Official FIFA South Africa World Cup Thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Coach McGuirk
    1
    • Nov 2008
    • 12109

    #286
    Well that was a goal. jeez

    Comment

    • Art Vandelay
      Striving for mediocrity
      • Jul 2009
      • 10516

      #287
      This like OT in a BYU-Utah game. I'm going to have a freaking heart attack.

      Comment

      • Color Me Badd Fan
        Senior Member
        • Jan 2009
        • 12519

        #288
        Originally posted by CardiacCoug View Post
        Incredible second half and there should have been a 3rd goal there. What the hell was that call for?
        Not only that, but Bradley was being held, it should have been a foul.
        Part of it is based on academic grounds. Among major conferences, the Pac-10 is the best academically, largely because of Stanford, Cal and UCLA. “Colorado is on a par with Oregon,” he said. “Utah isn’t even in the picture.”

        Comment

        • Art Vandelay
          Striving for mediocrity
          • Jul 2009
          • 10516

          #289
          So what does the US need to happen to advance? I don't see England losing or likely tieing again.

          Comment

          • The_Tick
            Made something of myself
            • Nov 2008
            • 7294

            #290
            US needs England to beat Slovenia.

            US will have to beat Algeria. (I think that is the other team in our group.)

            If Slovenia and England tie, and we beat Algeria...it goes to goal differential.

            Comment

            • Hot Lunch
              Out of Office
              • Nov 2008
              • 7842

              #291
              Well that was a much more fun 45 minutes. We got screwed. That was a horrible call on the go a head goal. At least we are still alive. We need England to be win out and and the U.S. must destroy Algeria.
              "Take it to the Bank"

              Comment

              • DrumNFeather
                Invisible Swordsman
                • Nov 2008
                • 8854

                #292
                Originally posted by Art Vandelay View Post
                So what does the US need to happen to advance? I don't see England losing or likely tieing again.
                At this point, we need to beat Algeria and have England win out, it would make it:

                England 7
                US 5
                Slovenia 4
                Algeria Zippy
                "They're good. They've always been good" - David Shaw.

                Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

                Comment

                • falafel
                  loves to talk on things
                  • Mar 2009
                  • 37986

                  #293
                  I can't tell if I'm happy or pissed right now. A great comeback that should have been and effin' win. Okay, I figured it out. I'm not mad. I'm wuap.
                  Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

                  Dig your own grave, and save!

                  "The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

                  "I know that you are one of the cool and 'edgy' BYU fans" -- Wally

                  GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

                  Comment

                  • Guest

                    #294
                    I've never seen such a poorly officiated match.

                    Comment

                    • Art Vandelay
                      Striving for mediocrity
                      • Jul 2009
                      • 10516

                      #295
                      I wish I had a screenshot. They just showed a cute girl wearing a US jersey with anyone want to guess what number?

                      Comment

                      • falafel
                        loves to talk on things
                        • Mar 2009
                        • 37986

                        #296
                        Originally posted by DrumNFeather View Post
                        At this point, we need to beat Algeria and have England win out, it would make it:

                        England 7
                        US 5
                        Slovenia 4
                        Algeria Zippy
                        Very possible, very possible. But the U.S. cannot have another traditional slow start to the Algeria game. Maybe now they'll understand the urgency of the situation and attack early. That first half was brutal.
                        Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

                        Dig your own grave, and save!

                        "The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

                        "I know that you are one of the cool and 'edgy' BYU fans" -- Wally

                        GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

                        Comment

                        • Color Me Badd Fan
                          Senior Member
                          • Jan 2009
                          • 12519

                          #297
                          Originally posted by Art Vandelay View Post
                          So what does the US need to happen to advance? I don't see England losing or likely tieing again.
                          If the US beats Algeria, they'll likely advance. The only way they do not advance is if England both beats Algeria and then ties Slovenia. Then it comes down to a goal differential. If the US beats Algeria by two goals, then the US is definitely in.
                          Part of it is based on academic grounds. Among major conferences, the Pac-10 is the best academically, largely because of Stanford, Cal and UCLA. “Colorado is on a par with Oregon,” he said. “Utah isn’t even in the picture.”

                          Comment

                          • statman
                            Rabblerouser
                            • Aug 2009
                            • 2799

                            #298
                            The 3rd non-goal is the reason why soccer will never be popular with the majority of Americans. A refereee can eliminate a goal, that completely changes a game, without making any specific call.

                            Pure bullshit.

                            The ref took a win and 2 points from the US and gave a point to the Slovenians, withotut any explanation.

                            Pure bullshit...

                            Comment

                            • Shaka
                              Senior Member
                              • Dec 2008
                              • 10449

                              #299
                              Disallowing that goal was messed up. That should have been a win.

                              Comment

                              • Hot Lunch
                                Out of Office
                                • Nov 2008
                                • 7842

                                #300
                                Originally posted by 8BR View Post
                                I've never seen such a poorly officiated match.
                                It was bad.
                                "Take it to the Bank"

                                Comment

                                Working...