Donald Sterling

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • old_gregg
    scaly man fish
    • Nov 2009
    • 16915

    #106
    Originally posted by byu71 View Post
    I have said, I don't have a lot of time and thus can't post anymore this afternoon. I am off to play golf. Most of you know where. I sincerely hope with all my might you are impressed. Especially my buddy and his toadie.
    please update when your schedule permits. thanks in advance.
    Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

    Comment

    • Green Monstah
      Royal Rooter
      • Aug 2010
      • 13955

      #107


      Wow. I'm not sure how this is possible, but it was the only thing the NBA could do--whether they have the right to do it or not.
      Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

      "Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

      Comment

      • Northwestcoug
        Cocked and Loaded
        • May 2011
        • 18016

        #108
        Originally posted by smokymountainrain View Post
        I happen to have a cousin (a welder by trade) that can take care of it by himself. I'll check to see if he's interested and keep you posted.
        I'm going to need more income verification on your 'cousin' before I start pledging my money.
        "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
        "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
        - SeattleUte

        Comment

        • TripletDaddy
          sweet triple
          • Nov 2008
          • 58186

          #109
          New NBA Commish sez: Any questions?

          Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

          sigpic

          Comment

          • smokymountainrain
            Impressive Member
            • Nov 2008
            • 22593

            #110
            Yikes. This seems like an awfully stiff penalty, especially considering the fact Sterling came out with that sincere apology after having been embarrassed that Trump supports him.
            I'm like LeBron James.
            -mpfunk

            Comment

            • Blueintheface
              Senior Member
              • Sep 2009
              • 15382

              #111
              Silver looked genuinely pissed off. Awesome hammer drop.
              "Either evolution or intelligent design can account for the athlete, but neither can account for the sports fan." - Robert Brault

              "Once I seen the trades go down and the other guys signed elsewhere," he said, "I knew it was my time now." - Derrick Favors

              Comment

              • fusnik
                Senior Member
                • Nov 2008
                • 4475

                #112
                Originally posted by imanihonjin View Post
                I can't wait to see what the league is going to do to Jay-Z now.
                You do realize Jay Z isn't an owner, right?

                And I don't understand posts like this and 71s, it's really bizarre.

                Comment

                • Blueintheface
                  Senior Member
                  • Sep 2009
                  • 15382

                  #113
                  Originally posted by fusnik View Post
                  You do realize Jay Z isn't an owner, right?

                  And I don't understand posts like this and 71s, it's really bizarre.
                  What's not to understand? It's deflection and justification. It's why Sterling made the comment about Trump and it's why people who share some of Sterling's views choose to bring up comments from others rather than lambasting the moron in question. It is bizarre but having been a longtime CB poster it's a behavior I'm very familiar with.
                  "Either evolution or intelligent design can account for the athlete, but neither can account for the sports fan." - Robert Brault

                  "Once I seen the trades go down and the other guys signed elsewhere," he said, "I knew it was my time now." - Derrick Favors

                  Comment

                  • HuskyFreeNorthwest
                    Time to camp
                    • Nov 2008
                    • 26082

                    #114
                    So with the lifetime ban, they are basically just saying you have to sell correct?

                    It is still his team and money at this point, so in a month who has to agree to contracts and extensions, possibly exceeding the salary cap etc. if Sterling owns but is suspended?
                    Get confident, stupid
                    -landpoke

                    Comment

                    • Surfah
                      Where's Wallace?
                      • Nov 2008
                      • 33726

                      #115
                      Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
                      So with the lifetime ban, they are basically just saying you have to sell correct?

                      It is still his team and money at this point, so in a month who has to agree to contracts and extensions, possibly exceeding the salary cap etc. if Sterling owns but is suspended?
                      I'm really not sure how it works. Several people say he will continue to write and collect checks but will not be involved in day to day operations. The owners though will vote and force him to sell. Sterling will take the NBA to court and this will be long and drawn out I'm sure.
                      "Nobody listens to Turtle."
                      -Turtle
                      sigpic

                      Comment

                      • smokymountainrain
                        Impressive Member
                        • Nov 2008
                        • 22593

                        #116
                        Originally posted by Surfah View Post
                        I'm really not sure how it works. Several people say he will continue to write and collect checks but will not be involved in day to day operations. The owners though will vote and force him to sell. Sterling will take the NBA to court and this will be long and drawn out I'm sure.
                        It will be interesting. Based on what I've heard the last few days, he's not really involved much in the day to day operations anyway. If he's still writing and collecting checks, I'm not sure that solves anything. Perhaps the league's hands are tied on this issue, but I'm not sure what the suspension really means if it's as you've described above.
                        I'm like LeBron James.
                        -mpfunk

                        Comment

                        • old_gregg
                          scaly man fish
                          • Nov 2009
                          • 16915

                          #117
                          it's going to be pretty funny when sterling sells and brings an nfl team to la
                          Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

                          Comment

                          • HuskyFreeNorthwest
                            Time to camp
                            • Nov 2008
                            • 26082

                            #118
                            Originally posted by old_gregg View Post
                            it's going to be pretty funny when sterling sells and brings an nfl team to la
                            Every game would start with a 15 yard penalty on his team.
                            Get confident, stupid
                            -landpoke

                            Comment

                            • SoCalCoug
                              Ragnar Lodbrok Descendant
                              • Nov 2008
                              • 5214

                              #119
                              Bravo, Silver! It was absolutely the right decision and the right precedent to set.

                              Yes, he was a bad guy all along, but he'd done nothing actionable.

                              Clippers fans have wanted Sterling to sell the team for a long time. He's been the worst owner in pro sports for 30 years.
                              If we disagree on something, it's because you're wrong.

                              "Somebody needs to kill my trial attorney." — Last words of George Harris, executed in Missouri on Sept. 13, 2000.

                              "Nothing is too good to be true, nothing is too good to last, nothing is too wonderful to happen." - Florence Scoville Shinn

                              Comment

                              • Coach McGuirk
                                1
                                • Nov 2008
                                • 12109

                                #120
                                Originally posted by SoCalCoug View Post
                                Bravo, Silver! It was absolutely the right decision and the right precedent to set.

                                Yes, he was a bad guy all along, but he'd done nothing actionable.

                                Clippers fans have wanted Sterling to sell the team for a long time. He's been the worst owner in pro sports for 30 years.
                                and the easiest decision ever in the history of decisions. Well, maybe second easiest decision right behind "should I eat pizza tonight?".

                                Comment

                                Working...