No announcement yet.

2019-2020 BYU Cougars basketball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well, how about that? Nice wins over UCLA and VaTech.
    "What are you prepared to do?" - Jimmy Malone

"What choice?" - Abe Petrovsky

Comment

• I did not expect this at all. I really thought we would be Chaminade and get hammered by the rest. They showed a lot in this tournament. Not so sure we are going to hit 17 threes every game, but they showed heart, had good looks and played well defensively through the whole thing. Give a lot of credit to Pope.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
        Disagree. Had we hit a few more threes in the middle stretch of the game, we would have had a fighting chance. We had tons of open looks.

Overall, I thought BYU played good defense given the circumstances. I like Pope. Can't wait for Yoeli to return.
        I agree. We went what, 6 minutes (?) without scoring? During that time there were several open shots that we simply missed.

So two out of three games we shot the three pretty well. I hope that become the norm.

Awesome tournament for BYU. Pope has them working hard on the defensive end and getting open shots on the offense. Even MVP is looking good.

I came into this season not expecting a whole lot, especially with the two big injuries. Now I have hope and expectations. Crud.
        Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

• Originally posted by myboynoah View Post
          I agree. We went what, 6 minutes (?) without scoring? During that time there were several open shots that we simply missed.

So two out of three games we shot the three pretty well. I hope that become the norm.

Awesome tournament for BYU. Pope has them working hard on the defensive end and getting open shots on the offense. Even MVP is looking good.

I came into this season not expecting a whole lot, especially with the two big injuries. Now I have hope and expectations. Crud.
          "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
          - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• Originally posted by LiveCoug View Post
            Kolby Lee's development during the lame yoeli suspension has been wonderful
            Kolby Lee > Luke Worthington

Comment

• Could Pope not have had at least one son?!?!?

Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

• MVP just dunked it.... Off the rim, off the backboard and in

Comment

• I hope Childs is ready to unleash 9 games worth of bottled aggression and anger next game. Utah should really fear for the safety of their players and fans.
                  "Seriously, is there a bigger high on the whole face of the earth than eating a salad?"--SeattleUte
                  "The only Ute to cause even half the nationwide hysteria of Jimmermania was Ted Bundy."--TripletDaddy
                  This is a tough, NYC broad, a doctor who deals with bleeding organs, dying people and testicles on a regular basis without crying."--oxcoug
                  "I'm not impressed (and I'm even into choreography . . .)"--Donuthole
                  "I too was fortunate to leave with my same balls."--byu71

Comment

• Too bad it is on the rinky dink PAC12 Network.

Comment

Could Pope not have had at least one son?!?!?

Neither Pope nor Burgess had any success there. Coach Juddy may have an influx of talent soon then.
                      "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

For me it's hard to enjoy it much when there are zero expectations -- the extreme example of that being the 1-25 season. You knew pretty early on that year that they were going to lose. For me that expectation didn't exactly make it less crappy when they did. My expectation for this year was that Pope has been a good coach and could hopefully get the existing players to produce at a higher level than they had been, and for the players to play better as a team. That came from the things Pope said publicly about being "relentless, etc." That seems to be happening. I don't know how that translates into overall wins and losses or the postseason, but it's been fun to watch so far. I do think the very low expectations some had of a team with a below .500 record or whatever are not going to be right. The team is clearly much better than that. Beating UCLA was one thing, but the Va Tech win is pretty big, especially considering they had just beaten Michigan State.
                        Last edited by BlueK; 12-03-2019, 07:11 AM.

Comment

• Is this where we post about upcoming Cougar games? You guys are in for a beatdown. To wit:

- Utah has won 3 straight at home this year!!! And this game is at home.
                          - Utah has the youngest team in the nation (or something)! That is, I am told, a good thing and evidence of Coach K's merit as a developmental coach.
                          - Utah has a LOT of anonymous looking white guys who all look alike. The exceptions are 7'5 Matt Van Komen (from your backyard) who doesn't play unless things are desperate and Rylan Jones who looks alarmingly like my six-year old.
                          - Utah has been very lucky to have won the games they've won (based on the stats, they should have lost @ Nevada, Minnesota, and UC Davis). But we did beat Coastal Carolina by 94!!!! Oh, what's that? Apparently we lost to Coastal Carolina. Well, we did beat someone by 94!
                          - This year, Riley Battin (the Yoeli stopper) is rocking a backstreet boys circa 1998 chin beard. Wonderful!

All in all it should be rocking at the 9,000 seat Huntsman Center!

Comment

• Originally posted by Applejack View Post
                            Is this where we post about upcoming Cougar games? You guys are in for a beatdown. To wit:

- Utah has won 3 straight at home this year!!! And this game is at home.
                            - Utah has the youngest team in the nation (or something)! That is, I am told, a good thing and evidence of Coach K's merit as a developmental coach.
                            - Utah has a LOT of anonymous looking white guys who all look alike. The exceptions are 7'5 Matt Van Komen (from your backyard) who doesn't play unless things are desperate and Rylan Jones who looks alarmingly like my six-year old.
                            - Utah has been very lucky to have won the games they've won (based on the stats, they should have lost @ Nevada, Minnesota, and UC Davis). But we did beat Coastal Carolina by 94!!!! Oh, what's that? Apparently we lost to Coastal Carolina. Well, we did beat someone by 94!
                            - This year, Riley Battin (the Yoeli stopper) is rocking a backstreet boys circa 1998 chin beard. Wonderful!

All in all it should be rocking at the 9,000 seat Huntsman Center!
                            "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                            - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• Anyone in ABQ and want to watch the game with me? I'm at spectators. I'll be the guy watching the byu vs Utah game

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
                              "Be a philosopher. A man can compromise to gain a point. It has become apparent that a man can, within limits, follow his inclinations within the arms of the Church if he does so discreetly." - The Walking Drum

"And here’s what life comes down to—not how many years you live, but how many of those years are filled with bullshit that doesn’t amount to anything to satisfy the requirements of some dickhead you’ll never get the pleasure of punching in the face." – Adam Carolla

Comment

• Originally posted by Mormon Red Death View Post
                                Anyone in ABQ and want to watch the game with me? I'm at spectators. I'll be the guy watching the byu vs Utah game

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
                                Is that a gentlemen's club?
                                Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Working...
                                X