Lakers

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • TripletDaddy
    sweet triple
    • Nov 2008
    • 58186

    #2191
    Lakers looking good tonight in the first quarter vs Phoenix.

    Here is one shocker: phoenix yet to really run much pick and roll. I thought they would p/r the lakers to death tonight.

    bynum making a few mistakes but overall looks good for having missed a week.
    Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

    sigpic

    Comment

    • TripletDaddy
      sweet triple
      • Nov 2008
      • 58186

      #2192
      The lakers appear to be toying with the Phoenix Suns. It isnt even close. They almost have a 20 point lead.

      Bynum had 16 and 9 at the half.

      And this is without Gasol.
      Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

      sigpic

      Comment

      • TripletDaddy
        sweet triple
        • Nov 2008
        • 58186

        #2193
        never mind. they now have a 23 point lead.
        Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

        sigpic

        Comment

        • HBCoug
          Peanut Gallery Asshat
          • Dec 2008
          • 2082

          #2194
          Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
          Lakers looking good tonight in the first quarter vs Phoenix.

          Here is one shocker: phoenix yet to really run much pick and roll. I thought they would p/r the lakers to death tonight.

          bynum making a few mistakes but overall looks good for having missed a week.
          Bynum has been really active and clearly bothers Stoudemire. I haven't seen the lift out of his legs (knees) so far this year to make me believe he can be effective against a team like Boston, but I'm hoping it comes with time. He tries to lay way too many baskets in around the rim for a 21 year-old 7 footer, yet it's hard to argue with his numbers. Just hoping the knee damage isn't long term.

          I really like the emphasis on Kobe in the post early this year. They have so many good options with him posting up free-throw line extended, including that Artest cut and post to the low block. He had a sweet feed off that cut to Bynum for a dunk, and I think it would be there all night.

          Richardson is seriously lucky the refs intervened before Sasha kicked his ass.

          Comment

          • HBCoug
            Peanut Gallery Asshat
            • Dec 2008
            • 2082

            #2195
            If loving J-Peezy is wrong, I don't want to be right!

            Comment

            • Surfah
              Where's Wallace?
              • Nov 2008
              • 33726

              #2196
              Downtown Shannon Brown! Goodnight, that guy can throw it down. Kobe is on a tear right now.
              "Nobody listens to Turtle."
              -Turtle
              sigpic

              Comment

              • old_gregg
                scaly man fish
                • Nov 2009
                • 16915

                #2197
                the suns are going to have a very difficult time with big, physical frontcourts all season.
                Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

                Comment

                • Donuthole
                  Official Outgayer
                  • Nov 2008
                  • 25266

                  #2198
                  TriplePadre getting called out on CB! Anybody know were [sic] he is?!!

                  http://www.cougarboard.com/noframes/...tml?id=5004579
                  Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

                  There's three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who's got the same first name as a city; and never go near a lady's got a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

                  Comment

                  • Surfah
                    Where's Wallace?
                    • Nov 2008
                    • 33726

                    #2199
                    What a debacle. The Nuggets have turned into the Kings of yesteryear for me. There is no rivalry. Everyone wants it to be one. Anyway, the Lakers were tired. I was expecting a letdown after they ran the Suns off the floor last night. But that was pathetic. Poor shot selection. Nobody was moving. I hate seeing Earl "I'm changed since jail so don't call me JR no mo" Smith's smug ass hopping down the floor.

                    The officiating was atrocious tonight. I can't believe what they let the Denver defenders get away with on the block particularly with Kobe and Bynum. Those cheap fouls on Artest and LO took the Lakers out of any rhythm early in the 3rd. Kobe couldn't get it going and the bench disappeared.

                    More disconcerting than anything is the way Fisher came back into the game in the 2nd quarter. Fisher needs to be benched. And when Lawson was in the game there was no reason at all he should be in. jaX do the right thing and bench his ass. He's a defensive liability and his shot is hanging out with Sasha's right now. He'd be much better off the bench right now since the 2nd unit is struggling with Pau still out.
                    "Nobody listens to Turtle."
                    -Turtle
                    sigpic

                    Comment

                    • Fiyero
                      Banned
                      • Nov 2008
                      • 5266

                      #2200
                      Bummer for the Minnesota Lakes of Los Angeles. Let's hope that Kobe doesn't rape anyone tonight; or, as a loyal Lake fan would say, hope he doesn't get caught.

                      Comment

                      • cougjunkie
                        *Banned*
                        • Nov 2008
                        • 23223

                        #2201
                        Ty Lawson just posterized Mbenga. Awesome dunk. Not as good as Wades but still sick for little Lawson.
                        *Banned*

                        Comment

                        • Surfah
                          Where's Wallace?
                          • Nov 2008
                          • 33726

                          #2202
                          Mbenga just got posterized.
                          "Nobody listens to Turtle."
                          -Turtle
                          sigpic

                          Comment

                          • cougjunkie
                            *Banned*
                            • Nov 2008
                            • 23223

                            #2203
                            Originally posted by Surfah View Post
                            Mbenga just got posterized.
                            That was an awesome dunk. 5'11 against 7'0
                            *Banned*

                            Comment

                            • Surfah
                              Where's Wallace?
                              • Nov 2008
                              • 33726

                              #2204
                              Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
                              That was an awesome dunk. 5'11 against 7'0
                              I thought that was nastier than Wade's. Wade kind of lost the ball, the fact he finished was more impressive than dunking on Varajeo I thought.

                              Man, I hate K Mart. And JR Smith has now supplanted Raja Bell as the NBA baller least likely to get a Christmas card from Surfah.
                              "Nobody listens to Turtle."
                              -Turtle
                              sigpic

                              Comment

                              • cougjunkie
                                *Banned*
                                • Nov 2008
                                • 23223

                                #2205
                                Originally posted by Surfah View Post
                                I thought that was nastier than Wade's. Wade kind of lost the ball, the fact he finished was more impressive than dunking on Varajeo I thought.

                                Man, I hate K Mart. And JR Smith has now supplanted Raja Bell as the NBA baller least likely to get a Christmas card from Surfah.
                                Earl is the new Kobe stopper. K-marts lip tattoo bothers the shit out of me.

                                My most hated player in the NBA is David West, he thinks he is a damn thug and a lot better than he really is. He always has this pissed off look on his face and I would love to beat the shit out of him. Man I seriously hate that guy more than anyone.
                                *Banned*

                                Comment

                                Working...