Lakers

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • TripletDaddy
    sweet triple
    • Nov 2008
    • 58186

    #1621
    Boston FSN hates Kobe. No worries....just keep talking about the Lakers!

    [YOUTUBE]t4gSqU7Uz3A[/YOUTUBE]
    Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

    sigpic

    Comment

    • Surfah
      Where's Wallace?
      • Nov 2008
      • 33726

      #1622
      Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
      Some positive flow coming out of The Ciudad.

      OC register reports (via Lakers assistant GM) that the Lakers have now bumped their offer to "north of 8M." They are hopeful they can get the deal done soon.

      Please let Lamar (and his agent) be reasonable and accept. This shows more willingness on the part of the Lakers to take an even bigger luxury tax hit. Now let's see what Lamar is willing to sacrifice.



      Also, in horribly sad news, it looks like Sun Yue is gonzo. Dude has stiffed the Lakers summer league team two years in a row in favor of playing in China. I wonder whether Sun is being advised by Trevor Ariza's agent.....
      Well it's good to see that things are at least progressing and seemingly positive with LO.

      I like Sun. I think it's good to have him on the team, if for nothing more than he makes the team more interesting to a billion people and that puts more money in the Lakers' pockets. But he is certainly expendable. Last year's absence is excusable. But if he wants to be an NBA player he needs to put his due in this year. I know he's playing in some FIBA Asian games, but honestly how important is that? Do you think they need him to beat the likes of Korea, Japan, etc?
      "Nobody listens to Turtle."
      -Turtle
      sigpic

      Comment

      • Surfah
        Where's Wallace?
        • Nov 2008
        • 33726

        #1623
        Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
        Boston FSN hates Kobe. No worries....just keep talking about the Lakers!

        [YOUTUBE]t4gSqU7Uz3A[/YOUTUBE]
        This is like the argument I have with a 9 year old kid in my primary class every week when he comes up to me with a new reason why LeBron James is the best basketball player. It usually involves "because," "'cause," and "he sucks."
        "Nobody listens to Turtle."
        -Turtle
        sigpic

        Comment

        • TripletDaddy
          sweet triple
          • Nov 2008
          • 58186

          #1624
          Originally posted by Surfah View Post
          This is like the argument I have with a 9 year old kid in my primary class every week when he comes up to me with a new reason why LeBron James is the best basketball player. It usually involves "because," "'cause," and "he sucks."
          Truthfully, that is as good as any other argument I have heard on that topic, regardless of age.

          I think Lebronze mania will cool a bit until he wins a ring. His failure to cash in this season after winning an MVP and finishing with the league's best record, coupled with his crash and burn post season has turned the media away. This was supposed to be his season and it didnt come close to panning out. It will get harder each season to keep pimping the guy as anything other than Lebronminique.

          This next season will be all about the Lakers title defense and Lebron will simply be another side-angle to the main storyline. Along with the Celtics and possibly the Magic. The Cavs storyline will be muddle by Shaq, anyway. If the Cavs have a great season again, who do you think will get more questions.....Lebron about winning his first ring......or Shaq about meeting Kobe in the Finals?

          That being said, once LBJ does win his first ring, I doubt Kobe ever sniffs a magazine cover again in his life. It will finally be time for Lebron to run the show. And rightfully so.
          Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

          sigpic

          Comment

          • TripletDaddy
            sweet triple
            • Nov 2008
            • 58186

            #1625
            Lakers Championship DVD goes on sale tomorrow. VIP Premiere tonight at the Nokia Theater (across the street from Staples).

            http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-spw...,2059213.story

            The reason this is important is that Lamar Odom is scheduled to attend. This is a good sign. Whereas Trevor Ariza (who is clearly still in town) is not scheduled to attend. Not sure whether that was Trevor's call (I am sure the team has no problem with him coming), but Lamar showing up can be viewed as a positive signal.
            Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

            sigpic

            Comment

            • Surfah
              Where's Wallace?
              • Nov 2008
              • 33726

              #1626
              Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
              Lakers Championship DVD goes on sale tomorrow. VIP Premiere tonight at the Nokia Theater (across the street from Staples).

              http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-spw...,2059213.story

              The reason this is important is that Lamar Odom is scheduled to attend. This is a good sign. Whereas Trevor Ariza (who is clearly still in town) is not scheduled to attend. Not sure whether that was Trevor's call (I am sure the team has no problem with him coming), but Lamar showing up can be viewed as a positive signal.
              That was one thing I didn't think of. Opening night the Lakers will get to hang their banner, wear their rings, etc. Ariza will get his sometime down the road, probably when the Rockets come to town and he'll have an awkward handshake at center court under a chorus of boos.
              "Nobody listens to Turtle."
              -Turtle
              sigpic

              Comment

              • TripletDaddy
                sweet triple
                • Nov 2008
                • 58186

                #1627
                This was just posted today, apparently. Sent out via LakersNation.

                Someone finally audio-dubbed Chick's gamecast over the televised version of the Lakers/Celtics Baby Hook NBA Finals game.

                It is a truncated second half over 9 minutes. Fun to see some of these old players on both sides of the ball. A few things that I had forgotten about this game:

                1. Larry Bird.....guy was amazing. Hits pretty much every single shot he takes, even the impossible ones.
                2. James Worthy was amazing.
                3. Cap missed a key FT...very unlike him.
                4. Ainge...not bad for a BYU boy. He had some nice moves.
                5. While Bird does miss the final shot, I forgot that he missed it by inches. Maybe even ONE inch. That was a nice attempt for :02 on the clock.

                [youtube]krYBPN_0HXw[/youtube]
                Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

                sigpic

                Comment

                • HuskyFreeNorthwest
                  Time to camp
                  • Nov 2008
                  • 26082

                  #1628
                  Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
                  Lakers Championship DVD goes on sale tomorrow. VIP Premiere tonight at the Nokia Theater (across the street from Staples).
                  I wonder where the Jazz VIP Premiere of the championship video will take place? Maybe The Villa?
                  Get confident, stupid
                  -landpoke

                  Comment

                  • JohnnyLingo
                    La Naranja
                    • Nov 2008
                    • 3976

                    #1629
                    Husky, you're fully aware that your online persona is that of a complete asshole, right? I mean, I assume that is your intent, but just in case you were unaware of how you're perceived, I'm here to help you out.

                    Comment

                    • HuskyFreeNorthwest
                      Time to camp
                      • Nov 2008
                      • 26082

                      #1630
                      Originally posted by JohnnyLingo View Post
                      Husky, you're fully aware that your online persona is that of a complete asshole, right? I mean, I assume that is your intent, but just in case you were unaware of how you're perceived, I'm here to help you out.
                      Cool, thanks. Always nice to have people looking out for you.
                      Get confident, stupid
                      -landpoke

                      Comment

                      • scottie
                        Senior Member
                        • Nov 2008
                        • 5247

                        #1631
                        Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
                        This was just posted today, apparently. Sent out via LakersNation.

                        Someone finally audio-dubbed Chick's gamecast over the televised version of the Lakers/Celtics Baby Hook NBA Finals game.

                        It is a truncated second half over 9 minutes. Fun to see some of these old players on both sides of the ball. A few things that I had forgotten about this game:

                        1. Larry Bird.....guy was amazing. Hits pretty much every single shot he takes, even the impossible ones.
                        2. James Worthy was amazing.
                        3. Cap missed a key FT...very unlike him.
                        4. Ainge...not bad for a BYU boy. He had some nice moves.
                        5. While Bird does miss the final shot, I forgot that he missed it by inches. Maybe even ONE inch. That was a nice attempt for :02 on the clock.

                        [youtube]krYBPN_0HXw[/youtube]
                        People in my age group (probably 35 and older?) who were either Lakers or Celtics fans, the 80s were such a great time to be NBA fans. I was a serious Celtics fan (90% of it b/c of Ainge), and some of my most vivid memories, not just NBA memories but all memories, are from watching Celts-Lakers Finals, Dick Stockton on the play-by-play. They only played in three head-to-head Finals, but between them they were in all ten that decade (LA in eight, Boston in five).

                        Comment

                        • Flystripper
                          Degenerate Gambler
                          • Nov 2008
                          • 14095

                          #1632
                          Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
                          This was just posted today, apparently. Sent out via LakersNation.

                          Someone finally audio-dubbed Chick's gamecast over the televised version of the Lakers/Celtics Baby Hook NBA Finals game.

                          It is a truncated second half over 9 minutes. Fun to see some of these old players on both sides of the ball. A few things that I had forgotten about this game:

                          1. Larry Bird.....guy was amazing. Hits pretty much every single shot he takes, even the impossible ones.
                          2. James Worthy was amazing.
                          3. Cap missed a key FT...very unlike him.
                          4. Ainge...not bad for a BYU boy. He had some nice moves.
                          5. While Bird does miss the final shot, I forgot that he missed it by inches. Maybe even ONE inch. That was a nice attempt for :02 on the clock.

                          [youtube]krYBPN_0HXw[/youtube]
                          Thank you for finding and posting that. I miss chick That was some unbelievable basketball. The Lakers and Celtics were so stacked.
                          Dyslexics are teople poo...

                          Comment

                          • Surfah
                            Where's Wallace?
                            • Nov 2008
                            • 33726

                            #1633
                            Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
                            This was just posted today, apparently. Sent out via LakersNation.

                            Someone finally audio-dubbed Chick's gamecast over the televised version of the Lakers/Celtics Baby Hook NBA Finals game.

                            It is a truncated second half over 9 minutes. Fun to see some of these old players on both sides of the ball. A few things that I had forgotten about this game:

                            1. Larry Bird.....guy was amazing. Hits pretty much every single shot he takes, even the impossible ones.
                            2. James Worthy was amazing.
                            3. Cap missed a key FT...very unlike him.
                            4. Ainge...not bad for a BYU boy. He had some nice moves.
                            5. While Bird does miss the final shot, I forgot that he missed it by inches. Maybe even ONE inch. That was a nice attempt for :02 on the clock.

                            [youtube]krYBPN_0HXw[/youtube]
                            Epic. James Worthy truly was Big Game. Man, is it possible that he underrated? That crossover and dunk on McHale was nasty. As much as Cooper was noted for his defense, you can't sleep on his 3 ball. The tempo then was frenetic. Even the bigs, watching Thomson, Cap, McHale, Chief were all over the place.
                            "Nobody listens to Turtle."
                            -Turtle
                            sigpic

                            Comment

                            • Surfah
                              Where's Wallace?
                              • Nov 2008
                              • 33726

                              #1634
                              Originally posted by Flystripper View Post
                              Thank you for finding and posting that. I miss chick
                              Me too. The guy is one of a kind. How fortunate has LA been to have Chick and Vin? I hope Chick is calling games in heaven.
                              "Nobody listens to Turtle."
                              -Turtle
                              sigpic

                              Comment

                              • scottie
                                Senior Member
                                • Nov 2008
                                • 5247

                                #1635
                                Originally posted by Surfah View Post
                                Epic. James Worthy truly was Big Game. Man, is it possible that he underrated? That crossover and dunk on McHale was nasty. As much as Cooper was noted for his defense, you can't sleep on his 3 ball. The tempo then was frenetic. Even the bigs, watching Thomson, Cap, McHale, Chief were all over the place.
                                I Googled "How did the Lakers have the #1 pick in 1982" and found this:

                                1982 Pick: The situation was the result of a trade with Cleveland midway through the 1979-80 season, when the Lakers had sent Don Ford and a 1980 first-round pick (eventually Chad Kinch) to the Cavaliers for Butch Lee and their 1982 selection. Fortuitously for the Lakers, Cleveland had finished with the league's worst record in 1981-82, giving Los Angeles first crack at a talented crop of college players. It marked the first time in NBA history that a reigning champion held the No. 1 pick. They also had to win a coin flip with the San Diego Clippers over the #1 pick, which they did. The pick was James Worthy.

                                Comment

                                Working...