Super Bowl prediction

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • BoylenOver
    Junior Member
    • Nov 2008
    • 9146

    #1

    Super Bowl prediction

    Give me the Steelers and the points.

    I would love to be wrong.

    Oh, and heartburn/drunkenness.
    Last edited by BoylenOver; 02-01-2009, 01:58 PM.
    "I don't know the origin of said bitch booming."-Art Vandelay
    "Hot Lunch posted awhile back on this. He knows more than anyone except for maybe BO."-Seattle Ute
  • CardiacCoug
    вот так штука
    • Nov 2008
    • 11013

    #2
    Steelers by 14.

    I would love to see Arizona win it, but I don't see that as likely.

    Comment

    • DrumNFeather
      Invisible Swordsman
      • Nov 2008
      • 8854

      #3
      I'm in the same boat, but I will take that limb and say Cardinals 27 Steelers 23
      "They're good. They've always been good" - David Shaw.

      Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

      Comment

      • RockyBalboa
        Banned
        • Nov 2008
        • 2127

        #4
        I'll say Steelers 20 Cardinals 13

        I'm indifferent in regards to love or hate for either team, but if I had to choose to cheer for one team it would be the Cardinals for a few reasons.

        1. They are the underdog.

        2. I used to live in Arizona and NO ONE,,,and I mean NO ONE ever gave a ratsass about the Cardinals. Heck when I lived there the Phoenix Coyotes were more popular.

        3. Brett Keisel and Chris Hoke (not sure about Hoke), the fellow Cougar alums already have their Superbowl Rings, and Aaron Francisco doesn't.

        4. The Steelers, 49ers and Cowboys are tied for the most SuperBowl wins of all time at 5, and if the Steelers win they become #1 in that regard.

        But in the end I really don't care.

        Comment

        • Sizzle
          #ThisIsY
          • Nov 2008
          • 9004

          #5
          Originally posted by RockyBalboa View Post
          4. The Steelers, 49ers and Cowboys are tied for the most SuperBowl wins of all time at 5, and if the Steelers win they become #1 in that regard.
          This is reason #1 why I am cheering for Arizona. Sadly, San Fran is probably the team furthest away from winning #6 first, so that really sucks. If I were betting, I'd take Pittsburg and the points.

          Comment

          • DrumNFeather
            Invisible Swordsman
            • Nov 2008
            • 8854

            #6
            Originally posted by DrumNFeather View Post
            I'm in the same boat, but I will take that limb and say Cardinals 27 Steelers 23
            Well, I got the score right, just not the winner. That's gotta count for something, right?
            "They're good. They've always been good" - David Shaw.

            Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

            Comment

            • cougjunkie
              *Banned*
              • Nov 2008
              • 23223

              #7
              Steelers fans can thank Aaron Francisco, man did he have a rough 4th quarter.
              *Banned*

              Comment

              • DrumNFeather
                Invisible Swordsman
                • Nov 2008
                • 8854

                #8
                Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
                Steelers fans can thank Aaron Francisco, man did he have a rough 4th quarter.
                I would have a rough 4th Quarter too after getting pounded for no aparent reason by Harrison.
                "They're good. They've always been good" - David Shaw.

                Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

                Comment

                • cougjunkie
                  *Banned*
                  • Nov 2008
                  • 23223

                  #9
                  Originally posted by DrumNFeather View Post
                  I would have a rough 4th Quarter too after getting pounded for no aparent reason by Harrison.
                  Yeah that was about as big of a cheap shot as I have seen. Harrison is a punk.

                  By the way I loved Santonio Holmes doing the Lebron pregame ritual after the TD.
                  *Banned*

                  Comment

                  • il Padrino Ute
                    Junior Member
                    • Nov 2008
                    • 19161

                    #10
                    Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
                    Steelers fans can thank Aaron Francisco, man did he have a rough 4th quarter.
                    I'm going to have to point this out my good zoob neighbor who blamed Andre Dyson for causing Tennessee to lose because he was tackled short of the goal line.
                    "Socialism is a philosophy of failure, the creed of ignorance and the gospel of envy; its inherent virtue is the equal sharing of misery." - Winston Churchill


                    "I only know what I hear on the news." - Dear Leader

                    Comment

                    • il Padrino Ute
                      Junior Member
                      • Nov 2008
                      • 19161

                      #11
                      Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
                      Yeah that was about as big of a cheap shot as I have seen. Harrison is a punk.
                      What happened?

                      I turned on the game just as Fitzgerald crossed the goal line to put the Cards up.
                      "Socialism is a philosophy of failure, the creed of ignorance and the gospel of envy; its inherent virtue is the equal sharing of misery." - Winston Churchill


                      "I only know what I hear on the news." - Dear Leader

                      Comment

                      • DrumNFeather
                        Invisible Swordsman
                        • Nov 2008
                        • 8854

                        #12
                        Originally posted by il Padrino Ute View Post
                        What happened?

                        I turned on the game just as Fitzgerald crossed the goal line to put the Cards up.
                        He held Francisco's head down and then once he let him up, knocked him on his ass.
                        "They're good. They've always been good" - David Shaw.

                        Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

                        Comment

                        • cougjunkie
                          *Banned*
                          • Nov 2008
                          • 23223

                          #13
                          Originally posted by il Padrino Ute View Post
                          What happened?

                          I turned on the game just as Fitzgerald crossed the goal line to put the Cards up.
                          On a Punt, Francisco went to cut block Harrison, but Harrison wasnt rushing, so Aaron was on his knees as the punt was kicked. Harrison stood over him and kept hitting him in the face, then as soon as Francisco went to get up, Harrison drilled him. It was very dirty and drew a personal foul penalty.
                          *Banned*

                          Comment

                          • il Padrino Ute
                            Junior Member
                            • Nov 2008
                            • 19161

                            #14
                            Originally posted by DrumNFeather View Post
                            He held Francisco's head down and then once he let him up, knocked him on his ass.
                            I hope he got flagged for it.
                            "Socialism is a philosophy of failure, the creed of ignorance and the gospel of envy; its inherent virtue is the equal sharing of misery." - Winston Churchill


                            "I only know what I hear on the news." - Dear Leader

                            Comment

                            • DrumNFeather
                              Invisible Swordsman
                              • Nov 2008
                              • 8854

                              #15
                              Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
                              On a Punt, Francisco went to cut block Harrison, but Harrison wasnt rushing, so Aaron was on his knees as the punt was kicked. Harrison stood over him and kept hitting him in the face, then as soon as Francisco went to get up, Harrison drilled him. It was very dirty and drew a personal foul penalty.
                              Should've drawn an ejection.
                              "They're good. They've always been good" - David Shaw.

                              Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

                              Comment

                              Working...