The PRIDE of UFC....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Green Monstah View Post
    I would've scored the fight 48-47, so it's not like it was a blowout, but I don't see the controversy other than the fact that Nick Diaz whined like the little bitch he and his family are.
    You scored the fight 48-47 yet you don't see the controversy?

Comment

• Originally posted by fusnik View Post
      You scored the fight 48-47 yet you don't see the controversy?
      It was clear that Diaz lost the 2nd through 4th rounds, in my mind. He would have lstthe 5th too had Condit not fallen down. Even then, with a body triangle, he couldn't seal the deal.
      Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

Comment

• Originally posted by Green Monstah View Post
        It was clear that Diaz lost the 2nd through 4th rounds, in my mind. He would have lstthe 5th too had Condit not fallen down. Even then, with a body triangle, he couldn't seal the deal.
        Well looks like you are the dumb one. Diaz vs Condit 2 is officially set. If Condit clearly won I doubt they have an immediate rematch.

Don't let your hatred for Nick Diaz cloud your judgement.
        *Banned*

Comment

• Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
          Well looks like you are the dumb one. Diaz vs Condit 2 is officially set. If Condit clearly won I doubt they have an immediate rematch.

If this takes place before GSP is healthy, don't they have to have a third fight to determine the true interim champ?
          "They're good. They've always been good" - David Shaw.

Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

Comment

I am not a fan of Diaz at all but I thought the fight was very, very close and could have easily gone to Diaz. It has been said a million times and it will be said a million more. Never leave the fight in the hands of the judges. They can't be trusted.
            Last edited by Flystripper; 02-08-2012, 08:58 AM.
            Dyslexics are teople poo...

Comment

• Originally posted by Flystripper View Post
              I am not a fan of Diaz at all but I thought the fight was very, very close and could have easily gone to Diaz. It has been said a million times and it will be said a million more. Never leave the fight in the hands of the judges. The can't be trusted.
              It makes me wonder if this is what Dana had to do to keep Diaz from leaving.

Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

Comment

If Diaz didn't threaten retirement he may not have gotten the rematch either. I am fine with the rematch. I thought Condit did enough to win. I don't believe the same argument can be made for Diaz. Maybe you can argue the fight a draw, but I just don't see how Diaz won that fight by any measure unless you grant him octagon control which is the stupidest consideration judges have to account for.
                "Nobody listens to Turtle."
                -Turtle
                sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Surfah View Post
                  If Diaz didn't threaten retirement he may not have gotten the rematch either. I am fine with the rematch. I thought Condit did enough to win. I don't believe the same argument can be made for Diaz. Maybe you can argue the fight a draw, but I just don't see how Diaz won that fight by any measure unless you grant him octagon control which is the stupidest consideration judges have to account for.
                  Octagon control is stupid? Let me guess you enjoy watching Jon Fitch fight.
                  *Banned*

Comment

Of course not. But doesn't that kind of make my point? Isn't part of octagon control who dictates the pace and making use of the octagon to your advantage? It's not just who the aggressor is. So while I hate Fitch's "slow, do just enough on the ground to not get stood up" style, he's still getting points for octagon control, no?

But another point, IMO octagon control was completely nullified by Condit because of his gameplan which he stuck to throughout the fight. This is why I think it's an overrated stat. So what if the guy is the aggressor and coming forward the entire fight if the other fighter never receives any damage and is able to counter effectively?

I don't agree with the two judges who scored it 49-46. It should have been 48-47 Condit. I think if that were the case there would be less of an uproar over the decision. I have yet to see a compelling a reason that Diaz was the clear winner.
                    Last edited by Surfah; 02-08-2012, 12:36 PM.
                    "Nobody listens to Turtle."
                    -Turtle
                    sigpic

Comment

I thought Diaz was done??

I'm cool with that. Maybe Diaz will actually do something to win the fight next time.
                      Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

Comment

I certainly enjoyed his fight against Johnny Hendrix.

Comment

• We think that refusing to stand in front of a slugger, moving and counter-striking is the equivalent of what John Fitch does too.

Sincerely,

Lyoto Machida, Frankie Edgar, Chuck Liddell, Anderson Silva and Muhammed Ali.

P.S. We are off to watch Chris Leben and Roy Nelson re-runs!

Comment

• Originally posted by UtahDan View Post
                            We think that refusing to stand in front of a slugger, moving and counter-striking is the equivalent of what John Fitch does too.

Sincerely,

Lyoto Machida, Frankie Edgar, Chuck Liddell, Anderson Silva and Muhammed Ali.

P.S. We are off to watch Chris Leben and Roy Nelson re-runs!
                            Chuck and Anderson as counter punchers? Please stick to things you know like apostasy and lawyering. You are out of your element here.
                            *Banned*

Comment

• Nick Diaz tests positive for weed...again.

Looks like he will get minimum a year long suspension.

Condit vs Diaz 2 is officially off.
                              *Banned*

Comment

Nick Diaz tests positive for weed...again.

Looks like he will get minimum a year long suspension.

Condit vs Diaz 2 is officially off.
                                Just long enough for GSP to get healthy.
                                "Either evolution or intelligent design can account for the athlete, but neither can account for the sports fan." - Robert Brault

"Once I seen the trades go down and the other guys signed elsewhere," he said, "I knew it was my time now." - Derrick Favors

Comment

Working...
                                X