn't playoff time yet...but I'm starting to wake up.
                Will you have fully awoken and aroused your faculties by Apr 1?

                Comment

                • HBCoug
                  Peanut Gallery Asshat
                  • Dec 2008
                  • 2082

                  #3683
                  Boston, Chicago, and Dallas all lose last night. Good thing the Lakers pulled out an ugly home win to capitalize. It's all coming together as planned!

                  Comment

                  • Surfah
                    Where's Wallace?
                    • Nov 2008
                    • 33726

                    #3684
                    Originally posted by HBCoug View Post
                    Boston, Chicago, and Dallas all lose last night. Good thing the Lakers pulled out an ugly home win to capitalize. It's all coming together as planned!
                    Last night was a grind. Looked a bit rusty after the long layoff. But I like the way this team is coming together too. Making our run. Imposing our will. Even showing some toughness.
                    "Nobody listens to Turtle."
                    -Turtle
                    sigpic

                    Comment

                    • TripletDaddy
                      sweet triple
                      • Nov 2008
                      • 58186

                      #3685
                      *yawn*......*stretch*

                      Let's see......handful of games left, 3 games behind Spurs for top seed in the West, big game against the Mavs tonight....

                      Time to get out of bed and open the drapes. The day dawn is breaking.
                      Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

                      sigpic

                      Comment

                      • Blueintheface
                        Senior Member
                        • Sep 2009
                        • 15382

                        #3686
                        Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
                        *yawn*......*stretch*

                        Let's see......handful of games left, 3 games behind Spurs for top seed in the West, big game against the Mavs tonight....

                        Time to get out of bed and open the drapes. The day dawn is breaking.
                        "How to make a mockery of the regular season" By Blueintheface (Pendant Publishing)

                        Alternate title: "The bitterness of an also-ran"
                        "Either evolution or intelligent design can account for the athlete, but neither can account for the sports fan." - Robert Brault

                        "Once I seen the trades go down and the other guys signed elsewhere," he said, "I knew it was my time now." - Derrick Favors

                        Comment

                        • HBCoug
                          Peanut Gallery Asshat
                          • Dec 2008
                          • 2082

                          #3687
                          Originally posted by Blueintheface View Post
                          "How to make a mockery of the regular season" By Blueintheface (Pendant Publishing)

                          Alternate title: "The bitterness of an also-ran"
                          Did you hold on to your seats for tomorrow night? I can come over and take a picture with you if you'd like!

                          Comment

                          • Blueintheface
                            Senior Member
                            • Sep 2009
                            • 15382

                            #3688
                            Originally posted by HBCoug View Post
                            Did you hold on to your seats for tomorrow night? I can come over and take a picture with you if you'd like!
                            Nope, sold them a couple of months ago. Originally I put them up for sale based on a family issue but I'd also like to think I was clairvoyant on the dumpster fire that ensued. (They were struggling at that point but I had no idea what was on the horizon) By now I would have removed my own eyes with a soup spoon had I held onto them.

                            Enjoy the game though. Tell Kobe if he does his underbite growl to an empty ESA it doesn't count. Let my Hispanic brethern know that we love and support amnesty.
                            "Either evolution or intelligent design can account for the athlete, but neither can account for the sports fan." - Robert Brault

                            "Once I seen the trades go down and the other guys signed elsewhere," he said, "I knew it was my time now." - Derrick Favors

                            Comment

                            • HBCoug
                              Peanut Gallery Asshat
                              • Dec 2008
                              • 2082

                              #3689
                              Originally posted by Blueintheface View Post
                              Nope, sold them a couple of months ago. Originally I put them up for sale based on a family issue but I'd also like to think I was clairvoyant on the dumpster fire that ensued. (They were struggling at that point but I had no idea what was on the horizon) By now I would have removed my own eyes with a soup spoon had I held onto them.

                              Enjoy the game though. Tell Kobe if he does his underbite growl to an empty ESA it doesn't count. Let my Hispanic brethern know that we love and support amnesty.
                              Viva la raza, holmes! I'd like to think we Lakers fans do our part to bring a little culture and melanin to the ESA twice a year. I don't expect to see Kobe's underbite tomorrow night unless this young Jazz team can put together an inspired effort fueled off the crowd's utter disdain and hatred of the purple and gold. Then again, it wouldn't surprise me if half the crowd were wearing Lakers colors. You know how we like to show up in droves when we know we're good.

                              Me, I think I'm most excited to see the Kyle Weaver - Devin Ebanks 4th quarter matchup in the games waning seconds. I'm tempted to bring a "RAJA LIED (thank you, Raja)" sign honoring his decision to blow off Kobe and sign with you guys instead this past offseason.

                              Comment

                              • Blueintheface
                                Senior Member
                                • Sep 2009
                                • 15382

                                #3690
                                Originally posted by HBCoug View Post
                                Viva la raza, holmes! I'd like to think we Lakers fans do our part to bring a little culture and melanin to the ESA twice a year. I don't expect to see Kobe's underbite tomorrow night unless this young Jazz team can put together an inspired effort fueled off the crowd's utter disdain and hatred of the purple and gold. Then again, it wouldn't surprise me if half the crowd were wearing Lakers colors. You know how we like to show up in droves when we know we're good.

                                Me, I think I'm most excited to see the Kyle Weaver - Devin Ebanks 4th quarter matchup in the games waning seconds. I'm tempted to bring a "RAJA LIED (thank you, Raja)" sign honoring his decision to blow off Kobe and sign with you guys instead this past offseason.
                                Well played, sir.
                                "Either evolution or intelligent design can account for the athlete, but neither can account for the sports fan." - Robert Brault

                                "Once I seen the trades go down and the other guys signed elsewhere," he said, "I knew it was my time now." - Derrick Favors

                                Comment

                                Working...