Official Redskins Thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • The_Douger
    Athletic Supporter
    • Jun 2012
    • 5413

    #436
    I think Seattle is going to win. Their defense and running game are pretty good, and that wins playoff games.

    It'll be a great game.
    Will donate kidney for B12 membership.

    Comment

    • DrumNFeather
      Invisible Swordsman
      • Nov 2008
      • 8854

      #437
      Early reports on RGIII have a partially torn ACL and LCL. However, the MRI seemed to be inconclusive in regard to what was new and what was old, so he and Dan Snyder are going to hop on a plane and see James Andrews tomorrow.

      DC Sports talk has naturally blown up today with a range of emotions and opinions from Shanahan being reckless and careless and shouldering 100% of the blame, to those that think that there was no way RGIII was coming out of that game to everything in between.
      "They're good. They've always been good" - David Shaw.

      Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

      Comment

      • smokymountainrain
        Impressive Member
        • Nov 2008
        • 22593

        #438
        Originally posted by DrumNFeather View Post
        Early reports on RGIII have a partially torn ACL and LCL. However, the MRI seemed to be inconclusive in regard to what was new and what was old, so he and Dan Snyder are going to hop on a plane and see James Andrews tomorrow.

        DC Sports talk has naturally blown up today with a range of emotions and opinions from Shanahan being reckless and careless and shouldering 100% of the blame, to those that think that there was no way RGIII was coming out of that game to everything in between.
        It should be simple with injured players who insist on playing - give them a short leash. Two series, no score, you yank the guy. Or you don't lead a TD drive before halftime, backup starts 2nd half. It's what should have happened with Griffin and what Bronco should have done with Riley.
        I'm like LeBron James.
        -mpfunk

        Comment

        • dabrockster
          Senior Member
          • Aug 2009
          • 10947

          #439
          Dumbass Rob Parker at it again..

          theGRIO REPORT - And then Rob Parker re-emerged. Sunday morning, hours before the Redskins playoff game, the suspended ESPN host talked exclusively with WDIV-TV's Devin Scillian on the station's weekly community affairs program 'Flashpoint.'...


          “It was just a conversation that’s had in the black community when athletes, or famous entertainers or whatever, push away from their people. And that’s really what it’s about. You saw it with O.J. Simpson, and some other people, where they say, ‘Well I’m not black, I’m O.J.’ So it’s more about that, not about RGIII and what’s going on. It’s more about this thing that we’ve battled for years and why people have pushed away from their people. It’s more about that.”

          Comment

          • DrumNFeather
            Invisible Swordsman
            • Nov 2008
            • 8854

            #440
            Originally posted by dabrockster View Post
            According to PFT, he's been fired.
            "They're good. They've always been good" - David Shaw.

            Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

            Comment

            • The_Douger
              Athletic Supporter
              • Jun 2012
              • 5413

              #441
              They need to fire him. He's an idiot.
              Will donate kidney for B12 membership.

              Comment

              • DrumNFeather
                Invisible Swordsman
                • Nov 2008
                • 8854

                #442
                RGIII to have LCL surgery this week. Apparently, they can't tell on the MRI whether or not his ACL has any damage, so that will be evaluated during the surgery.

                Apparently, he injured is knee on the play before the low snap when Bruce Irvin rolled him up.
                "They're good. They've always been good" - David Shaw.

                Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

                Comment

                • YOhio
                  Hipster Mode
                  • Nov 2008
                  • 26165

                  #443
                  Originally posted by DrumNFeather View Post
                  RGIII to have LCL surgery this week. Apparently, they can't tell on the MRI whether or not his ACL has any damage, so that will be evaluated during the surgery.

                  Apparently, he injured is knee on the play before the low snap when Bruce Irvin rolled him up.
                  They're saying a total reconstruction is required. Ugh.

                  Comment

                  • Surfah
                    Where's Wallace?
                    • Nov 2008
                    • 33726

                    #444
                    Originally posted by YOhio View Post
                    They're saying a total reconstruction is required. Ugh.

                    http://espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/2012...y-ready-opener
                    He's under the knife right now in Pensacola.
                    "Nobody listens to Turtle."
                    -Turtle
                    sigpic

                    Comment

                    • DrumNFeather
                      Invisible Swordsman
                      • Nov 2008
                      • 8854

                      #445
                      Originally posted by YOhio View Post
                      They're saying a total reconstruction is required. Ugh.

                      http://espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/2012...y-ready-opener
                      6-8 month recovery according to Mort, could/should be ready for the opener.
                      "They're good. They've always been good" - David Shaw.

                      Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

                      Comment

                      • Surfah
                        Where's Wallace?
                        • Nov 2008
                        • 33726

                        #446
                        Originally posted by DrumNFeather View Post
                        6-8 month recovery according to Mort, could/should be ready for the opener.
                        People around here seem pretty positive he's going to be back and ready. I think AP's miraculous recovery and performance this year has a lot of people hopeful. But I think many are forgetting this is his second ACL in the same knee.
                        "Nobody listens to Turtle."
                        -Turtle
                        sigpic

                        Comment

                        • UtahDan
                          *
                          • Nov 2008
                          • 14496

                          #447
                          Originally posted by Surfah View Post
                          People around here seem pretty positive he's going to be back and ready. I think AP's miraculous recovery and performance this year has a lot of people hopeful. But I think many are forgetting this is his second ACL in the same knee.
                          There should be no rush. He should take all the time needed. I hope that is the case.
                          Last edited by UtahDan; 01-09-2013, 06:49 AM.

                          Comment

                          • DrumNFeather
                            Invisible Swordsman
                            • Nov 2008
                            • 8854

                            #448
                            Originally posted by UtahDan View Post
                            There should be no rush. He should take all the time needed. I hope that is the case.
                            Of the many things I've read on this, the one thing the docs seem to think he has going for him is his youth. I don't think we have to worry about him being rushed back and given that he's having the surgery today, he's got the most time season to season for a recovery.
                            "They're good. They've always been good" - David Shaw.

                            Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

                            Comment

                            • Shaka
                              Senior Member
                              • Dec 2008
                              • 10449

                              #449
                              Hmmm I don't think this bodes well for RGIII unless the Baylor doc completely botched RGIII's previous patella graft ACL reconstruction. What's worse is they are harvesting the graft from his good knee which will hurt like hell for a while and possibly slow up his progress. I'm sure the docs here can correct me if I'm wrong but I was told the patella graft was the strongest of the available options. That strength comes at the price of pain. I know that my left knee's patella graft ACL reconstruction was much more painful than my right knee's allograft.

                              Comment

                              • DrumNFeather
                                Invisible Swordsman
                                • Nov 2008
                                • 8854

                                #450
                                Originally posted by Shaka View Post
                                Hmmm I don't think this bodes well for RGIII unless the Baylor doc completely botched RGIII's previous patella graft ACL reconstruction. What's worse is they are harvesting the graft from his good knee which will hurt like hell for a while and possibly slow up his progress. I'm sure the docs here can correct me if I'm wrong but I was told the patella graft was the strongest of the available options. That strength comes at the price of pain. I know that my left knee's patella graft ACL reconstruction was much more painful than my right knee's allograft.
                                In James Andrews I have to trust.
                                "They're good. They've always been good" - David Shaw.

                                Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

                                Comment

                                Working...