No announcement yet.

The Official Jimmerphilia Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bill Walton is basketball's Gary Busey.

Comment

• Originally posted by BigPiney View Post
      I'm listening to this right now. According to Bill, Jimmer is an inspiration and what he did on Saturday is what makes basketball the greatest game in the world. The man is never short on hyperbole and he's laying it on.
      So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

Comment

• Jimmer is a "champion of the human spirit."

Comment

• "Put the ball up into the air to decide the fate of western civilization one more time."

Comment

• The announcers ask one question, then don't get a word in for a solid 8 minutes. Bill then says, "good morning guys, how are you?"

Friggin' awesome. That thing is a must listen.

Comment

• Originally posted by MarkGrace View Post
              I'm listening to this right now. According to Bill, Jimmer is an inspiration and what he did on Saturday is what makes basketball the greatest game in the world. The man is never short on hyperbole and he's laying it on.
              Walton was interviewed at the All Star game on media day and he was asked about Jerry Sloan.

Walton said to the effect, "If Jerry Sloan is forced to leave like this, something is wrong in the world."

That guy is great. I wonder if he talks like that to his wife or kids.
              Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
                Walton was interviewed at the All Star game on media day and he was asked about Jerry Sloan.

Walton said to the effect, "If Jerry Sloan is forced to leave like this, something is wrong in the world."

That guy is great. I wonder if he talks like that to his wife or kids.
                From some of the stuff I have read Luke say, yes.
                "Nobody listens to Turtle."
                -Turtle
                sigpic

Comment

• SDSU found out Jimmer AND his girlfriend are unshakable

But Fredette’s girlfriend is made of sterner stuff than me. Here’s what she said.

“I wasn’t that upset about it, I was just, I didn’t want them to say bad things about me,” Wonnacott told The Daily Aztec, the SDSU student newspaper. “I’m not mad at all.”
                  Jimmer AND his girlfriend are unshakeable? This is bad news for the college hoops world. (Unless you’re a Cougar fan.)
                  Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

• Facebook Poking Jimmer Fredette’s Girlfriend, And Other Psychological Warfare Tactics

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

• Wow, so Jimmer was still a pretty sick puppy this time last year.

Cougar Tracks - Gimme Five

BYU is the only Mountain West Conference team to finish the regular season with two home games. BYU hosts New Mexico Wednesday night and Wyoming on Saturday afternoon. The Cougars are on a 12-game homecourt win streak; the last team to beat BYU in Provo was New Mexico on February 27th, 2010, in BYU's regular season home finale.

Fredette was sick during that game, scoring 6 points in only 16 minutes of play.

Comment

• Originally posted by MarkGrace View Post
                        Um, holy shit that is awesome. I didn't open that link until now, and there's at least 6 shirts there I want.

Jimmer High Life
                        Tim Riggins - Outlaw
                        Riggins Rigs
                        The Land Strip
                        The Dillon state champs
                        The BYU '84

And that's jut the first page.
                        http://skreened.com/ezrascloset/jimm...fredette-shirt

Dammit. No longer listed. I want one of those.
                        "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                        "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                        "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by Katy Lied View Post
                          My first Jimmory was also via CB. Some guy brought up a BYU recruit from GF. Another guy said he had a story about this recruit. His ward ball team was playing the team from near GF, and they only had 4 players but asked if some guy's little brother could play, a fat deacon. Wanting to play, and assured of a victory, they said sure. Jimmer shot from everywhere and killed them.

Gotta find that post in the CB archives.
                          Yah, that's my first memory about Jimmer too.

http://www.cougarboard.com/board/mes...tml?id=2549845

Comment

• Originally posted by Jennerstein View Post
                            Yah, that's my first memory about Jimmer too.

http://www.cougarboard.com/board/mes...tml?id=2549845
                            That story should be sent to CBS to be used in their human interest stories. The story is as good as him playing against the inmates.

In addition non-members throughout the US would be asking, what is church Basketball. A great entry point to teach and convert.

Comment

• Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
                              Ladies Love Cool Jimmer
                              yes they do.... indeed they do. Another Commando Joint, ya'll...

"I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

• Here's a little ditty I whipped up...

[YOUTUBE]XtEYdm_ptes[/YOUTUBE]
                                Last edited by Commando; 03-01-2011, 02:14 AM.
                                "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

Working...
                                X