NBA 2012-2013

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Jazz were right to let him go.

Jerry was also right to use him in the manner that he did.

:bitter:
    Will donate kidney for B12 membership.

Comment

• Hollinger's biggest surprise of the year so far is AK.

Which takes us to the real story here, Andrei Kirilenko. He's been the best player on one of the league's best teams, posting a 20.87 PER while shooting 57.1 percent from the floor and averaging nearly two blocks plus 1.7 steals per game. He's also made several clutch plays as a go-to offensive player, none more impressive than his pass to Budinger to beat Indiana at the buzzer last week.

With a fairly easy stretch of schedule upcoming, the Wolves now are looking at the possibility of having double-digit wins banked by the time Love returns, especially if Pekovic can return quickly from his ankle sprain.

As a result, Kirilenko tops my list of the league's surprises in the early going.
      http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/story...e-season-makes
      So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

Comment

• Originally posted by MarkGrace View Post
        Hollinger's biggest surprise of the year so far is AK.

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/story...e-season-makes
        All AK wants to do is shoot. You can't ever trust him to put the ball in his hands more often on the offensive end.

Comment

• Knicks up 30-19 so far in the 4th quarter on the road in SA. About to beat the Spurs on a night when Carmelo scores 9.

Comment

• "LeBron passed a clutch shot and nobody cared."

Consider this: James passed the ball in crunchtime on Thursday night and there doesn't seem to be an ounce of outrage out there.

Not a peep.

And not only did James not take a shot with the game in balance -- which would have been the macho thing to do -- he passed it to Cole, who had been shooting a frigid 2-for-11 in the game and generally the last person you'd expect to take the shot.

Why would the reigning MVP do such a thing?

Because Cole was wide open.
            @tomhaberstroh
            LeBron has as many assists (6) in 20 mins of clutch play as Chris Paul, Deron Williams and Tony Parker in 44 mins combined. (via NBA/stats)
            http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/mia...d-no-one-cared

Comment

• So Bynum has been doing nothing to let his right knee heal. And now he has swelling and cartilage damage in his left knee.

LA turned that into Dwight Howard.

Comment

• But they shouldn't have had to give up anything besides Bynum for Howard. Fair trade, that one.
                Will donate kidney for B12 membership.

Comment

• Uncle Drew scores 26 points tonight, yet in 34 mins doesn't get one single assist.

Comment

• CJ Miles has averages of .234/.217/.000 (not FT attempts yet). He also has a PER of -3.69. Breakout year.

Comment

• Originally posted by MarkGrace View Post
                      CJ Miles has averages of .234/.217/.000 (not FT attempts yet). He also has a PER of -3.69. Breakout year.
                      The next Ray Allen.
                      Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

• Kobe has been playing the best offensive basketball of his career so far this year. And it looks like the system change is only going to help.

Pretty impressive given his age and his participation in the Olympics again. They have played all but 2 games at home so far, but his start has been terrific.

Comment

• Originally posted by BGRTHNUMEGO View Post
                          Kobe has been playing the best offensive basketball of his career so far this year. And it looks like the system change is only going to help.

Pretty impressive given his age and his participation in the Olympics again. They have played all but 2 games at home so far, but his start has been terrific.
                          To watch Kobe, you would think he's 24, not 34.
                          I'm like LeBron James.
                          -mpfunk

Comment

• @ESPNSteinLine
                            Dunk flap aside, Elias says @Dame_Lillard is the first rook to average 19 ppg & 6 apg through 10 games since Isiah Thomas (21 & 7) in 1981
                            Well done, Mr. Lillard.

Comment

• I was getting worried there for a little while that I might owe SMR lunch with Harrison Barnes' slow play out of the gate. But Barnes now leads Beal and Waiters in PER and has a huge gap on them in eFG% (53.5 for Barnes, 46.5 for Waiters, and only 40.5 for Beal). I don't have numbers to corroborate, but if Twitter opinions from NBA guys matter he has been the superior defensive player to this point as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by BGRTHNUMEGO View Post
                                I was getting worried there for a little while that I might owe SMR lunch with Harrison Barnes' slow play out of the gate. But Barnes now leads Beal and Waiters in PER and has a huge gap on them in eFG% (53.5 for Barnes, 46.5 for Waiters, and only 40.5 for Beal). I don't have numbers to corroborate, but if Twitter opinions from NBA guys matter he has been the superior defensive player to this point as well.
                                If I knew at the time of this bet Barnes was drafted by GSW, I'm a moran. Stats are always inflated on that team.

That said, I don't remember the details of the bet, but the season is long, my friend.
                                I'm like LeBron James.
                                -mpfunk

Comment

Working...
                                X