"You Gotta Love It Baby" Official Jazz thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by wapiti View Post
    Yep, this one is a hard sell. Should have been able to get more for Kanter, especially with all of the deals that got done. This is a nice deal for OKC.
    It's a horrible deal. There's no spinning this. You don't trade a 22 yo big with his skillset for a garbage contract that gets cut and a bunch of guys who nobody has ever heard of.
    Will donate kidney for B12 membership.

Comment

• I predict the following words to be peppered throughout Lindsey's explanation: "flexibility", "assets", "um".
      "Either evolution or intelligent design can account for the athlete, but neither can account for the sports fan." - Robert Brault

"Once I seen the trades go down and the other guys signed elsewhere," he said, "I knew it was my time now." - Derrick Favors

Comment

• Originally posted by wapiti View Post
        Yep, this one is a hard sell. Should have been able to get more for Kanter, especially with all of the deals that got done. This is a nice deal for OKC.
        and if they didnt get any better offers?

Comment

• Originally posted by Maximus View Post
          Keep the disgruntled and moderately talented player for the next 3 months and save yourself the headache of a bidding war for his services come summertime. Obviously no short term goal exists at this point anyway.
          "Either evolution or intelligent design can account for the athlete, but neither can account for the sports fan." - Robert Brault

"Once I seen the trades go down and the other guys signed elsewhere," he said, "I knew it was my time now." - Derrick Favors

Comment

• Originally posted by Maximus View Post
            Then you keep him and sign him to a qualifying offer for a year and showcase him so you can try again next year.

Comment

• that was the worst job of spin I've ever heard.

Comment

• Originally posted by Blueintheface View Post
                that was the worst job of spin I've ever heard.
                What did they say? I just think it shows that Utah will trade guys who are disgruntled and encourages this type of behavior going forward.

Comment

• Originally posted by The_Douger View Post
                  What did they say? I just think it shows that Utah will trade guys who are disgruntled and encourages this type of behavior going forward.
                  When asked what effect Kanter's comments had on the Jazz's decision to trade him Lindsay said absolutely no effect

Comment

When asked what effect Kanter's comments had on the Jazz's decision to trade him Lindsay said absolutely no effect
                    That's just a lie. If he loved it here and was going to re-sign for what he's worth, I think they'd love to have kept him.

He thinks we're blunting his game with this system and his contributions in it. I just worry he's going to blow up elsewhere now.

Comment

• Anyone notice the Hollinger rankings recently? I did a double take.
                      A man who views the world the same at fifty as he did at twenty has wasted thirty years of his life. - Mohammad Ali

Comment

• Originally posted by CJF View Post
                        Anyone notice the Hollinger rankings recently? I did a double take.
                        Gobert and Favors both top 25 in PER. Hayward at 30. It's just one statistic, but that should be the foundation for a good team.
                        Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

• Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
                          Gobert and Favors both top 25 in PER. Hayward at 30. It's just one statistic, but that should be the foundation for a good team.
                          Favors and Hayward should be there to stay. It will be interesting to see whether Gobert can maintain that with increased minutes.

Comment

• Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
                            It will be interesting to see what affect Burks has on that next year. He's a guy that needs the ball, gets to the line, but doesn't pass well.

It's a tiny sample but these last 2 games have been the best 2 Jazz games I've seen in a long while.

Comment

It will be interesting to see what affect Burks has on that next year. He's a guy that needs the ball, gets to the line, but doesn't pass well.

It's a tiny sample but these last 2 games have been the best 2 Jazz games I've seen in a long while.
                              Your mom doesn't pass well! Jerk.
                              I'm like LeBron James.
                              -mpfunk

Comment

• Burke seems to be playing a little better lately, averaging 18.2 PPG, 47.4% FG%, 47.8% 3FG% over the last 5 (according to @nbastats). His season stats seem to be finally on par with last year (not that he was great last year). Is there talk of getting his starting job back? Exum doesn't seem to be doing much in that role.

Comment

Working...
                                X