The PRIDE of UFC....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
    We both know why he still fought....Dana said close to 1,000,000 ppv buys at $54.95 each. They aren't walking away from that for a little coke. Hell Dana probably snorted a line with him after the fight.
    Dana did look exceptionally peppy after the fight.
    Get confident, stupid
    -landpoke

Comment

• Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
      ha. I hope DC destroys him for this. Jones is a dipshit. He probably didn't feel anything when he was getting hit. I love how he tested positive before the fight but its not a banned substance so he was still allowed to fight. Wow.
      "I am aware of Jon's test, and if there is anything to say it is this: there are a lot of people you impact, so please let's get it together. Good luck on your rehab!"

DC seems to be a good dude.
      I'm your huckleberry.

"I love pulling the bone. Really though, what guy doesn't?" - CJF

Comment

• Originally posted by FN Phat View Post
        "I am aware of Jon's test, and if there is anything to say it is this: there are a lot of people you impact, so please let's get it together. Good luck on your rehab!"

DC seems to be a good dude.
        yeah I read his comments and I was surprised. He took the high road for sure.
        *Banned*

Comment

• Wow, Rumble is a bad dude. Nice tweet by JJ, such a douche.

I'm going next weekend to watch AS fight, have a feeling its going to be s huge letdown.

Comment

• Rumble made short work of Gus. I was wondering if you would make it to the MGM this weekend. I am sure it will be a big let down. The spider will play with Diaz
            I'm your huckleberry.

"I love pulling the bone. Really though, what guy doesn't?" - CJF

Comment

• To be expected considering he returned within a year and was kicking with the thing.

I told CJ, AS is a big dude, he looks skinny on tv but live he's incredibly fast and really big.

I would extol any UFC fan to take in the open work outs, weigh ins, fights just once. If you need a place to stay to make it affordable I have a wing for you.

Comment

• Jon Jones at it again.

Car wreck, abandoned car and weed.

Comment

• Originally posted by fusnik View Post
                  Jon Jones at it again.

Car wreck, abandoned car and weed.
                  Stripped of the title.

Cormier vs. Rumble Johnson for the gold.
                  "They're good. They've always been good" - David Shaw.

Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

Comment

• Originally posted by DrumNFeather View Post
                    Stripped of the title.

Cormier vs. Rumble Johnson for the gold.
                    Cormier wins...post fight interview: "Jon Jones, get your shit together I'm waiting for you !"
                    "They're good. They've always been good" - David Shaw.

Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

Comment

• Weidman and Cormier both got rocked bad early. I thought both were finished.

I've never see Rumble so gassed and beat up. Cormier just took it to him.

I don't know what it is about Weidman but I just don't like him that much. Maybe it's Serra in his corner. Though I am glad he beat Belfort. Never been a Vitor fan and he would have been a terrible champion.

It was disappointing to see Burkman lose. Dude is going to be a weight class gate keeper and prelim fighter for the rest of his career. He had Stun Gun stunned. I know he didn't want to take him to the ground or punch himself out, but that was his best chance to finish him. The flying knee to the head was cool though.
                      "Nobody listens to Turtle."
                      -Turtle
                      sigpic

Comment

• What a week and what a card.

I tried to go to the open workouts and was denied entrance. An hour before the workouts started they had reached capacity.

The press conference reached capacity.

The weigh ins had as many people as the Mayweather / Pacquiao fight. I've been to many weigh ins, which are a blast and free BTW, and they never more than 3k let alone 11k. I didn't go to these, huge mistake.

Prelims were a snore fest.

Main card was unreal.

The Stephens knee (although he did come in fat as hell), the Almeida knee, the Gunnar choke, awesome precursors to what was maybe the craziest fight I've seen. Love that Lawler had turned around his career and punked the TriStar gym.

Still don't know what to make of the Mendes / Conor fight. If Mendes has a full camp I think he wins that fight and wins it fairly easily.

I think he was up 2-0.

Please make the Aldo fight happen, DW said maybe the Jan 2nd card, if it is what a crazy week in Vegas if these crazy Irish people show up again.

Comment

• A friend of mine worked medical there. I don't know jack about UFC but there are bound to be cool injuries. And free great seats. I'm working that connection next time.
                          At least the Big Ten went after a big-time addition in Nebraska; the Pac-10 wanted a game so badly, it added Utah
                          -Berry Trammel, 12/3/10

Comment

• For some reason watching women's ufc is more appealing than men's. No, not for that reason. It's less violent, and I don't fear I'm going to watch one person beat another to death, the way I feel when I've watched men. I know less about MMA, than SU does about football/basketball/golf/baseball, really anything other than law, the lds church, and sexual deviancy, but I assume Rousey is a huge favorite tonight. I don't care enough to pay to watch, but maybe the whole fight will be a gif, like last time.

Comment

• Originally posted by Art Vandelay View Post
                              For some reason watching women's ufc is more appealing than men's. No, not for that reason. It's less violent, and I don't fear I'm going to watch one person beat another to death, the way I feel when I've watched men. I know less about MMA, than SU does about football/basketball/golf/baseball, really anything other than law, the lds church, and sexual deviancy, but I assume Rousey is a huge favorite tonight. I don't care enough to pay to watch, but maybe the whole fight will be a gif, like last time.
                              34 seconds. Gender aside, she's got super quick hands and hits with power. She's a beast.

When poet puts pen to paper imagination breathes life, finding hearth and home.
                              -Mid Summer's Night Dream

Comment

• Chael Sonnen brought up the fact that Rousy was an Olympic bronze, World Champoinships silver, and Pan Am Games gold medalist in Judo. Beyond those, she has a decorated amateur career as a fighter over several years. These women she's fighting basically just decided to get into fighting at some point and simply don't have near the experience she does.

Chonnen said, and it stands to reason, that Rousy won't be challenged until some other Olympic champion caliber amateur decides to dedicate herself to MMA and turn pro. That probably won't happen before Rousy retires out of boredom.
                                I'm like LeBron James.
                                -mpfunk

Comment

Working...
                                X