Lakers

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • New Mexican Disaster
    Suomalainen
    • Nov 2008
    • 4549

    #3016
    Whew. Right place at right time Pau.

    Comment

    • Surfah
      Where's Wallace?
      • Nov 2008
      • 33726

      #3017
      Originally posted by New Mexican Disaster View Post
      Whew. Right place at right time Pau.
      I was cursing his name most of the night too. Aside from rebounding in the first half he had a pretty poor game.

      He hit the one that mattered though.
      "Nobody listens to Turtle."
      -Turtle
      sigpic

      Comment

      • TripletDaddy
        sweet triple
        • Nov 2008
        • 58186

        #3018
        Pow totally disappears, turns it over as usual, and then comes through with the putback of his life.

        Kobe looked amazing tonight on offense. His defense was a bit sloppy. And knock it off with the jumping in the air to pass. Led to 2 turnovers, both of which were his fault.

        Luke Walton sighting.

        Shannon Brown from 3...nice.

        Bynum....dude looks hurt again. Not good.

        Very impressed with the OKC crowd......the second Westbrook's shot bounced off the rim and the season was over, the entire arena started applauding the team. And it wasn't a polite clap...it was as if they had won the series. I admit that i thought it was nuts to move a team from Seattle to OKC, but clearly that was the right move. That town loves the NBA. It is almost comical that Seattle, a city with millions more residents, couldn't drum up enough interest to fill its tiny Key Arena nor pay some extra taxes to build a new gym. Now Seattle has no NBA and OKC has the future of the Western Conference.

        Can the jazz close out tonight? I thought they were going to run away with it but now Im not so sure. The Jazz is a better matchup for the Lakers but I would like the Lakers to get some extra rest. If the Jazz lose tonight, I don't think they win game 7. I'm torn.

        ps Jimmy Goldstein courtside sighting, big time tonight.
        Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

        sigpic

        Comment

        • Surfah
          Where's Wallace?
          • Nov 2008
          • 33726

          #3019
          Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
          Pow totally disappears, turns it over as usual, and then comes through with the putback of his life.

          Kobe looked amazing tonight on offense. His defense was a bit sloppy. And knock it off with the jumping in the air to pass. Led to 2 turnovers, both of which were his fault.

          Luke Walton sighting.

          Shannon Brown from 3...nice.

          Bynum....dude looks hurt again. Not good.

          Very impressed with the OKC crowd......the second Westbrook's shot bounced off the rim and the season was over, the entire arena started applauding the team. And it wasn't a polite clap...it was as if they had won the series. I admit that i thought it was nuts to move a team from Seattle to OKC, but clearly that was the right move. That town loves the NBA. It is almost comical that Seattle, a city with millions more residents, couldn't drum up enough interest to fill its tiny Key Arena nor pay some extra taxes to build a new gym. Now Seattle has no NBA and OKC has the future of the Western Conference.

          Can the jazz close out tonight? I thought they were going to run away with it but now Im not so sure. The Jazz is a better matchup for the Lakers but I would like the Lakers to get some extra rest. If the Jazz lose tonight, I don't think they win game 7. I'm torn.

          ps Jimmy Goldstein courtside sighting, big time tonight.
          I told my dad the same thing. 4 days rest sounds a lot better, but the last thing I want is Denver. And if Karl were able to return to the bench in that series it could be a huge boost to the Nugs. But it looks like they're imploding here.

          Durant had probably the worst 6 game stretch of his young career. He missed some wide open looks tonight, but Artest deserves credit for making him work so hard and getting in his head. Amazing that he had 26 points on just 5 FGs. Phil was right.
          "Nobody listens to Turtle."
          -Turtle
          sigpic

          Comment

          • TripletDaddy
            sweet triple
            • Nov 2008
            • 58186

            #3020
            Originally posted by Surfah View Post
            I told my dad the same thing. 4 days rest sounds a lot better, but the last thing I want is Denver. And if Karl were able to return to the bench in that series it could be a huge boost to the Nugs. But it looks like they're imploding here.

            Durant had probably the worst 6 game stretch of his young career. He missed some wide open looks tonight, but Artest deserves credit for making him work so hard and getting in his head. Amazing that he had 26 points on just 5 FGs. Phil was right.
            Jax was totally right. More FTs for Durant tonight and a lousy shooting percentage all series long. Artest can go cash his paycheck, he earned it. Didn't dig the bizarre compression shirt outfit artest was wearing, though. It was almost March Madness out there with the short sleeve undershirt.

            Denver is a total headcase. they absolutely cannot handle adversity. Bring on the Jazz and let Korver shoot the ball as much as he wants next week.
            Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

            sigpic

            Comment

            • Surfah
              Where's Wallace?
              • Nov 2008
              • 33726

              #3021
              Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
              Jax was totally right. More FTs for Durant tonight and a lousy shooting percentage all series long. Artest can go cash his paycheck, he earned it. Didn't dig the bizarre compression shirt outfit artest was wearing, though. It was almost March Madness out there with the short sleeve undershirt.

              Denver is a total headcase. they absolutely cannot handle adversity. Bring on the Jazz and let Korver shoot the ball as much as he wants next week.
              I think Color Me Badd jinxed Durant. OKC was +17 tonight in FT attempts. If you told me that before the game I would have said no way the Lakers win.

              The compression shirt is the same thing Jamison has been wearing all season. Mike Miller too. Except Miller's isn't a compression shirt, just a shirt with one sleeve lopped off. Even weirder than the compression shirt was the shoulder pad sewn to the top of it. What was that? I thought maybe he had his shirt on inside out. I'm surprised they let him wear it. And even more surprised they let him wear a white one. They should have made him wear purple at least.

              Someone send Odom a care package full of candy. He loves the Jazz.
              "Nobody listens to Turtle."
              -Turtle
              sigpic

              Comment

              • TripletDaddy
                sweet triple
                • Nov 2008
                • 58186

                #3022
                Jazz fanzz with the "Beat LA" chant.

                The NBA world revolves around the Lakers.
                Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

                sigpic

                Comment

                • Surfah
                  Where's Wallace?
                  • Nov 2008
                  • 33726

                  #3023
                  Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
                  Jazz fanzz with the "Beat LA" chant.

                  The NBA world revolves around the Lakers.
                  As always.
                  "Nobody listens to Turtle."
                  -Turtle
                  sigpic

                  Comment

                  • TripletDaddy
                    sweet triple
                    • Nov 2008
                    • 58186

                    #3024
                    Wow, did AK go to Supercuts? nice hairdo. very stylish.
                    Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

                    sigpic

                    Comment

                    • Surfah
                      Where's Wallace?
                      • Nov 2008
                      • 33726

                      #3025
                      What happened to DWill? Uh oh, Jazz.
                      "Nobody listens to Turtle."
                      -Turtle
                      sigpic

                      Comment

                      • TripletDaddy
                        sweet triple
                        • Nov 2008
                        • 58186

                        #3026
                        Boozer just said that the Jazz never die.

                        I predict the Jazz die in 6 games.
                        Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

                        sigpic

                        Comment

                        • TripletDaddy
                          sweet triple
                          • Nov 2008
                          • 58186

                          #3027
                          Originally posted by Surfah View Post
                          What happened to DWill? Uh oh, Jazz.
                          Looks like he jammed his arm on that screen by the Birdman. didn't look good, that is for sure.
                          Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

                          sigpic

                          Comment

                          • HBCoug
                            Peanut Gallery Asshat
                            • Dec 2008
                            • 2082

                            #3028
                            OKC finishes with a +55 free throw advantage for the series. +20 per game on average in Oklahoma City. Great to see the Lakers fight through that because it will only continue in Utah. Can't wait to get this started on Sunday.

                            Comment

                            • Surfah
                              Where's Wallace?
                              • Nov 2008
                              • 33726

                              #3029
                              HBCoug, I dig the Penberthy avatar. That dude was lights out at Master's College. I was in HS at the time and got to play with him once or twice. Dude could shoot.
                              "Nobody listens to Turtle."
                              -Turtle
                              sigpic

                              Comment

                              • Surfah
                                Where's Wallace?
                                • Nov 2008
                                • 33726

                                #3030
                                Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
                                Boozer just said that the Jazz never die.

                                I predict the Jazz die in 6 games.
                                6? They get in 1 in SLC. 5 games.
                                "Nobody listens to Turtle."
                                -Turtle
                                sigpic

                                Comment

                                Working...