Official Redskins Thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Surfah
    Where's Wallace?
    • Nov 2008
    • 33726

    #466
    Originally posted by UtahDan View Post
    BYU fans may be interested to know that Vic So'oto is with the Skins. Played some ROLB in the 3-4, had a couple of nice hurries in passing situations. No idea what chance he has to make the team. All the reps I saw were late in the game though he may have got in sooner.
    Was Kehl playing? I watched about 5 minutes with Pat White in. If they keep 3 QBs he should stay instead of Grossman.
    "Nobody listens to Turtle."
    -Turtle
    sigpic

    Comment

    • UtahDan
      *
      • Nov 2008
      • 14496

      #467
      Originally posted by Surfah View Post
      Was Kehl playing? I watched about 5 minutes with Pat White in. If they keep 3 QBs he should stay instead of Grossman.
      I tuned in about when you did. Watched the first two offensive series but fast forwarded through the defense then caught up on a couple shows on the DVR then saw the 4th Q.

      Comment

      • Surfah
        Where's Wallace?
        • Nov 2008
        • 33726

        #468
        Originally posted by UtahDan View Post
        I tuned in about when you did. Watched the first two offensive series but fast forwarded through the defense then caught up on a couple shows on the DVR then saw the 4th Q.
        Looks like Kehl had 4 tackles, 2 solo. So'oto had 2 tackles and a QB hit.
        "Nobody listens to Turtle."
        -Turtle
        sigpic

        Comment

        • CJF
          Senior Member
          • Nov 2008
          • 8497

          #469
          Originally posted by UtahDan View Post
          BYU fans may be interested to know that Vic So'oto is with the Skins. Played some ROLB in the 3-4, had a couple of nice hurries in passing situations. No idea what chance he has to make the team. All the reps I saw were late in the game though he may have got in sooner.
          I went to the game tonight. Only stayed for the first 20 minutes or so. I didn't see him earlier. But truth be told, I was pretty disinterested. Very possible I completely missed it.
          A man who views the world the same at fifty as he did at twenty has wasted thirty years of his life. - Mohammad Ali

          Comment

          • smokymountainrain
            Impressive Member
            • Nov 2008
            • 22593

            #470
            So'oto and Kehl playing LB together for the Skins right now on ESPN. Kehl got a sack untouched and then as I type this got burned badly in the open field by a TE.
            I'm like LeBron James.
            -mpfunk

            Comment

            • All-American
              Right, as Usual
              • Nov 2008
              • 15680

              #471
              Uu
              Originally posted by smokymountainrain View Post
              So'oto and Kehl playing LB together for the Skins right now on ESPN. Kehl got a sack untouched and then as I type this got burned badly in the open field by a TE.
              It was a pretty gruesome miss.
              τὸν ἥλιον ἀνατέλλοντα πλείονες ἢ δυόμενον προσκυνοῦσιν

              Comment

              • All-American
                Right, as Usual
                • Nov 2008
                • 15680

                #472
                Kehl and So'oto team up on a monster sack. Nice.
                τὸν ἥλιον ἀνατέλλοντα πλείονες ἢ δυόμενον προσκυνοῦσιν

                Comment

                • DrumNFeather
                  Invisible Swordsman
                  • Nov 2008
                  • 8854

                  #473
                  Originally posted by All-American View Post
                  Kehl and So'oto team up on a monster sack. Nice.
                  Skins D looked better tonight, that's encouraging.

                  Sent from my LG-E970 using Tapatalk 2
                  "They're good. They've always been good" - David Shaw.

                  Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

                  Comment

                  • DrumNFeather
                    Invisible Swordsman
                    • Nov 2008
                    • 8854

                    #474
                    Another nice game for Kehl...helped force a turnover. He may have found a permanent home in the NFL. I expect him to make the team.

                    Sent from my LG-E970 using Tapatalk 2
                    "They're good. They've always been good" - David Shaw.

                    Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

                    Comment

                    • Surfah
                      Where's Wallace?
                      • Nov 2008
                      • 33726

                      #475
                      Originally posted by DrumNFeather View Post
                      Another nice game for Kehl...helped force a turnover. He may have found a permanent home in the NFL. I expect him to make the team.

                      Sent from my LG-E970 using Tapatalk 2
                      I'm not holding my breath after his dominating preseason last year.
                      "Nobody listens to Turtle."
                      -Turtle
                      sigpic

                      Comment

                      • DrumNFeather
                        Invisible Swordsman
                        • Nov 2008
                        • 8854

                        #476
                        Originally posted by Surfah View Post
                        I'm not holding my breath after his dominating preseason last year.
                        That's fair, though I think he has less competition this year due to injury.

                        Sent from my LG-E970 using Tapatalk 2
                        "They're good. They've always been good" - David Shaw.

                        Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

                        Comment

                        • Moliere
                          One man.....one pie
                          • Oct 2009
                          • 27899

                          #477


                          Obama seems to agree with me.
                          "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

                          Comment

                          • Color Me Badd Fan
                            Senior Member
                            • Jan 2009
                            • 12519

                            #478
                            I think Snyder and the Redskins need to meet on a middle ground. I don't think there's anything wrong with a sports team having a Native American mascot -- e.g. like the Florida State Seminoles or Kansas City Chiefs or something like that. I also think the image on the Redskins' helmet is dignified. By far the most offensive professional or college sports mascot is the Cleveland Indians' trademark caricature on the hats.

                            What other names could the Redskins take? Would being called the Natives be offensive (I thought it would be derivative of the Nationals, but doesn't the term "Natives" carry it's own negative connotations? Seems like that would be as bad or worse than Redskins). How about taking a page out of the NBA book, going singular, and simply be called the Tribe?
                            Part of it is based on academic grounds. Among major conferences, the Pac-10 is the best academically, largely because of Stanford, Cal and UCLA. “Colorado is on a par with Oregon,” he said. “Utah isn’t even in the picture.”

                            Comment

                            • Uncle Ted
                              The Big 12 money shot.
                              • Apr 2010
                              • 28853

                              #479
                              It seems that Bob Costas is the new Keith Olbermann...



                              Edit: Transcript of Bob Costas' personal essay...

                              Last edited by Uncle Ted; 10-14-2013, 05:07 PM.
                              "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                              "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                              "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                              GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

                              Comment

                              • Moliere
                                One man.....one pie
                                • Oct 2009
                                • 27899

                                #480
                                Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
                                It seems that Bob Costas is the new Keith Olbermann...



                                Edit: Transcript of Bob Costas' personal essay...

                                http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...insult-a-slur/
                                Nice to see these people following my lead. First Obama and now Costas. I even think UD might have finally been convinced by me that the name of his favorite team is incredibly offensive.
                                "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

                                Comment

                                Working...