Is it OK to kill cyclists?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by smokymountainrain View Post
    A lot of times people embellish these confrontation stories to be what they wished had happened rather than what actually happened. After reading that line, I was pretty sure RC was being straight up.
    "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
    - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• Had a lady chat me up on my ride today, which was weird, but she said she'd been hit twice by cars. Yeah, after hearing that, I let her go first at the street crossing.

Comment

• https://www.outsideonline.com/242019..._term=dispatch

Some data on deaths and cycling for the year 2020.

Comment

• Originally posted by RC Vikings View Post
          https://www.outsideonline.com/242019..._term=dispatch

Some data on deaths and cycling for the year 2020.
          If you want to be safe on a bike, come to the Boise area.
          "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
          - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• Originally posted by Pelado View Post

If you want to be safe on a bike, come to the Boise area.
            That's where I started when I was going to school. I'd ride out on Hill Rd to Eagle or out on Cloverdale and it was country, very few cars. The only place I really got nervous was out on Warm Springs Rd just past the golf course. Now when we go over to visit the MIL I'll ride up on Gowen Rd or on the green belt toward Lucky Peak but there is alot of places I use to ride where I won't any more.

Comment

• I read somewhere recently that fatalities are evenly split between cities, suburbs and rural roads. One of my good friends I worked with was killed on a rural road in Sanpete County.

Comment

That's where I started when I was going to school. I'd ride out on Hill Rd to Eagle or out on Cloverdale and it was country, very few cars. The only place I really got nervous was out on Warm Springs Rd just past the golf course. Now when we go over to visit the MIL I'll ride up on Gowen Rd or on the green belt toward Lucky Peak but there is alot of places I use to ride where I won't any more.
                There's certainly a lot more traffic now that there used to be. But it's still a relatively bicycle-friendly town.
                - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• this is incredibly sad.

https://twitter.com/MavsPR/status/1372246460520091648
                  I'm like LeBron James.
                  -mpfunk

Comment

• Someone who can't see Shawn Bradley on a bike should never be allowed to drive a vehicle again.

Comment

• This is really horrible news.
                      "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                      "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                      "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by YOhio View Post
                        Someone who can't see Shawn Bradley on a bike should never be allowed to drive a vehicle again.
                        Amen. Of course, that would be like half of the residents in St. George. Sad news.
                        "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                        "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                        "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                        GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• That really sucks.

I haven’t been in my bike since October and it’s stories like this that make it difficult to get back on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                          "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• Originally posted by Moliere View Post
                            That really sucks.

I haven’t been in my bike since October and it’s stories like this that make it difficult to get back on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                            I know it's not the same but there was a rash of motorcycle/car incidents a few years back that convinced me to get rid of my motorcycle, much to my wife's rejoicing. Seemed like one in the news every week, which made me feel like I was on borrowed time.
                            “Every player dreams of being a Yankee, and if they don’t it’s because they never got the chance.” Aroldis Chapman

Comment

• https://www.yahoo.com/news/cyclist-k...143744535.html

If you miss them in your car you can always just pull over and shot them.

Comment

https://www.yahoo.com/news/cyclist-k...143744535.html

If you miss them in your car you can always just pull over and shot them.
                                Crazy. If I read that correctly, the cyclist gave the shooter's name to authorities on the 911 call. So maybe they knew each other outside of just road rage.
                                - Goatnapper'96

Comment

Working...
                                X