Official Redskins Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Surfah View Post
    People around here seem pretty positive he's going to be back and ready. I think AP's miraculous recovery and performance this year has a lot of people hopeful. But I think many are forgetting this is his second ACL in the same knee.
    I read this article on Grantland about AP's surgery and recovery. Andrews said that the inside of AP's knee looked like something you'd see in a baby or small child. The cartilage and everything was in perfect condition except for the ACL. AP is a freak of nature.
    Part of it is based on academic grounds. Among major conferences, the Pac-10 is the best academically, largely because of Stanford, Cal and UCLA. “Colorado is on a par with Oregon,” he said. “Utah isn’t even in the picture.”

Comment

• I don't think it's been commented on by congrats to RGIII on being rookie of the year. There are so many variables here but given that the Skins beat the Ravens late in the year and were demolishing Seattle up until he got hurt...I think it's reasonable to wonder if we could have gone farther if he was healthy. That's the real question going forward and I have become convinced it is much more an issue of him getting down and making good decisions than it is scrapping the pistol.

Comment

• http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/93...ns-change-name

This needs to happen. I can't believe we still have a football team in 2013 with a racial slur as their nickname.
        "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• Originally posted by Moliere View Post
          http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/93...ns-change-name

This needs to happen. I can't believe we still have a football team in 2013 with a racial slur as their nickname.
          I hate Dan Snyder, but I hope he sticks to his guns and vow that he will never change the name.
          "Nobody listens to Turtle."
          -Turtle
          sigpic

Comment

• RGIII texting a Hooter's waitress on his wedding day.

http://deadspin.com/bidding-is-now-o...life-799919077

http://bustedcoverage.com/2013/07/14...s-wedding-day/

http://bustedcoverage.com/2013/07/15...o-sell-photos/

Comment

• Whoops!
              -Turtle
              sigpic

Comment

• I wish this weren't true, but it probably is.
                Part of it is based on academic grounds. Among major conferences, the Pac-10 is the best academically, largely because of Stanford, Cal and UCLA. “Colorado is on a par with Oregon,” he said. “Utah isn’t even in the picture.”

Comment

• I think it is safe to say that RG3 is a boob man.
                  -Turtle
                  sigpic

Comment

• LOL. Listening to the Lavar Arrington and Dukes show here in DC. First caller is in denial. Doesn't believe it and says today people can fabricate all kinds of stuff. Lavar actually said even if he did it on his wedding day he wasn't married yet and technically only had a glorified girlfriend and that maybe he's going to be straight from here on out after the wedding. LOL. Man, it's going to be long fall from the pedestal so many have put this kid on.
                    -Turtle
                    sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Surfah View Post
                      LOL. Listening to the Lavar Arrington and Dukes show here in DC. First caller is in denial. Doesn't believe it and says today people can fabricate all kinds of stuff. Lavar actually said even if he did it on his wedding day he wasn't married yet and technically only had a glorified girlfriend and that maybe he's going to be straight from here on out after the wedding. LOL. Man, it's going to be long fall from the pedestal so many have put this kid on.
                      He was there long before he got here.
                      "They're good. They've always been good" - David Shaw.

Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

Comment

• She's not overly bright. The person she should have been trying to sell to is RGIII.

Comment

• Originally posted by UtahDan View Post
                          She's not overly bright. The person she should have been trying to sell to is RGIII.
                          That was my thought as well. Dumb.
                          ( FYI I most likely wrote that incoherently and will be properly corrected forthwith. Thanks)

Comment

• Originally posted by UtahDan View Post
                            She's not overly bright. The person she should have been trying to sell to is RGIII.
                            don't they have some fancy legal term for that sort of thing? Something like extortion?
                            Dio perdona tante cose per un’opera di misericordia
                            God forgives many things for an act of mercy
                            Alessandro Manzoni

Knock it off. This board has enough problems without a dose of middle-age lechery.

pelagius

Comment

• Originally posted by pellegrino View Post
                              don't they have some fancy legal term for that sort of thing? Something like extortion?
                              Yeah. I was going to say, selling it to a news rag is a much better option than involving the FBI.
                              -Turtle
                              sigpic

Comment

• BYU fans may be interested to know that Vic So'oto is with the Skins. Played some ROLB in the 3-4, had a couple of nice hurries in passing situations. No idea what chance he has to make the team. All the reps I saw were late in the game though he may have got in sooner.

Comment

Working...
                                X