The Official Jimmerphilia Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by creekster View Post
    His shooting skill is nba level, tonight notwithstanding. His ability to get his shot in the nba is not. There’s a difference.
    Oh no he was getting good shots alright. He just wasn't hitting. :/ I don't expect that to keep up- he'll improve. As a matter of fact, his offensive moves look much expanded- he was very aggressive but lots of gimme shots, lay-ins, etc. rimmed out. (!) Also, he was doing his best to get the the line drawing fouls in the paint and the refs were noticeably swallowing their whistles, which he became visibly frustrated about.
    Last edited by Commando; 03-26-2019, 06:15 AM.
    "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

• Originally posted by Commando View Post
      Oh no he was getting good shots alright. He just wasn't hitting. :/ I don't expect that to keep up- he'll improve. As a matter of fact, his offensive moves look much expanded- he was very aggressive but lots of gimme shots, lay-ins, etc. rimmed out. (!) Also, he was doing his best to get the the line drawing fouls in the paint and the refs were noticeably swallowing their whistles, which he became visibly frustrated about.
      I wasn't referring to last night. I was using Funk's didactic, provincial silliness to point out that by any measure Jimmer has NBA qualty shooting abilities (last night notwithstanding). And you're right, last night he did get some looks, although I am not sure he can make a living that way even if some of them start to fall.
      PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

• Originally posted by creekster View Post
        I wasn't referring to last night. I was using Funk's didactic, provincial silliness to point out that by any measure Jimmer has NBA qualty shooting abilities (last night notwithstanding). And you're right, last night he did get some looks, although I am not sure he can make a living that way even if some of them start to fall.
        I think it's actually pretty remarkable to get 14 minutes at all 1.5 games into his contract. Starting at zero chemistry with the teammates, probably only a couple shoot arounds and then onto the floor immediately? He'll definitely warm up to his role there-- like he said NBA basketball is a bit of a different game than what they do in the Chinese league, and not just because of the caliber of player over there. I'm not too worried about Jimmer getting to a place where he's making a solid contribution, playing good defense (he did wrangle a steal by pouncing on a passing lane before tiptoeing along the boundary and getting whistled for a travel), and hitting the three in rhythm like he's supposed to be doing.
        "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

• He’s got 6 points in 6 minutes tonight.

If the coaches just believed in him and gave him a chance he would be scoring 40+ per game!

Comment

• Jimmer scores 10 on 5/11 shooting in 22 minutes. He took 2 questionable shots late but really looked solid for most of the game. Suns follow that up by giving him 2 DNPs where he was the only guy on the team not to play. Then last night in a game they were down 30 to the Rockets at the half he gets in the final 4 minutes of the game.

I don't know what to think anymore. The Suns have the worst record in the NBA but I guess they feel like in 30 total NBA minutes they were able to scout JImmer and decide he wasn't a fit.

Or

Igor knows he is on his way out and is trying to piss off management

Or

Signing Jimmer was a cash grab for Sarver and the Suns hoping to sell tickets and create buzz at the end of a lost season.

or

Maybe Jimmer is playing to hard and they worry if they play him they might win .

Anyone watch the Jimmer documentary on Saturday? Keith Smart admitted to misusing JImmer. Paul Westphal said he still believed in Jimmer and saying he doesn't play D is bullshit and a total excuse. He said Steph and Harden don't play D either. But coaches need an excuse for not playing him so they use the defense argument.
            *Banned*

Comment

• Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
              Jimmer scores 10 on 5/11 shooting in 22 minutes. He took 2 questionable shots late but really looked solid for most of the game. Suns follow that up by giving him 2 DNPs where he was the only guy on the team not to play. Then last night in a game they were down 30 to the Rockets at the half he gets in the final 4 minutes of the game.

I don't know what to think anymore. The Suns have the worst record in the NBA but I guess they feel like in 30 total NBA minutes they were able to scout JImmer and decide he wasn't a fit.

Or

Igor knows he is on his way out and is trying to piss off management

Or

Signing Jimmer was a cash grab for Sarver and the Suns hoping to sell tickets and create buzz at the end of a lost season.

or

Maybe Jimmer is playing to hard and they worry if they play him they might win .

Anyone watch the Jimmer documentary on Saturday? Keith Smart admitted to misusing JImmer. Paul Westphal said he still believed in Jimmer and saying he doesn't play D is bullshit and a total excuse. He said Steph and Harden don't play D either. But coaches need an excuse for not playing him so they use the defense argument.

It is hard to make comparisons because of Fredette's limited minutes, but his advanced defensive statistics are worse than both Harden and Curry.

Even if his defense was equal to Harden and Steph, he hasn't demonstrated even a fraction of their offensive ability. He can't get to the basket or the line like Harden. He isn't nearly as good of a shooter as Curry. He is also a worse ball handler and passer than both of them.
              As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
              --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

• Originally posted by MartyFunkhouser View Post

It is hard to make comparisons because of Fredette's limited minutes, but his advanced defensive statistics are worse than both Harden and Curry.

Even if his defense was equal to Harden and Steph, he hasn't demonstrated even a fraction of their offensive ability. He can't get to the basket or the line like Harden. He isn't nearly as good of a shooter as Curry. He is also a worse ball handler and passer than both of them.
                You're saying that Jimmer is not as good as two of the top 5 players in the NBA???
                Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Funk, keep your dumb smack out of this thread.
                  "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                  "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                  "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by falafel View Post
                    You're saying that Jimmer is not as good as two of the top 5 players in the NBA???
                    Which is exactly why what Westphal said in bringing up Curry and Harden was so incredibly stupid.
                    --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                      Funk, keep your dumb smack out of this thread.
                      It is retribution for you running smack in my hockey threads. SJBH
                      --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

• Originally posted by MartyFunkhouser View Post
                        It is retribution for you running smack in my hockey threads. SJBH
                        Me? Are you kidding? I never even open those threads.
                        "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                        "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                        "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

“Every player dreams of being a Yankee, and if they don’t it’s because they never got the chance.” Aroldis Chapman

Comment

lol

Yeah, so dumb. Like those pokeman, craft beer, and dungeons and dragons threads.
                            Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

• Look at a guy like Grayson Allen. A powerhouse in college, but a slow starter in the NBA. Through a year of patient development with the Jazz, he's quite effective on the floor and looks like he belongs in the NBA. That's what should have happened to Jimmer, but the Kings are a bullshit organization. I was physically depressed on draft day when it looked like he was going to the Kings.

Comment

• Jimmer going to Greece I guess.
                                Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Working...
                                X